Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Well it depends on Bogo really. With a healthy Bogo you can run

Scan - Risto

McCabe - Bogo

Pilut - Dahlin

Nelson

Sam and ROR have chemistry. Hesitant to lose that

Time to move on from Bogosian.  He's unreliable and we don't need to waste another 30 games waiting for him to come back only to then injury something else.  Good player, useful player, good person.  However, unreliable and it's time to move on after 3 seasons of B/S injuries. 

He was on TSN 690 in Montreal when he said it.

I think it could be a salary cap move as he is slotted into the second pairing at 9 Million per year for 4 more years and Ellis and Josi have 1 and 2 years remaining on their present contracts.

The Sabres would have a playoff caliber defense with Subban, Dahlin, Risto, Scandella, Guhle, McCabe, Nelson and Bogo for his 10 games.

Here is the link

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/pagnotta-pk-subban-likely-to-be-traded-out-of-nashville-1.1083767

Also Subban did say he played his best hockey under Housley

PK is kind of an enigma. He made some costly errors in the playoffs that hurt the Preds... and a lot of guys don't like his antics... "dressing room conflict" is the rumor (and it appears to be why he was moved out of Montreal as well).

...but the Preds made the Cup final last year and won the President's Trophy this year. So I have to believe Poille will want a veteran top-4 defenseman in return.

(If the Sens want to rid themselves of Erik Karlsson maybe PK and a prospect for Karlsson?)

Edited by Iron Crotch

Well, it doesn't sound likely, but if PK is indeed traded again, after only 1 year in Nashville, then we can start to believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way he plays and/or conducts himself, and to walk back the criticism of the Habs for unloading him before his NMC kicked in. 

Well, it doesn't sound likely, but if PK is indeed traded again, after only 1 year in Nashville, then we can start to believe that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way he plays and/or conducts himself, and to walk back the criticism of the Habs for unloading him before his NMC kicked in. 

Supposedly he and Pacioretty couldn't get along in Montreal, which was a big reason PK was moved. The same seems to have happened in Nashville with PK and someone (Arviddson? Johansen?) not able to coexist in the room.

The 2008 Blackhawks missed the playoffs with a team that included Kane 19, Toews 20, Sharp 26, Seabrook 23, Keith 24, Byfuglien 23, Ladd 22, Havlat 27, Wisniewski, 24, Bolland 21, Versteeg 22, Kjallmarsson 20, and Brouwer 22.

Nearly all those guys were rookies, bit players, or guys just starting to emerge.

At the time you could find parallels with a lot of players in today’s Sabres organization.

We don’t need to make sweeping change, just the right ones.

Edited by dudacek

Just so it's out there, both Nashville fans, who are familiar with the guy who reported that, and Bob McKenzie, said that the report is bull crap. And the fans say that that reporter is the king of bull crap. PK ain't going nowhere.

I talked to my friend who works for the team this AM. He said he was unaware of any locker room issues, although PK dating Lindey Vonn was/is a bit of a distraction (is that not public news?). He thinks the $9 million contract is the bigger issue. Poile just doesn't like hugely unbalanced payrolls. We shall see...

I talked to my friend who works for the team this AM. He said he was unaware of any locker room issues, although PK dating Lindey Vonn was/is a bit of a distraction (is that not public news?). He thinks the $9 million contract is the bigger issue. Poile just doesn't like hugely unbalanced payrolls. We shall see...

PK Subban is dating Lindsay Vaughn? :huh:

Didn't know she'd broken up w/ Tiger Woods.

You guys are slippin'. Normally, this is where we can find this hard hitting news. ;)

In other news er, unfounded rumours, Eklund is saying that the Habs and Hawks are exploring a trade involving Toews.  As we all know Eklund is garbage, I would love to know what the details of this one would be.  

I've always wondered why people post his garbage all while admitting it is garbage.  Why are you giving him the clicks?

The Predators? With Carrie Underwood married to Mike Fisher and half of country music st their games think Lindsey Vonn is a distraction??

Hockey’s No. 1 Insider, Bob McKenzie, had a Monday evening radio hit on Toronto’s TSN 1050 and spent a little time in his segment ruminating on the Canes.

“There’s one guy on the team that they’re not prepared to trade – Sebastian Aho,” indicated McKenzie. “Everybody else – everybody else – is available. Skinner, you name it… Skinner is getting moved, I would think…

“… Everybody except for Aho (is available). I think Faulk is very much in play, I think Skinner is very much in play.

NHL Playoff Gear

“Hey listen, there’s some guys – whenever they say there’s only one untouchable, obviously there’s a sliding scale of value where the price coming back the other way has to be off the charts.”

Skinner, with one year remaining on his contract, is eligible to sign an extension as early as July 1.

The forward’s cap hit is $5.725 million, and his pact includes a no-move clause in its final two seasons.

Faulk, also mentioned by McKenzie, has two more seasons remaining on his contract and that cap hit is a little over $4.8 million.

The defenseman does not have any trade protection in his deal.

Per Nichols On Hockey

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.