2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 2

WildCard

But you're right:  Everyone's better than Doc and Pierre.

"and Pierre" is the operative qualifier. I was listening to Doc last night during long stretches of play by play and, to use one of his words, he's just remarkable. Especially at his age. He's only a few years younger than Rick, and he still actually knows who has the puck at all times.

"and Pierre" is the operative qualifier. I was listening to Doc last night during long stretches of play by play and, to use one of his words, he's just remarkable. Especially at his age. He's only a few years younger than Rick, and he still actually knows who has the puck at all times.

You are absolutely correct. The problem with Doc, though, is that there are often long stretches when he doesn't do play by play.

Last night was the first home loss for the Jets since February 27th. They've won 13 straight there.

All the more reason this playoff format is garbage. Winnipeg had the SECOND highest point total in the league, and no doesn't get home ice advantage in the 2nd round? Let alone they have to play the only other team to have more points than them, in the 2nd round. Ridiculous 

Edited by WildCard

These playoffs, oh my. Has anyone seen anything like it? For all the grief we give the league and Bettman, they have to be given a nod. Just fantastic. And it makes you all the madder at those who've reduced us to feeling like fans of an ECHL team watching these playoffs.

You are absolutely correct. The problem with Doc, though, is that there are often long stretches when he doesn't do play by play.

And it's maddening. Happens less in the postseason, no?

I need to say the officiating has been inconsistent and terrible in every game I watched

Also F the Bruins

In the Boston series I believe Tampa has been the beneficiary of Marchant Antics.

Can't have a player on a team be that big of a cheap shot low life and not expect the human nature of refs to be more positive to the other team. We saw the same with Kaleta.

Quote?

To reporter after a moment of befuddlement after being asked about Marchand's licking of Callahan: "How would you feel if I walked over there right now and just gave you one big lick right from the chin all the way up?"

Pens up 1-zip 2.5 minutes into the first

Big time back & forth game...3-2 Pittsburgh. Someone stop them...PLEASE.

And for the record, Doc Emrick is still the best play-by-play man in the game. As much as I love RJ, Doc will always hold a special place in my heart.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

All this talk about how good Rinne is too damn funny, guy hasn’t won ###### and is overrated.

I think he is.

The only decent game he has played this series is the 4th.

The other games he.has been sub-par.

Jets in 6!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.