Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I disagree, I think the ceiling of both is currently a middle six winger.   And puljujarvi is a reclamation project more than anything they go badly.

Nylander is developing still, had some set backs due to injury, I'll keep Nylander.     

I think if both had gone to college or stayed in juniors, we would think differently of them right now. I'd take a chance on Puljujarvi because I think his skill set is worth taking a shot on. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Brassard reportedly on the outs in Pittsburg.

I'd trade Sobotka for him.

I would definitely have a good amount of interest in Brassard Sobotka isn’t even a third of the price it’d take to get him, though.

He’s probably someone I would consider sending a first for depending but you can probably get him without giving one up.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hoss said:

I would definitely have a good amount of interest in Brassard Sobotka isn’t even a third of the price it’d take to get him, though.

He’s probably someone I would consider sending a first for depending but you can probably get him without giving one up.

31 and a UFA. Don't think I'd entertain giving up one of the 1sts.

Would be interesting to get him for this year though, help bolster a run to the playoffs? 

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Would you give up one of our firsts if another good piece or two came back from Pitt?

Depends what the other piece is. There's not a lot I really like from Pittsburgh honestly. I probably don't want to give up a 1st in a Brassard trade but I'm fairly confident that's not what we'd need to beat other offers?

40 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Depends what the other piece is. There's not a lot I really like from Pittsburgh honestly. I probably don't want to give up a 1st in a Brassard trade but I'm fairly confident that's not what we'd need to beat other offers?

This is where I’m at. I’d be willing to consider it depending on the deal but realistically it wouldn’t be needed.

The Pens gave up Ian Cole, a 1st, 3rd, 4th, Ryan Reaves and a mediocre goalie to get Brassard, a 3rd and two prospects. The 3rd, 4th, the goalie prospect and Reaves offset with the higher third and two prospects. So it was essentially a 1st and Cole for Brassard. Now his value is lower.

Winnipeg doesn’t need to move Ehlers or Trouba until the end of the season. 

This team is not in position to trade firsts for rentals. The path to the second round will go through Tampa or Toronto, both teams are far ahead of the Sabres. I would expect the Sabres to lose 4-1 or 4-2 in a series against either team. That being said I never expected them to make the playoffs until the winning streak so any playoff appearance would be golden.

If I was Botts, I would call up Nylander, Smith and Olofsson to see what they have to offer. 

Now if a younger player with term or pending RFA Status that fits in the future becomes available, that’s a different story 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This team is not in position to trade firsts for rentals. The path to the second round will go through Tampa or Toronto, both teams are far ahead of the Sabres. I would expect the Sabres to lose 4-1 or 4-2 in a series against either team. That being said I never expected them to make the playoffs until the winning streak so any playoff appearance would be golden.

If I was Botts, I would call up Nylander, Smith and Olofsson to see what they have to offer. 

Now if a younger player with term or pending RFA Status that fits in the future becomes available, that’s a different story 

Agree I would call the three of them up but unlikely at the moment that is happening unless there are more injuries. 

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Can't wait to use my late season Amerks tickets!!  Go Redmond and Wedgewood!!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I do like the idea of him here in Buffalo I admit. And my bringing him up is based on their fan chatter as of late.

You are too new to the board to know that I have been clamouring for the Sabres to draft a Moosehead since 2013.  First it was FUCALE!! when McKinnon, or Drouin were not realistic,  Then EHLERS!!, then MEIER!!, then HISCHIER.

I am a legend here, in part, because of this.  (Not really a legend, but ,,, what is the opposite?)

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
darn, those missing letters ...
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are too new to the board to know that I have been clamouring for the Sabres to draft a Moosehead since 2013.  First it was FUCALE!! when McKinnon, or Drouin were not realistic,  Then EHLERS!!, then MEIER!!, then HISCHIER.

I am a legend her, in part, because of this.  (Not really a legend, but ,,, what is the opposite?)

Isn't he sucking now ? ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am a legend here, in part, because of this.  (Not really a legend, but ,,, what is the opposite?)

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.