Holy Mackerel! Sabres Win Dahlin Lottery!

Randall Flagg

Fixed.

Psshhh.

I can’t always avoid retweets and such. It’s like blocking someone here, but others quote them.

Even based on that chinless derp’s “high” standards, it was remarkable trollogy

Big ole "meh" to karma. But it is somewhat gratifying to the anti-tankers to see success at the lottery when the season wasn't being tossed into Davy Jones locker on purpose.

I guess?

It is beyond asinine to suggest, as he clearly did, that “losing the right way” paved a path toward the #1 pick.

I haven't seen one Dahlin highlight, and I don't think I'm going to start now. I want to see it in the NHL. Been burned too many times. Since we're apparently not going to have a spring, maybe we can skip summer and go right to October.

Did your doctor ever call back?

Yeah. I dunno. Someone on GR said that this morning -- well, he said this was the lottery to win over even the McDavid lottery. That's fairly insane, IMHO.

Because losing the McDavid lottery still got us a franchise centre.

I think the gap between Dahlin and Ekblad will be bigger than that of McDavid and Eichel. Certainly an arguable position, but I’d certainly argue not insane.

Because losing the McDavid lottery still got us a franchise centre.

I think the gap between Dahlin and Ekblad will be bigger than that of McDavid and Eichel. Certainly an arguable position, but I’d certainly argue not insane.

I'm with PA, Mcdavid is in a league of his own. I see where your coming from though and it makes sense. But McDavid>anyone

It's a day and a half later and I still can't believe it.

Yep. I over rate Sabres prospects but from other analysts I've heard 'Connor mcdavid of defensemen', 'best d prospect to come out since perhaps Denis potvin.'. Christ that was pushing 50 years ago.

Due to my age I wasn't able to watch potvin. How did his career end up going?

Yep. I over rate Sabres prospects but from other analysts I've heard 'Connor mcdavid of defensemen', 'best d prospect to come out since perhaps Denis potvin.'. Christ that was pushing 50 years ago.

According to Rangers fans, he sucks.

Completely agree and I must admit I need a healthy helping of crow.

I have been extremely critical of the lottery and always suggesting it is rigged. Based on our results it was easy to come to that conclusion. But if this was rigged there is no chance Montreal finishes 3 and the Sabres 1 so I am fully happy to admit I was wrong.

It really cannot be understated how big this was for the Sabres. This changes the game completely.

Edited by (E5)

The user name is back! Alsooooo, are we sure we're picking Dahlin.... I mean, because buffalo.

Feels good to be back :beer:

Same. And I've already run out of Dahlin material to digest. All I'm doing now is restraining myself from the 30 different threads I want to make. Gotta save some juice for the summer

Cornerstone Defenseman for their 4 Stanley Cups, so it went OK

Potvin was one of the best all time.  I'd put him in the top 5 all time.  So, he was pretty good, eh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.