Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

These reports poke a pretty big hole in the 3OA balloon that some were trying to float.

LeBrun: From people I have talked to, there seems to be a 50-50 chance that Ryan O’Reilly gets traded tonight. It all depends on if the #Sabres can get a first round pick in return.

LeBrun: The Blues have called on Ryan O’Reilly as well. They may be willing to move the 29th overall pick they acquired from the Jets, but that may be too low for the #Sabres.

Elliotte Friedman on Edmonton’s 630 CHED, asked (four hours away from the draft) to name a player “who a lot of people think is going to go tonight, who’s going to end up getting traded,” as well as a player people think might get traded tonight who will not be dealt:

“I’ll probably get this totally wrong,” qualified Friedman. “I hate these predictions because I always get them wrong.

“But I think a player who probably doesn’t get traded is going to be Ryan O’Reilly. I think there will be teams who wait to see where Tavares goes before they’re in on O’Reilly. I think that $7.5 million bonus on July 1 makes it hard, because I think if Buffalo trades him to another team that’s going to have to pay that, I think the return is going to be less. I think teams will say, ‘If you want us to pay that, we’re not giving you as much.’ So that’s one thing I think.

Per Dreger

Sounds like Carolina is inching closer to moving Jeff Skinner. 3 teams believed to be in the mix in the late stages of discussions.

Elliotte Friedman on Edmonton’s 630 CHED, asked (four hours away from the draft) to name a player “who a lot of people think is going to go tonight, who’s going to end up getting traded,” as well as a player people think might get traded tonight who will not be dealt:

“I’ll probably get this totally wrong,” qualified Friedman. “I hate these predictions because I always get them wrong.

“But I think a player who probably doesn’t get traded is going to be Ryan O’Reilly. I think there will be teams who wait to see where Tavares goes before they’re in on O’Reilly. I think that $7.5 million bonus on July 1 makes it hard, because I think if Buffalo trades him to another team that’s going to have to pay that, I think the return is going to be less. I think teams will say, ‘If you want us to pay that, we’re not giving you as much.’ So that’s one thing I think.

Per Dreger

Sounds like Carolina is inching closer to moving Jeff Skinner. 3 teams believed to be in the mix in the late stages of discussions.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Skinner. He's good, he's fast, he's still young, I don't think he'd be that expensive either in a trade or in free agency. I also don't think he's coming here.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Skinner. He's good, he's fast, he's still young, I don't think he'd be that expensive either in a trade or in free agency. I also don't think he's coming here.

I wouldn't mind either. But hasn't he had concussion issues? 

I think ROR, an established excellent 2 way centre, is worth more than 3rd overall (ie ... Zadina).

ROR is worth more than 3oa. Like NS says. 

2nd overall you could MAYBE talk me into straight up. Maybe. But 3rd is a no. 

Trade value for the 3rd overall pick is probably around ROR 

Edited by That Aud Smell

His value is what the market says it is, though.

Sure, but #3 is only relevant to Buffalo and the Habs.

I think what people are saying is that #3 is the only asset the Habs have that is ROR-worthy.

If the Habs don't think he's worth #3 there won't be a trade.

Maybe the Penguins and Sharks would give #3 if they had it, but the Canucks and the Avs wouldn't.

I think what people are saying is that #3 is the only asset the Habs have that is ROR-worthy.

Maybe the Penguins and Sharks would give #3 if they had it, but the Canucks and the Avs wouldn't.

Exactly. What else do they have that's ROR like?

That's a slightly different point than the one that was being made, I think. Many were heard to say that a player of ROR's calibre is worth the 3OA pick - full stop. Which confounded me.

And then I busted chops with a Fred Willard clip.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Skinner is cool. 

Yes with an asterisk - the risk is always there for guys who have those, but 5 straight seasons of 70+ games played, 4 straight of 77+ games played.

Good point. If I remember correctly, it's been a few years, his issues were back around 2012-2014. 

Tampa Bay announcing they won't be resigning Chris Kunitz.

13 goals and 29 points in 80 games last year for Lightening.  Former 30 goal scorer spent 9 years with Pens.

That has Bots written all over it.

He's 38 and will probably play the 3rd line, but he's someone I can see Bots bring in as a culture guy.  

(His 29 points would have ranked him 8th in team scoring last year behind Poms).  That's how bad we were.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.