Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?

PASabreFan

Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Terry sell the Sabres?

• Yes, you've run it into the ground. If you love it, let it go.
    • No, your fandom and wealth will carry the day. Hang in there.
    • Ask me again in 12 months or so.

For my own part, I didn't vote because I was not on board with the extra language associated with "no" (which I viewed as editorial content, not fluff).

You viewed it as it was intended.

ok I don't post that often but had to on this. WHY would you want him to sell. He loves Buffalo, never have to worry about him moving the team, has deep pockets and isn't cheap, and will go get guys if the gm recommends it. Blaming the recent failure on the owner is completely wrong except for the fact he let Pat L hire GMTM. The owner has done everything in his power to make this a winning franchise. Has just been sold on the wrong guys to do it with. Blaming the owner is just stupid

Amen.

ok I don't post that often but had to on this. WHY would you want him to sell. He loves Buffalo, never have to worry about him moving the team, has deep pockets and isn't cheap, and will go get guys if the gm recommends it. Blaming the recent failure on the owner is completely wrong except for the fact he let Pat L hire GMTM. The owner has done everything in his power to make this a winning franchise. Has just been sold on the wrong guys to do it with. Blaming the owner is just stupid

Hey! Welcome! Please post more.

I generally agree with your take. That said, Terry Pegula's made several mistakes as the owner of the Sabres. But he hasn't been shy about trying to correct those mistakes. Here's hoping JBOT's the guy to lead us out of the wilderness.

Hey! Welcome! Please post more.

I generally agree with your take. That said, Terry Pegula's made several mistakes as the owner of the Sabres. But he hasn't been shy about trying to correct those mistakes. Here's hoping JBOT's the guy to lead us out of the wilderness.

Thanks I will definitely try to get on more!

He has made several mistakes I agree. Hes a Newer owner. I don't think anyone on this board can say that he hasn't done everything in his power to bring a championship here. Unfortunately hes paid a lot of money to some of the wrong Gm, coaches, and players. Watching this team this year was embarrassing as a fan base. These players just wouldn't listen to coaching and just flat out didn't care and it showed. I don't think Pegulas are happy where this team is at right now and I think we see a lot of players heads roll this offseason for it. Im not a huge housley supporter but I think he got a raw deal this year

Edited by wsam4031

Thanks I will definitely try to get on more!

He has made several mistakes I agree. Hes a rookie owner. I don't think anyone on this board can say that he hasn't done everything in his power to bring a championship here. Unfortunately hes paid a lot of money to some of the wrong Gm, coaches, and players. Watching this team this year was embarrassing as a fan base. These players just wouldn't listen to coaching and just flat out didn't care and it showed. I don't think Pegulas are happy where this team is at right now and I think we see a lot of players heads roll this offseason for it. Im not a huge housley supporter but I think he got a raw deal this year

Welcome.

Yep, rookie owners (w/out a significant background in the sport) rarely get it right early in their tenure.

Heck, even Mike Illitch who got the important spot right (hiring Jim Devellano) messed around w/ the iconic unis. ;)

1.  It doesn't look like very many people agree with you at all.

2.  Your "fluff language" so-called explanation is disingenuous.  You're better than this...anyway, I'm done w/ it for the day.

1. Seven is about six more than I expected.

2. I'll look forward to more insight over the weekend.

Im Curious to see wha the 7 people who said yes sell have to say ?

And the nine who are on the fence.

He can't move the team, thanks to Tom Golisano.

Wasn't long ago there was real threat of this team being moved until terry came along. Now you have good solid ownership who has sunk a ton of his money into the team and you wish to blame him for the team losing? That seems rather strange to be honest. Maybe a new owner would immediately wish to move the team. Can't see how that proves anything. be thankful the team has a owner very much invested in trying to make the team a winner. He has hired supposedly very good hockey people to run the team and it was their failures, not Terry's that have cost this team year after year.  

Edited by Sabre fan

For my own part, I didn't vote because I was not on board with the extra language associated with "no" (which I viewed as editorial content, not fluff).

Don't you think the fact he's a fan and has a lot of money is, objectively speaking, a good case for his continuing to own the team?

I still don't get it.

Wasn't long ago there was real threat of this team being moved until terry came along. Now you have good solid ownership who has sunk a ton of his money into the team and you wish to blame him for the team losing? That seems rather strange to be honest. Maybe a new owner would immediately wish to move the team. Can't see how that proves anything. be thankful the team has a owner very much invested in trying to make the team a winner. He has hired supposedly very good hockey people to run the team and it was their failures, not Terry's that have cost this team year after year.  

No. The threat of the team leaving ended when Tom Golisano bought the team.

If Terry were a player, he'd have been run out of town on a rail long before now.

The logic of supporting Pegula depends on another owner assuredly moving the team,  and/or that another owner couldn't do any better with this team than Pegula has, turning it into basically a basement dweller, after 7 1/2 years. 

I don't buy either one.   Apparently the only positive to Pegula is that he hasn't moved this team.    Well, in fact he has moved the team.... into the sewer.  It's the joke of the NHL now.  

The logic of supporting Pegula depends on another owner assuredly moving the team,  and/or that another owner couldn't do any better with this team than Pegula has, turning it into basically a basement dweller, after 7 1/2 years. 

I don't buy either one.   Apparently the only positive to Pegula is that he hasn't moved this team.    Well, in fact he has moved the team.... into the sewer.  It's the joke of the NHL now.  

Well said.

As ###### as we are, having a local team to cheer for, B*itch about, and fight over in SS, is still better than the alternative of not having a team.

True. Thanks, Tom. And Gary.

As ###### as we are, having a local team to cheer for, B*itch about, and fight over in SS, is still better than the alternative of not having a team.

This has that sweet smell of truth.

Mr. Pegula could not move the team, even if he wanted to, if I recall the purchase agreement correctly.

Well said.

True. Thanks, Tom. And Gary.

Yes.  Thank you Gary, prior to Tom.  And thank you Tom for putting that anti-movement clause in your sale agreement to Mr. Pegula and going forward.  I believe their is a covenant attached to the team that it cannot be moved if / when it is ever sold.

I believe the word you were looking for, was motherPUCKer.

Fair deuce.

I’m harkening to some old theatre vocal warmups:

“I am a mother pheasant plucker. I pluck mother pheasants. I am the pleasantest mother pheasant plucker that ever plucked a mother pheasant.”

Actually, it's likely Larry Quinn who deserves thanks for dragging golisano to a payday.

This has that sweet smell of truth.

Mr. Pegula could not move the team, even if he wanted to, if I recall the purchase agreement correctly.

Yes. Thank you Gary, prior to Tom. And thank you Tom for putting that anti-movement clause in your sale agreement to Mr. Pegula and going forward. I believe their is a covenant attached to the team that it cannot be moved if / when it is ever sold.

I'd love to know the profitability of the Sabres.   The franchise value has more than doubled since Pegula took over - $173 million in 2011 to $350 million in 2017.   Revenue went from $81 million in the last pre-Pegula year, to $120 million thru 2016-17, nearly 50% increase. 

Both far outpace inflationary gains.   Only in the topsy-turvy world of sports can a new owner come aboard,  diminish the product quality substantially,  and yet come away seeing a $180 million increase in company value.     

Financially, looks like a huge win for Pegula's wallet, and a big loss for actual fans of the team. 

I'd love to know the profitability of the Sabres. The franchise value has more than doubled since Pegula took over - $173 million in 2011 to $350 million in 2017. Revenue went from $81 million in the last pre-Pegula year, to $120 million thru 2016-17, nearly 50% increase.

Both far outpace inflationary gains. Only in the topsy-turvy world of sports can a new owner come aboard, diminish the product quality substantially, and yet come away seeing a $180 million increase in company value.

Wait, you begin with "I'd like to know" then went on telling us that you do know? I'm confused that for someone so specific can not know.

Financially, looks like a huge win for Pegula's wallet, and a big loss for actual fans of the team.

So you would love to know but apparently do know because you've shared so many "facts" about something you'd love to know???? Edited by Radar

One of the great final scenes in cinematic history (I say). Red's hat blowing off was some movie magic right thurr.

So you would love to know but apparently do know because you've shared so many "facts" about something you'd love to know????

In his defense, he's looking for profitability, so we'd also need to know expenditures. And as far as I know, they're not letting just anyone peek into the books. (The real set and the one NS creates for them.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.