Tailored Suits in Buffalo

darksabre

I would check out Get Dressed on Elmwood. I know the owner, great guy and he has a wide range of pricing in line, I think, with what you're looking for. He is an old-school clothier who will do the measurements and free tailoring to boot. He has great connections in NYC and buys his stuff in the Garment District....b/c his is a small shop, you're not paying for overhead. His pricing is very fair and quality very good relative to price  - I have bought alot from him over the years.

http://getdressedbuffalo.com/

This is an excellent call.  Because of the business model, he'll have different things in different sizes on different days, but he carries quality merchandise, is very reasonably priced, and can do at least some of the tailoring in house. 

I would check out Get Dressed on Elmwood. I know the owner, great guy and he has a wide range of pricing in line, I think, with what you're looking for. He is an old-school clothier who will do the measurements and free tailoring to boot. He has great connections in NYC and buys his stuff in the Garment District....b/c his is a small shop, you're not paying for overhead. His pricing is very fair and quality very good relative to price  - I have bought alot from him over the years.

http://getdressedbuffalo.com/

I've walked past that place before, I should stop in. If I have a choice I'd rather pay a local place 500 bucks than a chain 400. I really need one decent suit where the arms actually go down far enough.

The internet notes that they are cash only, but that is not an issue for me if the price is right. 

The price is going to be right.  The question is whether he'll have what you're looking for on the given day you stop in.  

Edited by Eleven

Stay away from Men's Warehouse - bought a 3 piece tailored suit there 3 years ago for a wedding - fits like crap.   Shoulder's sagged between neck and pads - bah!!!! 

I have an off the rack Levi suit I bought at Peebles for 1/5th the price that fits me better.   No shoulder sag either. 

Aye. Maybe I'll stop in tomorrow after work, they're open later on Thursdays.

Let us know what you think. I'm intrigued both by the local shop aspect and the better quality than the crap I have gotten from Men's Warehouse. As a burgeoning finance professional, I needed suits but now I am seeing the difference in quality and am considering upgrading.

As I don't need to wear suits daily for work, I'm not sure I can justify the price point that Eleven was talking to, but it needs to be better than the cheap ill-fitting stuff I settled for previously.

I also have a unique fit (tall, long arms, narrow torso/waist) that could be much better served by a tailored experience.

I need the dorito cut. Wide shoulders narrow waist. Suit vests in particular are awful for that. Looks like I'm wearing a plastic bag. At least a 42 regular or long is roughly close.

Don't get me started on pants. Who's ass goes from the butt to the knee? And who wants the crotch to be either short tight like underwear or so lose you look like a clown

Yeh used to be a 42 extra long Europen cut, now at 53 44 extra long still euro cut though not as much and pants changed to more but still 34 inseem but need more in the butt, non of my old suits fit. Hoping my son can wear them but doubt it cause he will be talker in about a year. Gonna be in Buffalo in late june anyone need suits 42/43 long with 33 long waists? Have probably 6 or 7 of them still in good condition from my DC days.

Edited by North Buffalo

Yeh used to be a 42 extra long Europen cut, now at 53 44 extra long still euro cut though not as much and pants changed to more but still 34 inseem but need more in the butt, non of my old suits fit. Hoping my son can wear them but doubt it cause he will be talker in about a year. Gonna be in Buffalo in late june anyone need suits 42/43 long with 33 long waists? Have probably 6 or 7 of them still in good condition from my DC days.

That might be exactly my measurements (or close enough where it would be worth it). I might be interested in your offer if you still remember in June :)

So I think my plan is to kick some tires and see what I feel the best about. Riverside and Jos A Bank tonight. Get Dressed tomorrow night. Then perhaps the New York Store and Chayban on Saturday if I'm still not feeling any of the other 3. I'll keep you all posted on where I land. 

The price is going to be right.  The question is whether he'll have what you're looking for on the given day you stop in.  

2 other benefits: supporting an independent local business, & getting very personalized, knowledgeable service you won't find buying off the rack or at a chain store.....a definite value-add. If he doesn't have exactly what you are looking for, he is always getting new stuff in and can tell you exactly what & when he is getting. He almost always seems to have something unique I have never seen before.

If you are willing to travel east, Charles Men's Shop in Batavia is another place offering tailored suits.  They are a full service shop.  I'm not sure they fit in your $400 budget, but the quality is high.

And a few storefronts down from them is their sister store, Batavia Bootery.  Very, very nice shoe selection.

That might be exactly my measurements (or close enough where it would be worth it). I might be interested in your offer if you still remember in June :)

Sorry late may but yeh ill take them off my storage rack and bring them will let you know sorry sleep deprived while doing a double

Going with Riverside. Got a Ralph Lauren coming in next week and their April sale is $100 off. Tailoring free and in house. $357 total for a nice suit that I should have just in time for the first wedding on the 5th since only the pants are going to need alteration.

Did you already go in? How were they?

I liked them. Nice place, not too overpriced. Very friendly service. They had what I was looking for. I was going to shop around but I figured I probably wouldn't be able to do any better anywhere else.

I really like that they do the tailoring in house.

They're going to call me when the suit comes in so I can get the pants measured and altered. I'm wearing a 42L jacket but need the width in the thigh of a 38 pant which doesn't come with the 42 jacket, so we had to order that combo.

Going with Riverside. Got a Ralph Lauren coming in next week and their April sale is $100 off. Tailoring free and in house. $357 total for a nice suit that I should have just in time for the first wedding on the 5th since only the pants are going to need alteration.

:thumbsup:

Nice.

I liked them. Nice place, not too overpriced. Very friendly service. They had what I was looking for. I was going to shop around but I figured I probably wouldn't be able to do any better anywhere else.

I really like that they do the tailoring in house.

They're going to call me when the suit comes in so I can get the pants measured and altered. I'm wearing a 42L jacket but need the width in the thigh of a 38 pant which doesn't come with the 42 jacket, so we had to order that combo.

Glad it worked out for you !

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.