2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Stress free for me already. Anything can happen next year but leaf media aleady turning on them. Here’s first article from the star

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/opinion/2018/04/25/leafs-find-new-ways-to-blow-game-7-in-boston.html

Kinda figured this would happen if they didn't make it past the 1st again. The feel good run in Toronto has ended. The expectations are to win now

Is telling someone they need to go away making fun of the leaves? No

Because millbank told him to stop acting like a regular fan

Kinda figured this would happen if they didn't make it past the 1st again. The feel good run in Toronto has ended. The expectations are to win now

Because millbank told him to stop acting like a regular fan

While I agree that Matthews didn't do well, and it's awesome for us to see that, I'm not a fan of telling others to leave when they've been here for a while, that's fair. And really, how often do I stick my nose in this stuff?

While I agree that Matthews didn't do well, and it's awesome for us to see that, I'm not a fan of telling others to leave when they've been here for a while, that's fair. And really, how often do I stick my nose in this stuff?

Not often, for sure. I just think it's kinda ridiculous that we can't make fun of the Leafs, on a Sabres forum, without getting some ###### for it; when we do get ###### for it, we're not eve allowed to talk it back. And this is coming from a guy that has millbank on ignore because I did this dance already 2 years ago

He can stay all he wants, I really don't care. I'm still going to hate the Leafs and openly root for them to fail at every possible turn. And yes that includes Kadri falling down every flight of stairs he finds and Matthews putting up 0-0-0 across the board

Edited by Jokertecken

Not often, for sure. I just think it's kinda ridiculous that we can't make fun of the Leafs, on a Sabres forum, without getting some ###### for it; when we do get ###### for it, we're not eve allowed to talk it back. And this is coming from a guy that has millbank on ignore because I did this dance already 2 years ago

Make fun of the Leafs, go for it, we don't like the Leafs around here, Matthews choked, and Gardiner choked and it's no secret there has been a giant rivalry there. I've seen this dance too, I've seen many come and go that have cheered for 2 teams. It's not the norm and it's hard to understand (sabresbillsfan) but he moved to Vegas and I get it. Rip on the teams, don't make it personal (and I'll admit True coulda been worse) but that's how it escalates quick

With respect let the argument go . I am well aware life not about me . I can take what any of you give me. I seldom will reply in kind though. The hate is entirely one sided . Please do put me on ignore those who find me rude , uncivil , or unkind. There are many here I consider friends , as there are many who make it difficult to still support the Sabres . In my part enough said . I have zero interest in any bad feelings . I do think many of you have lost this in the scheme of life just a game.

With respect let the argument go . I am well aware life not about me . I can take what any of you give me. I seldom will reply in kind though. The hate is entirely one sided . Please do put me on ignore those who find me rude , uncivil , or unkind. There are many here I consider friends , as there are many who make it difficult to still support the Sabres . In my part enough said . I have zero interest in any bad feelings . I do think many of you have lost this in the scheme of life just a game.

You'll have to forgive us our bitterness. The team we love has made it difficult for us to enjoy the game we love.

True barely said anything. I'm with Wildcard on this. This is a Sabres forum after all and the leafs are a pretty big, hated rival. Should also mention Millbank is a rare leaf fan that has been respectful with his posts. Just seems strange reading a Jets fan wishing a leafs fan good luck prior to Game 7 on our forum. I deal with leaf all day everyday in these parts, don't take away my sanctuary.

Every 3-4 months, we get a bunch of Sh*t heads that pile up on Millbank, he's always been civil, leave him be

All True did was make fun of the Leafs

Yea there is a difference between piling on Millbank and laughing at the great Savior Auston Matthews failing in the playoffs. I heard a draft broadcast the other day talking about how good Dahlin is and comparing him to the past with Matthews and McDavid. Matthews is on Eichel's level, not Connor's. Matthews had 2 points in 7 high scoring playoff games. He sucked. 

And you need to go away. The Leafs forums are thatta way.

Totally uncalled for.  He raised a perfectly good point.  Matthews is only 20.  Don't be an ass about things.  I am pretty sure the counter-argument to your point is Eichel can't get his team in the playoffs, so at least Matthews was there.  There's no need for this crap.

He can stay all he wants, I really don't care. I'm still going to hate the Leafs and openly root for them to fail at every possible turn. And yes that includes Kadri falling down every flight of stairs he finds and Matthews putting up 0-0-0 across the board

You aren't making fun of the Leafs when you tell someone to get lost.  Make fun of the Leafs, we all do it.  Rooting for a team to fail is not the same as telling someone to get out of here and not be part of the give and take in what should be a light-hearted battle of fans.  If you feel so strongly against the Leafs that you want to tell a single person, who has represented himself quite well, to get lost then you've lost sight of what this is about and more importantly what life is about. 

Damn right.  You know what I am dealing with today?  A message written on our HS bathroom wall yesterday that something bad was going to happen at our HS on 4/27.  

At this point I couldn't care less about the Leafs or the Bruins because in today's life that kind of threat carries the potential for media vans to be swooping in on my little town this weekend.  All of this crap starts because we don't WANT to act civilly towards each other.  It's all either "I don't care what you think, I am going to be me." or "I don't like what you think, you shouldn't be here."  The truth is the answer lies in between.  The two scenarios described above are the opposite, extreme ends, of the spectrum. 

Get along, have a little bit of fun, we're all going to die soon.  A friend of mine wished his daughter well as she left the house the other day... 12 minutes after leaving he received a phone call that she was in a serious accident.  Thankfully the car was  only thing seriously damaged.  This is the life we lead... we should have a lot more respect for it and the lives of others.

I'm sorry but now we can't talk about Politics or Auston Matthews sucking in the playoffs? really?

No, that is NOT what people are saying. Rip all you want on Matthews showing that the player he most wants to emulate is Joe Thornton. Heck, rip on Freddie Anderson going back to looking like the guy we saw at the 1st meet up. :)

But, pause for a moment before hitting send when telling people that have been good posters for many years to go away. There is an ignore button for a reason & people can be taken off ignore easily. It's tougher to get to hear from people that have been driven away.

This board's activity level is already nearly non-existent. Do we really have to actively attempt to reduce it further?

Oh, I wouldn't tell Millbank to leave. He doesn't really bother me at all. 

I think the activity is down because they have sucked for 6 years.

The activity is down because the Sabres are a train wreck.

But the discussion was about asking posters to not post here. Not about busting on the Loafs not rising to the occassion. Glad you appreciate Millbank; he's about the only poster here older than PA. Somebody has to save him from that distinction. ;)

This may be redundant, but it's such an amazing stat if you haven't heard it that it's worth repeating - It took 21 games before another team scored while that line was on the ice when they were put together earlier this season.

That's pretty amazing.

Oh lord, how could this be blowing up? He barely said anything.

Agree there are more important things in life than sport.

It blows up because when someone suggests that telling someone to get lost might not be a great course of action people begin to rise up in opposition.  Call it the Zach de la Rocha maxim.... "F you I won't do what you tell me."

I'm sorry but now we can't talk about Politics or Auston Matthews sucking in the playoffs? really? 

No one said you can't talk about Matthews sucking in the playoffs.  Really.

This may be redundant, but it's such an amazing stat if you haven't heard it that it's worth repeating - It took 21 games before another team scored while that line was on the ice when they were put together earlier this season.

What was the Bruins top line? Bergeron and who...

Great game last night.

Millbank is the only civil Toronto fan I have ever met(is a forum a meeting place ?). Not saying there couldn't be 1 more out there some where, I have my doubts, so I figure that Millsie is 1 in 5 million. He can stay.

Go Tampa!