Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Any interest in Jeff Carter? I would, but only in very specific terms such as a low cost (no 1sts) they take Sobotka, and he’s mature now. He’d work as a 2nd center for this year and still has quite the shot. But his age is definitely a turn off 

4 years left at $5.2M per (3 after this year), which would bring him to 36. 6-9-15 in 31 gp so far this year. Gonna pass on that one

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Any interest in Jeff Carter? I would, but only in very specific terms such as a low cost (no 1sts) they take Sobotka, and he’s mature now. He’d work as a 2nd center for this year and still has quite the shot. But his age is definitely a turn off 

Absolutely not. 

18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

4 years left at $5.2M per (3 after this year), which would bring him to 36. 6-9-15 in 31 gp so far this year. Gonna pass on that one

This would be a guy that would be valuable to a contender for a Cup run... a deadline deal maybe in 2 years when his contract is running out.   

And Buffalo isn't quite there yet.   

Kevin Hayes Center from the Rangers or from Ottawa RW/C Ryan Dzingel 

Both are 26 and UFAs after this year.

Hayes averages just under 45 points per year and could fill in as  2C

Dzingel gives you speed as a second line RW and could play center in a pinch. 

He also has a 1.8 Million Dollar Cap Hit and could be acquired now. 

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

I would trade KO plus a decent sweetener for Jeff Carter in a heartbeat.  But they have to take KO.

And I would trade quite a bit for Tarasenko, but there is NFW that STL trades him.

You can see how much better the top line has been with Jeff Skinner added. Tarasenko is a step above Skinner. We could always use more top-end talent.

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Supposedly SJS is potentially looking for a 4C to trade for (Sobotka anyone ? )

Klefbom will be out, in the weeks timetable, I wonder if there is anything we could work out with them seeing as with Hunwick back we'd have a bit of an overload on LDs and I want to keep Pilut in Buffalo.  

If we trade Hunwick, isn't there a clause that the Sabres have to up the ante to the Penguins?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I would trade KO plus a decent sweetener for Jeff Carter in a heartbeat.  But they have to take KO.

Why?

Carter is older, putting up similar numbers on a similar contract and seems to be a locker room negative.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

For all those who think our 1st line carries too much of a scoring burden, turns out they're not alone

Offensive Contribution Percentage, 2018-19

PLAYER TEAM PRIMARY
GOALS
OFFENSIVE CONTRIBUTION
PERCENTAGE
Connor McDavid EDM 34 81 41.98
David Pastrnak BOS 31 80 38.75
Nathan MacKinnon COL 36 108 33.33
Mikko Rantanen COL 35 108 32.41
Leon Draisaitl EDM 26 81 32.10
Patrick Kane CHI 26 84 30.95
Alex Ovechkin WSH 32 105 30.48
Mitch Marner TOR 33 109 30.28
Johnny Gaudreau CGY 32 107 29.91
Sidney Crosby PIT 29 97 29.90
Jack Eichel BUF 26 88 29.55
Jeff Skinner BUF 26 88 29.55
Dylan Larkin DET 26 89 29.21
Brayden Point TB 37 128 28.91
Brad Marchand BOS 23 80 28.75
Matt Duchene OTT 30 105 28.57
Sebastian Aho CAR 20 70 28.57
Claude Giroux PHI 24 85 28.24
Blake Wheeler WPG 28 100 28.00
Elias Pettersson VAN 26 94 27.66

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Why?

Carter is older, putting up similar numbers on a similar salary and seems to be a locker room negative.

Valid question.

I suppose it comes down to the following:

- I'm pretty close to being willing to do just about anything to be rid of KO's contract, as I think he's almost certainly done as a top-6 forward and can see him entering Moulson territory by next season.

- Carter had 22 pts in 27 games last year and 32-34-66 in 82 games the prior year.  He also has 2 rings.

- The Sabres' middle 6 is dying for a #2 center and I can see a change of scenery to a playoff team (!) rejuvenating Carter and him thriving in that role -- or at least filling it better than the alternatives on the Sabres' roster.

- It just seems like no worse than a push with Okposo in terms of on-ice production, and with a reasonable shot at significantly improved production, and at $800K less per year against the cap.

- I don't think there have been any locker room issues with Carter since he left Philly.

I think Carter remains apartment and also think he is dragging his butt this year and a huge reason for the Kings swoon. I also think he is a pouting type who would way rather be in LA than Buffalo.

The centre thing though is entirely valid. A 28-year-old Carter would solve a lot of our issues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.