Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

A little worried about Klefbom's injury history, but that's the kinda trade that would improve us as a team based on Risto's perceived value versus what actually happens when he's on the ice IMO. Straight up I'd still have to do work to see if I'd want to do it, but with 10 overall? 

Its a trade only Chiarelli could love.

A little worried about Klefbom's injury history, but that's the kinda trade that would improve us as a team based on Risto's perceived value versus what actually happens when he's on the ice IMO. Straight up I'd still have to do work to see if I'd want to do it, but with 10 overall? 

I just don't see the value in trading one of the few RHDs who shoots right for another left LHD. without us also getting Yamamoto and 10. Otherwise all we are doing is downgrading our production, upping D play, but leaving us with only the often injured Bogosian and young Nelson as a rightys

Klefbom plus the 10th overall pick sounds good on the surface, but he's a lefty and that would leave us incredibly thin on the right hand side. Even is we assume Dahlin will play on the right who else is going to play on the right side?

Scandella, Dahlin, McCabe, Beaulieu, Falk, Pilut and Klefbom all shoot left. On the right we'd have Dahlin playing his off hand, Bogosian for 10-40 games, and Casey Nelson I guess.

And people are excited about this? Are you all just high? Do I need to be?

Randall here's my Risto proposal

Risto + 2019 3rd to EDM for Klefbom, #10, and Yamamoto

then

Nylander and #10 to CAR for Pesce and a 2019 4th

Beaulieu for Orpik and Grubauer's rights

Scandella - Pesce

Klefbom - Dahlin

McCabe - Bogosian

Orpik - Nelson

Guhle is 1st call up as we all know Bogo won't play more than 40 games anyway.

Is Pesce any good? I know you love Slavin but I can't see them trading him and he's a lefty too.

I just don't see the value in trading one of the few RHDs who shoots right for another left LHD. without us also getting Yamamoto and 10. Otherwise all we are doing is downgrading our production, upping D play, but leaving us with only the often injured Bogosian and young Nelson as a rightys

I promise you that whoever takes Risto's PP spot (Dahlin) will manage to keep it up, passing to the best PP forwards out there. 

And Risto's ES scoring was 107th in the league or something like that. We'll be okay!

Randall here's my Risto proposal

Risto + 2019 3rd to EDM for Klefbom, #10, and Yamamoto

then

Nylander and #10 to CAR for Pesce and a 2019 4th

Beaulieu for Orpik and Grubauer's rights

Scandella - Pesce

Klefbom - Dahlin

McCabe - Bogosian

Orpik - Nelson

Guhle is 1st call up as we all know Bogo won't play more than 40 games anyway.

Is Pesce any good? I know you love Slavin but I can't see them trading him and he's a lefty too.

Pesce is very good. I think he'll have a Vlasic-like career, and he's already a bona-fide #2/3D. Incredible in his own zone, and fine offensively and in transition (he doesn't get PP time much)

I don't think Carolina can afford to give him away for anything that isn't an immediately contributing roster forward though.

This trade might work.

Also Gord Miller on TSN Radio

Gord Miller on the Sabres getting the 1st overall pick: "I think this makes Buffalo a legitimate contender to get John Tavares."

Miller mentions how Tavares wants to play in a good hockey market, which Miller says Buffalo is, the Pegula's are willing to spend, it's close to home (Toronto) but he is still out of the limelight there.

post-3436-0-34726500-1526509252_thumb.png

I love Klefbom, especially at his current salary. But maaaaaaan that injury history. It's tough to commit to, but I think I'd do Risto for Klefbom + 10. 

This trade might work.

Also Gord Miller on TSN Radio

Gord Miller on the Sabres getting the 1st overall pick: "I think this makes Buffalo a legitimate contender to get John Tavares."

Miller mentions how Tavares wants to play in a good hockey market, which Miller says Buffalo is, the Pegula's are willing to spend, it's close to home (Toronto) but he is still out of the limelight there.

I refused to get my hopes up for Dahlin. I will also refuse to get my hopes up for Tavares....may the results be similar though ;)

I'd take Tavaras.

Eichel and Tavaras as a 1-2 punch at center would be nasty. And, our power play would get much better. Of course, we have no goaltending and our defense corps is a mess... can maybe trade O'Reilly for some help back there.  :)

Edit: As Botterill seems to be using the Pens as a template, this would follow the Crosby - Malkin model of strength down the middle.

Edited by Iron Crotch

The only way I trade O'Reilly is if we're getting Tavares. Mittelstat might be a 2nd line center in the future, but we really don't know and I don't want all my eggs in that basket. I need another solid second line center on the hook before we let ROR go.

Here is the interview, Sabres Stuff starts at 6:30

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/miller-sabres-could-land-tavares-1.1087386

Interestingly the talk amongst the GMs and Front Office Types in Denmark is that Dahlin makes Buffalo more attractive to FAs, we will see.

Also the dead air from the hosts when Miller mentions Buffalo as an attractive spot for Tavares is quite priceless.

Why do you think this? I think he’s about 70% likely to leave.

So if he leaves, what are the most likely landing spots? Like Dahlin, I haven't given JT much thought. Who has the cap room who he would find appealing. Please don't say Toronto...please don't say Toronto...please...

So if he leaves, what are the most likely landing spots? Like Dahlin, I haven't given JT much thought. Who has the cap room who he would find appealing. Please don't say Toronto...please don't say Toronto...please...

Toronto needs to sign 8 players for next season. They only have 15 under contract. They have approximately 25million to sign those players. If they took Tavares at say 10mil a year, that leaves them with 7 players to fill out their roster and only 15mil or 2.14mil per player. So in essence they would technically have the cap space to sign John Tavares. 

No more star power trades. Go away TM and don’t come back. Can we build an organization first? Please?

First of all we already traded away all our tradeable assets. Kane and Foligno were the last. We aren’t trading Risto or Reinhart, because nothing coming back will be a net positive for the team.

The only way we are making a vet upgrade this year is an UFA, aka a DeHaan, or taking a cap casualty from someone else for a draft pick.

Our trades this off-season are likely to be hockey trades involving lower end players like Girgensons or Larsson or even McCabe. I can also envision some prospect swaps, but this year’s major acquisition is already done. His name is Dahlin.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

No more star power trades. Go away TM and don’t come back. Can we build an organization first? Please?

First of all we already traded away all our tradeable assets. Kane and Foligno were the last. We aren’t trading Risto or Reinhart, because nothing coming back will be a net positive for the team.

The only way we are making a vet upgrade this year is an UFA, aka a DeHaan, or taking a cap casualty from someone else for a draft pick.

Our trades this off-season are likely to be hockey trades involving lower end players like Girgensons or Larsson or even McCabe. I can also envision some prospect swaps, but this year’s major acquisition is already done. His name is Dahlin.

Tavares would be signing, not a trade.

Toronto needs to sign 8 players for next season. They only have 15 under contract. They have approximately 25million to sign those players. If they took Tavares at say 10mil a year, that leaves them with 7 players to fill out their roster and only 15mil or 2.14mil per player. So in essence they would technically have the cap space to sign John Tavares. 

Boom!

I have to believe playing in a great city, for a great coach and as part of a loaded team on the rise will be pretty appealing to JT.

I'm also quite sure that plenty of other teams will figure out ways to make him huge offers.

Boom!

I have to believe playing in a great city, for a great coach and as part of a loaded team on the rise will be pretty appealing to JT.

I'm also quite sure that plenty of other teams will figure out ways to make him huge offers.

I may be slightly off on the 25mil. Number taken from Capfriendly and idk if they included the salary cap raise. 

They do use the 75mil cap for next years projections. The cap is projected to rise to between 78 and 80mil. That means the Leafs could have up to 30mil in cap space barring any penalties. 

Also also! William Nylander and Connor Carrick need new contracts this summer (They easily eats up that extra 5mil I just found if not more). They can also sign Matthews (1yr left) Marner (1yr left) and Kapanen (1yr left) this summer. 

Boom!

Isn't one of those players Auston Matthews though? I know his contract wouldn't kick in for another year, but they're talking about him getting 12m.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.