Reinhart and O'Reilly, compliments

LGR4GM

The only argument against keeping them together is Sam's chemistry with Jack but it seems as his play with ROR may have surpassed his effectiveness with Jack.

In a perfect world, all I would do is add to this team. Now if Karlsson wants to come here, all bets are off.

These two players compliment each other well. Discuss why we should keep both on this team and on the same line.

Well besides complimenting each other from time to time ... '

"No, Ryan, you're the greatest!"

"Oh come now, Sam, you're a star in waiting!"

I do believe they are a good complement for each other and I agree with Ink. Let's focus on adding to the team for the moment. I'm actually just glad there's something positive to be said here.  

How about Vanek on their LW. He skates like they do and would be a great finisher for their passes.

Botterill has already stated that he's looking to add speed. Yes, Vanek would be a benefit on the PP for either Jack or ROR, however at the same time this team needs to add youth and speed to the line up.  If Vanek comes in on a one year deal, great.  If he's looking for more than that, pass. 

Would rather have Vanek on Eichel's LW. (Assuming Mittelstadt plays C.)

If ever there was a year to bring back Vanek, this might be it.

JBott indicated that his preference is to put Casey in the middle right away.  I don't mind that strategy, but we really need to upgrade our wings to make it a workable experience for the kid.  Adding Vanek to KO and Sam makes alot of sense.  It will at least get us back to where we were before we moved Kane, and I'd call that the bare minimum.  We need winger depth to put Casey in a position to succeed.

If ever there was a year to bring back Vanek, this might be it.

JBott indicated that his preference is to put Casey in the middle right away.  I don't mind that strategy, but we really need to upgrade our wings to make it a workable experience for the kid.  Adding Vanek to KO and Sam makes alot of sense.  It will at least get us back to where we were before we moved Kane, and I'd call that the bare minimum.  We need winger depth to put Casey in a position to succeed.

Wow we agree! Interesting.

It will be really interesting to see how Jbot completes the forward group next year. I’m assuming Casey, Jack, Sam, KO, ERod and ROR. I’m also assuming he moves on from all the UFA forwards plus Larsson and Girgensons.

That leaves 6/7 slots for Wilson, Pommers, Bailey, Smith, Baptiste, O’Regan, Nylander, and Fasching, plus new guys such Olofsson, whomever we draft in the top 4, the kid from ND and UFA signings to compete for. It’s going to be a very interesting camp. For all the guys in Rochester, they better play great in the playoffs if they want a leg up for next year.

How do we feel about ROR's beard? 

r172231_600x400_3-2.jpg

Not quite Burns like, but a solid effort.  Reminds me of some old photos of our very own darksabre.

Built for the playoffs; physical and finesse.

I can imagine what he will look like if the Sabres ever make the playoffs and ROR is not a grandfather sitting in his rocking chair.

Edited by N S

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.