Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Maybe just driving up the value of other UFAs so you can prey on those weakened by stupid cap signings?  :)

It's today... and I need to sleep... so I can be ready for all that transpires.. later today.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kunitch01.html

Appeared in 178 playoff games and four Stanley cups.  Won 2.  Bots knows him like the back of his hand.

Fourth line LW. Gritty.  Can still score points.  Mentor role

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/k/kunitch01.html

Appeared in 178 playoff games and four Stanley cups.  Won 2.  Bots knows him like the back of his hand.

Fourth line LW. Gritty.  Can still score points.  Mentor role

I also see them going after David Perron or Pat Maroon.  I wouldn't be surprised if they showed interest in Scotty Hartnell.  Character guy.

Edited by dejeanerret

Thought this was a good article from a person pegged in the middle of the ROR trade rumors.

https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2018/6/30/17521640/the-blues-and-ryan-oreilly-need-each-other#comments

Only one of Kyro or Thomas is not gonna get it done. PS if no Thomas probably no OReilly... screw taking on Sabotka unless both Thomas, Kyro and a first come here

I feel like st.louis knows a different ROR then we do. Those comments on his play had me raising an eyebrow.

I've never been on the trade ROR train. I think a winning team will cure his problems. If this article is right he played the third hardest minutes and was still our second highest point getter. Above that I don't think people appreciate his face off wins. Does anyone have any stats on goals we scored after he won a face off? I know this is impossible but how many goals against were saved. I know we didn't score many but Imagine if we had a good team how many more goals we might score. We will be good this year. Now if we trade ROR and replace him with someone with a lower face off percentage we lose those goals as well.

After Randall big long post about click bait I'm also a believer. Don't care who it is, I think they all want to be in the know and click bait. I'll believe what happens if and when it happens and not giving these 'insider's anything.

All's I'm saying is, most the rumors don't happen, the only ones that did were obvious and still wrong (see Dreger on Kane) and everything we have done (Scandella,Sheary,Wilson etc) was predicted by NOBoDY and first made aware of as the ink was drying. :P

All's I'm saying is, most the rumors don't happen, the only ones that did were obvious and still wrong (see Dreger on Kane) and everything we have done (Scandella,Sheary,Wilson etc) was predicted by NOBoDY and first made aware of as the ink was drying. :P

I speculated on Sheary. I HAVE SOURCES DAMMIT!!!!! :p

Many have asked what I know about #stlblues & Ryan O'Reilly. I've stayed away from commenting b/c I've received conflicting reports. Was told that Blues obviously didn't want to pay $7.5 million roster bonus due & have been prepared to offer bigger package #Sabres will now want.

From Lou Korac who covers the Blues for NHL.com

Many have asked what I know about #stlblues & Ryan O'Reilly. I've stayed away from commenting b/c I've received conflicting reports. Was told that Blues obviously didn't want to pay $7.5 million roster bonus due & have been prepared to offer bigger package #Sabres will now want.

From Lou Korac who covers the Blues for NHL.com

Please please please Thomas. When could this trade go down? After noon today or would it have to wait until tomorrow?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.