Who is your favorite Sabre of all time and why?

CGorman

And how close is Barrasso from being in?

You think back and wonder if Scotty was given enough time. He actually got only a bit more time than GMTM was given, once he started cashing in his chips in the 82 draft.

Good point on Barrasso. Call it 2 HOFers and 1 borderline HOFer.

From a team-building standpoint, the failure on his part to get a franchise centreman may be telling.

That era is still confusing to me, though. I have many fond memories of it.

Great thread.

As a kid:

1.  Rico

2.  Schoeny

3.  Bert

4.  Housley

5.  Edwards

6.  Gare

7.  Barrasso

8.  Playfair

9.  Guilty pleasure honorable mention -- Mal Davis -- he was a a one-trick pony, but still the best wrist shot I have seen from a Sabre

As an adult:

1.  Lindy

2.  Drury

3.  Briere

4.  Miller

5.  McKee

6.  Connolly -- just the 2005-'06 season, which was the best Sabre redemption story of all time and in which his play was a thing of beauty

7.  Guilty pleasure -- Max

Dave Andreychuk growing up for me.  Shooting up against our metal garage door (drove my Dad nuts) while doing the commentary in my head - pretending I was him.  

Great memories to recall as I type this.  

Zinger was a similar-name thing and he was a fast, unsung, tweener second/third line guy who killed penalties (like me). I'm still a little disappointed that instead of that clean draw leading to a Patrick goal and forcing a game seven, he is instead remembered for losing track of the best goal scorers in the history of the game. It's a game of millimeters.

Sounds good! Cheers to Holzinger!

Dave Andreychuk.

The real 1st player I truly followed as a kid. Had the pleasure of meeting him in 1996 when I interned with the Devils. I was star struck and he is a classy guy all the way.

And he got run out of town by fans and media. Sad, I think. He had some tough luck in the playoffs but was such a talented player. He was the perfect compliment to LaFontan and Mogilney

Perreault. He was the first superstar we had and made an impression on a 6 yo fan. Korab was also a fave. Molginy was simply otherworldly at times and Hasek was the best ever at his position imho.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.