Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Will the Pens be able to afford Guenztal? Any chance Botteril could make a deal to bring him over here?

There's no way they get rid of him. They will pay him whatever they need to

Also....

jake-guentzel-2018-50.jpg

DZf2DXuUMAAig8C.jpg

Edited by WildCard

Will the Pens be able to afford Guenztal? Any chance Botteril could make a deal to bring him over here?

They can make space if they trade us Malkin for Reinhart+Risto and a pick!

Seriously though, I wonder if either Malkin or Crosby would be interested in a change of scenery just to mix it up before they start their downward trend. No evidence to support it, they seem to be all happy there, just wonder.  

They can make space if they trade us Malkin for Reinhart+Risto and a pick!

Seriously though, I wonder if either Malkin or Crosby would be interested in a change of scenery just to mix it up before they start their downward trend. No evidence to support it, they seem to be all happy there, just wonder.  

I would say that there is no chance whatsoever.  Crosby and Malkin probably have 5 more very good years in the tank and probably one more cup to win. No way that Malkin waives his no move clause to come to Buffalo anyway.

OK -- as I posted in the playoffs thread, I'm ready to commit to Braden Holtby as my #1 offseason target for the Sabres, with Grubauer as my fallback.

It looks like the Caps have enough cap space to keep both, but they also have a good goalie prospect in their system -- Ilya Samsonov, their #1 pick in 2015 -- and the plan reportedly is for them to bring Samsonov over from the KHL for next season. So it's fairly likely that they trade either Holtby (if they want to free up more cap space) or Grubauer.

Holtby is under contract for 2 more years at a $6.1MM cap hit. His numbers declined this year -- he was 7th in the NHL in wins, but had fairly pedestrian GAA and SV%. But over the last 3 years, he's #1 in wins, #7 in GAA and #13 in SV%. And the 2 years left on his contract means that it's not an Okposo-like enormous commitment that goes on forever.

Grubauer played 35 games this year and had better GAA and SV% than Holtby. Grubauer is cheaper and is trending up, while Holtby is expensive and trending down (although he's had a great playoffs). If Holtby is put on the market, a number of teams will be interested.

Could the Sabres get him for Nylander and their #2 pick this year? Who says no?

Utmost respect for Holtby, he's the real deal. However to me it makes little sense to pick up a guy whose a UFA before were a relevant hockey team. Rather go after a younger goalie who will grow at be reaching his potential in that timeframe.

Sabres need a goalie... that being said they have too many holes to give up a kitchen sink in a deep draft. If they can sign a stop gap UFA great. Otherwise draft another goalie in 3rd or fourth and find some some shooters. ROR is just frustrated not playing on a winning team and learning how to be a leader. He is not a natural leader, but I think its coming. Thought initial he was down on the Sabres but now think he gets depressed after realizing what could have been. Dhalin will help a lot. Like the depth on D developing.... Borgen and that Euro D they reported will sign. ? Do Sabres pick a D in second or try and go after a scorer to develop?

So is Sabres need scoring. Think after Dahlin with Pilut in fold gotta find snipers.

You're talking about a player 3 years away from the nhl. By then Bogo and possibly Scandella could be off the team. Guhle and Nelson have to pan out just to have any depth. The only defender behind Guhle is Borgen. They need scorers, defense, goaltending. The only thing they don't need is centers.

i could see Calgary being interested in taking a chance on Reinhart so if Hamilton is available some sort of multiple player deal might be possible. The idea that since we have Dahlin we don't need D is wrong imo. Taking D from a weakness to a strength is a solid idea. Why not a top 4 of Dahlin, Risto, Hamilton and Scandella. Certainly it fits Housley's system. 

i could see Calgary being interested in taking a chance on Reinhart so if Hamilton is available some sort of multiple player deal might be possible. The idea that since we have Dahlin we don't need D is wrong imo. Taking D from a weakness to a strength is a solid idea. Why not a top 4 of Dahlin, Risto, Hamilton and Scandella. Certainly it fits Housley's system. 

Would be good but not so sure id be willing to give up sam.

Would be good but not so sure id be willing to give up sam.

Yea but it would definitely take him.

I don't wanna give up Sam. I think sometime around new years he finally pulled his head out and started playing. We need a 50pt player. We need all our players. We have no depth.

I'm not opposed to this idea. I really like Sam and we need him. But we need D as well. Would love to be able to shelter Dahlin as much as possible the first half of the season. Going to be rough for Phil to do that based on the D currently on the roster.

I don't think Reinhart is enough as the main piece going to Calgary for Hamilton and if Reinhart isn't enough to be the main piece, I don't think I'd be willing to pay the price.

Hamilton is a 24 year old top pairing defenseman. They should be looking for a second pairing guy that won't cost us our best winger. Between Scandella, Dahlin, Ristolainen, Guhle, and McCabe we should be able to field a decent top 4. All it takes is one of McCabe or Guhle to be able to find chemistry with Ristolainen, assuming they pair Dahlin with Scandella.

Edited by Alkoholist

He was on TSN 690 in Montreal when he said it.

I think it could be a salary cap move as he is slotted into the second pairing at 9 Million per year for 4 more years and Ellis and Josi have 1 and 2 years remaining on their present contracts.

The Sabres would have a playoff caliber defense with Subban, Dahlin, Risto, Scandella, Guhle, McCabe, Nelson and Bogo for his 10 games.

Here is the link

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/pagnotta-pk-subban-likely-to-be-traded-out-of-nashville-1.1083767

Also Subban did say he played his best hockey under Housley

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.