2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Swept up in the Guentzel outburst and the criminally disrespectful Philly fans was an incredible performance by Couturier.

You’ll recall that Gudas tore Couturier’s MCL in that practice collision. Sean played through it to score a hat trick and 2 helpers today. Played into all 5 Philly goals. Pretty gritty stuff.

Swept up in the Guentzel outburst and the criminally disrespectful Philly fans was an incredible performance by Couturier.

You’ll recall that Gudas tore Couturier’s MCL in that practice collision. Sean played through it to score a hat trick and 2 helpers today. Played into all 5 Philly goals. Pretty gritty stuff.

Was very unhappy when Filly traded up into a spot to draft him. He was awesome at the WJC's that year.

Philly fans now throwing everything in sight onto the ice, including full beer cans. ###### animals. They are an embarrassment to the USA, not just the NHL.

When they came to Vegas those were absolutely the worst fans I have ever seen. I thought Boston fans were but Philly fans take it to a whole nother level.

I want at least one Game 7.  

At this point I'm over the first round. All of these matchups have been pretty boring, outside of the Caps-Jackets. I just want Round 2 already.

Nashville-Winnipeg and Boston-Tampa are legitimate Cup Finals matchups. I wish they were at least the Conference Finals series, but eh at least they're happening 

Good run by the Avs though. Does that give Chiarelli sole possession as Worst GM in the League?

I would think so...and his choice of coaches isn't much better. San Jose has been much better since dumping McLellan who I never liked. Of course when the Oilers win yet another draft lottery and get Dahlin they'll look like geniuses. Like him or hate him, exGMTM had absolutely lousy luck losing the draft lotteries and not getting McDavid, Mathews or even Laine.

The Jets looked real smart getting Laine but we should have had him if the NHL would stop screwing us (like they'll do Friday). Imagine us with McDavid, Ekblad (who quietly had a monster year with 16 goals 22 assists for 38 points) and Laine?

The Jets played the last game with their 1LHD, 2LHD and 3LHD not starting...also Perreault and Ehlers were out hurt and Armia missing most of the game and Myers playing hurt. 

Helle got his 2nd straight shutout and the Jets dominated them in the 1st period big time.

Go Avs go.

And none of that compared to the Wild losing their best player.

Go Nashville.

Couturier is a good example of being patient.

Took him seven years to reach his potential.

After the past four years most people figured he’d settled into a 30-40 two-way centre role.

To my mind he’s the second best player from that draft after Kucherov.

Couturier is a good example of being patient.

Took him seven years to reach his potential.

After the past four years most people figured he’d settled into a 30-40 two-way centre role.

And none of that compared to the Wild losing their best player.

Go Nashville.

To my mind he’s the second best player from that draft after Kucherov.

Personally, I need to see him do this for a second season before I'm convinced it was more than a blip.