OT: Hotel in NYC

WildCard

Sorry for the separate thread, but I'm trying to book a hotel in NYC for a weekend and need some advice. Staying there from June 8th-10th, 5 guys in their 20s (i.e. doesn't need to be the Ritz), and we're going to Yankee Stadium and Citi Field in the same day, so we're looking for where to stay relative to those.

Anyone have any advice? Really the location (Queens, Chelsea, etc.) is the biggest question. Never been to NYC, so we don't know where is best to get to those stadiums fastest 

I would try Queens. I would look for a hotel near the 7 line, which would be a direct train to Citi Field. Queens is less of a tourist destination than Manhattan, so prices ought to be less. Each 7 stop is a different immigrant community, so you can get real Asian, African, etc food without traveling like Woody.

The train to the Bronx will be a couple trains, but it won't be bad. You take a train into Manhattan then get a 4 train up into the Bronx.

You will likely want to walk around Manhattan, but I think it's a better choice to be out in Queens if baseball is your motivation for travel.

GF grew up in Queens.  She says that you shouldn't stay too close to Citi Field or in the Corona neighborhood in which it is located.  She suggests Forest Hills, on Queens Boulevard (which actually has lots to do based on my experience).  Best Western Plus near LGA and the Wyndham Garden are her suggestions.

I suggest that you PM nfreeman and see if you can crash on his couch ...  ;)

Brooklyn is a pretty good location to jump off from.

Do you mean the bridge?

GF grew up in Queens.  She says that you shouldn't stay too close to Citi Field or in the Corona neighborhood in which it is located.  She suggests Forest Hills, on Queens Boulevard (which actually has lots to do based on my experience).  Best Western Plus near LGA and the Wyndham Garden are her suggestions.

Do you mean the bridge?

I think it's all closed off now, so no.  Not that I would ever recommend such a thing.

Great advice, thanks guys!

We decided to go with Queens, not sure the exact area yet but gonna heed your advice on the traveling situation. Wondering now if a hotel or an Air B&B is the better option. Not sure how reliable the latter is in NYC

Edited by Jokertecken

We decided to go with Queens, not sure the exact area yet but gonna heed your advice on the traveling situation. Wondering now if a hotel or an Air B&B is the better option. Not sure how reliable the latter is in NYC

If you're staying in Queens make sure you have a side-quest of food destinations to check out. Queens has, hands-down, some of the best regional foods in the country as it has sizable immigrant populations from pretty much everywhere and the food is ###### amazing and it's hard to find anything that compares anywhere else.

Edited by Mustasch av gud

If you're staying in Queens make sure you have a side-quest of food destinations to check out. Queens has, hands-down, some of the best regional foods in the country as it has sizable immigrant populations from pretty much everywhere and the food is ###### amazing and it's hard to find anything that compares anywhere else.

In Queens, you can probably nail it down to a specific clan of a specific country.  There is AMAZING food from other places there.

Airbnb or similar is the best option. You will get ###### hotels for prices you can find a nice, private efficiency for.

Brooklyn is not a good option for getting to either Citi Field or Yankee Stadium

if you get something close to the 7 train between Manhattan and Citi Field (Woodside or Jackson Heights), you'll be in great shape and have cool neighborhoods to explore

Edited by erickompositör72

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.