Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Because Colton Parayko is a stud defenseman. I can't imagine getting a better NHL player back.

Trading ROR creates a gaping hole in our team at center. Parayko won't make us better than ROR and McCabe, and the 2019 pick is years away (and a lottery ticket). Yikes.

If trading ROR doesn't make us better this year or 1-2 years down the road, don't do it.

Expected no less from you. But nevertheless my prediction is no matter what we get for ROR or if we keep him the naysayers on here will have a field day.

Welp, I'm reluctant to trade him given his talent and the fact that every other decent center we have is very young or inexperienced. It'll be tough to do a trade that actually excites me, and I don't want to trade him for the sake of trading him.

If we have to keep him, that's fine to allow Mittelstadt time on the 3rd line this year. It's not like he was awful last year.

Because Colton Parayko is a stud defenseman. I can't imagine getting a better NHL player back.

Yes! I agree w/ that. Parayko can provide immediate defensive improvement. Guy stands 6 foot 6’. Shoots the puck around 104 mph. All of a sudden the Sabres d’ is very good. Hope he ends up in Buffalo.

Edited by GoPre

Trading ROR creates a gaping hole in our team at center. Parayko won't make us better than ROR and McCabe, and the 2019 pick is years away (and a lottery ticket). Yikes.

If trading ROR doesn't make us better this year or 1-2 years down the road, don't do it.

Welp, I'm reluctant to trade him given his talent and the fact that every other decent center we have is very young or inexperienced. It'll be tough to do a trade that actually excites me, and I don't want to trade him for the sake of trading him.

If we have to keep him, that's fine to allow Mittelstadt time on the 3rd line this year. It's not like he was awful last year.

Okay, now I'm moving closer to your thinking as I'm on record on not wanting to trade ROR. My feeling is we're going to and if that's the case then his value is,in my opinion, along the lines of what the rumors are saying.

From Jeremy Rutherford

Robert Thomas has not been part of any trade talks for ROR

Oh come on, you telling me JBOt never asked about him?

If he hasn’t, the only acceptable reason is because the conversation started and stopped at Parayko.

Edited by dudacek

Blues fans are laughing at that Buffa guy, saying he's not legit.

Parayko, or Kyrou + Dunn as bases?

The guy used ROR locker being cleaned out as evidence. Buffa is clearly a dumbass

For the record, I do think a St.Louis trade makes a ton of sense. From both sides.

The guy used ROR locker being cleaned out as evidence. Buffa is clearly a dumbass

For the record, I do think a St.Louis trade makes a ton of sense. From both sides.

I was surprised when Jeremy White Retweeted his tweets. I figured it was similar to what his sources had been saying to him.

If we aren’t getting a top 4 D or a top 6 winger, why are we even considering trading ROR?

I know Jbot hates TM’s players, but this is going to far to trade ROR for futures and getting zero immediate help for next year’s team.

I agree with you 100%. I think ROR has always been a Chris Drury type and not a Briere type and as a result some fans over rate him. That said I think he's easily in our top 4 forwards and no reason to trade him for anybody. All the trades have heard sounds horrible except the possibility of Skinner from Carolina yet don't like he's a UFA after this season. 

Blues fans are laughing at that Buffa guy, saying he's not legit. 

Parayko, or Kyrou + Dunn as bases?

I'm against Kyrou as how many damned Lefty Dmen do we need? Parayko is a nice thought yet I can't see us landing him. 

Well yeah, under the premise that ROR goes for Parayko then the most obvious move to complete a culture change that Botts alluded to is to trade Risto for forward help. 

Why trade the only proven Dman we have? I know Dahlin is supposed to be better but damn Risto is easily one of top 5 players and it's not like we have any great D men after him except Dahlin. Yet to me you keep your strengths instead of let one guy for the sake of addressing a weakness. I get we need help at wing yet maybe the best option is shifting Rienhart there permanently and someone in UFA. A guy like Tobias Rieder might be a smart add under a two or three year contract. As he's already a good 3rd liner now so maybe give him some money to play the second line/third while Nylander still develops and in a year or two shift Rieder back to the 3rd line. 

Kyrou is a winger

Whoops, I meant to say Dunn. 

I wonder if Jbot’s strategy this year is to dump ROR, for a top 4 D or scoring winger. Then build a traditional two way line geared toward playing defense against the other teams top line and then building two offense geared lines around Jack and Casey.

To do that he signs Bozak for 3 years at 10 mill. Bozak is 32, excellent in the faceoff circle, had 40 pts last season and has a career shooting % of 13.8, but had an off year this year shooting.

A line of Wilson Bozak and ?? focusing on stopping the other teams top line (especially at home) would give Jack and Casey better matchups.

1) Sheary Eichel Okposo

2) Wilson Bozak

3) ERod Mittelstadt Reinhart

4) Girgensons O’Regan Pominville

Now all we need is a decent two way RW to play with Bozak. Maybe a Tobias Reider?

Why trade the only proven Dman we have? I know Dahlin is supposed to be better but damn Risto is easily one of top 5 players and it's not like we have any great D men after him except Dahlin. Yet to me you keep your strengths instead of let one guy for the sake of addressing a weakness. I get we need help at wing yet maybe the best option is shifting Rienhart there permanently and someone in UFA. A guy like Tobias Rieder might be a smart add under a two or three year contract. As he's already a good 3rd liner now so maybe give him some money to play the second line/third while Nylander still develops and in a year or two shift Rieder back to the 3rd line. 

Whoops, I meant to say Dunn. 

Maybe you missed the first contingency, which was trading O'Reilly for Colton Parayko. That'd give us two defensemen better than Risto assuming Dahlin lives up to the hype. But by trading O'Reilly we'd have a hole at 2nd line center (Mittlestadt probably isn't ready for that just yet as a rookie). Risto would have a ton of value as a tradeable asset and could bring us back a better scoring forward than just about any other player on our roster. The logic is you have to give up something good to get something good. It's not that Risto is terrible, it's just that he could bring a good return.

I wonder if Jbot’s strategy this year is to dump ROR, for a top 4 D or scoring winger. Then build a traditional two way line geared toward playing defense against the other teams top line and then building two offense geared lines around Jack and Casey.

To do that he signs Bozak for 3 years at 10 mill. Bozak is 32, excellent in the faceoff circle, had 40 pts last season and has a career shooting % of 13.8, but had an off year this year shooting.

A line of Wilson Bozak and ?? focusing on stopping the other teams top line (especially at home) would give Jack and Casey better matchups.

1) Sheary Eichel Okposo

2) Wilson Bozak

Now all we need is a decent two way RW to play with Bozak. Maybe a Tobias Reider?

While Bozak is strong in the circle, he has never been known as a great defender. You would need a Jere Lethinen level defensive winger to make that plan work

1) Sheary Eichel Okposo

2) Wilson Bozak

All this talk about ROR trades has resulted in the most ridiculous line projections since the tank. A lot of people sounded like they new a MTL trade was happening. Now its STL. Twitter feeds are fake news. LOL.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.