Are the Buffalo Bills the Dumbest Franchise in Sports?

WildCard

Yes  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

• Yes
    • The Browns Still Exist
    • I'm drunk

They cited that it snowed when they visited him, in addition to their points about wind and rainy games. 

Southern California kids Brady and Rodgers seem to be doing fine in their respective weather cities, because they're good at qb. 

Also, Allen is from California too. 

But anyway, this is just another example in the long line of the old school check list, size, arm strength, grit, roll-out abilities, ability to execute the plays we give him to be able to succeed, mentality clashing with a more modern emphasis on pocket awareness, progressions, and creativity when your structure breaks down and impossible-to-plan-for things happen. Ideally, your QB has all of these traits. But one group will consistently draft Russell, Allen, Leaf, Boller, Losman (and fail) and also draft Favre, McNabb, Flacco, and guys like that. The other group will take Manning over Leaf, and prefer Matt Ryan to Brett Favre, and fail on guys whose names we usually forget because they don't generate a lot of mainstream media fanfare. 

It's obvious which way I lean, but like all things, how staunchly the two sides represent themselves and see the other doesn't necessarily reflect accuracy of success rate. Like it or not, we're tied into Allen, and it isn't the most absurd selection on the face of the planet. We all knew it was a legitimate possibility. We just need to see how it all plays out, and hope like hell they get it worked out. 

I've got almost all of my frustration out now. Even as the old-school mentality goes, Allen is hard to like, because of how well correlated his bad tape is to his bad numbers. But he's that classic old school guy, and could be teachable. You settle his feet down, you see his accuracy improve, and those isolated moments of raw talent become more frequent and are less-often punctuated with baffling throws and decisions. But you have committed to a massive project and need to be all in on him for the time being, and it is going to take a lot of work. 

And of course, we'll all be here watching whenever it starts, as I'm not sure he's NFL ready in September.

Edited by Randall Flagg

They cited that it snowed when they visited him, in addition to their points about wind and rainy games. 

Southern California kids Brady and Rodgers seem to be doing fine in their respective weather cities, because they're good at qb. 

But anyway, this is just another example in the long line of the old school check list, size, arm strength, grit, roll-out abilities, ability to execute the plays we give him to be able to succeed, mentality clashing with a more modern emphasis on pocket awareness, progressions, and creativity when your structure breaks down and impossible-to-plan-for things happen. Ideally, your QB has all of these traits. But one group will consistently draft Russell, Allen, Leaf, Boller, Losman (and fail) and also draft Favre, McNabb, Flacco, and guys like that. The other group will take Manning over Leaf, and prefer Matt Ryan to Brett Favre, and fail on guys whose names we usually forget because they don't generate a lot of mainstream media fanfare. 

It's obvious which way I lean, but like all things, how staunchly the two sides represent themselves and see the other doesn't necessarily reflect accuracy of success rate. Like it or not, we're tied into Allen, and it isn't the most absurd selection on the face of the planet. We all knew it was a legitimate possibility. We just need to see how it all plays out, and hope like hell they get it worked out. 

I've got almost all of my frustration out now. Even as the old-school mentality goes, Allen is hard to like, because of how well correlated his bad tape is to his bad numbers. But he's that classic old school guy, and could be teachable. You settle his feet down, you see his accuracy improve, and those isolated moments of raw talent become more frequent and are less-often punctuated with baffling throws and decisions. But you have committed to a massive project and need to be all in on him for the time being, and it is going to take a lot of work. 

And of course, we'll all be here watching whenever it starts, as I'm not sure he's NFL ready in September.

Not sure Rosen could handle the wind in Buffalo... that being said, no way Allen is ready next year.  Another year down the drain... oh well... here is to patience...

Good post Flagg.    It will be interesting to see how well he does in camp and if they bring in anybody to tutor him.   The lack of a seasoned veteran on the roster is a big concern. 

Let me get this straight... You're posting on the forum of a team that finished dead last in the NHL 3 of the past 5 seasons that our OTHER team, which made the playoffs last year (and has its own forum) is the dumbest franchise in sports?

Edited by Iron Crotch

It all starts at the top with the GM and more importantly with the scouts, same goes for the Sabres as well. Then you wonder why both teams have had issues.

Look higher.  The common denominator is higher on the org chart.

Neither Brady or Rodgers is from Southern California. 

Let me get this straight... You're posting on the forum of a team that finished dead last in the NHL 3 of the past 5 seasons that our OTHER team, which made the playoffs last year (and has its own forum) is the dumbest franchise in sports?

That really only highlights just how dumb the Bills are

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.