Who plays goal next year?

dudacek

goalie  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see as Ullmark's partner next year (pick three)

• Lehner
    • Johnson
    • Lehtonen UFA
    • Halak UFA
    • Ward UFA
    • Bernier UFA
    • Khudobin UFA
    • Raantta UFA
    • Hutton UFA
    • Trade for an emerging youngster at the going rate of a late 1st/2 2nds
    • Trade for a veteran stopgap at the going rate of a 2nd or 3rd
    • D4rk
  2. 2. Who would you hate to see as Ullmark's partner next year (pick three)

• Lehner
    • Johnson
    • Lehtonen UFA
    • Halak UFA
    • Ward UFA
    • Bernier UFA
    • Khudobin UFA
    • Raantta UFA
    • Hutton UFA
    • Trade for an emerging youngster at the going rate of a late 1st/2 2nds
    • Trade for a veteran stopgap at the going rate of a 2nd or 3rd
    • D4rk

The amount of votes I am receiving is somewhat unsettling.

I think the thought is that if it happens you'd keep posting here and give us all the inside info

That, and there really aren't a whole lot of good options other than swinging a trade for somebody decent.

Assuming, of course, that Raanta never sees UFA.

I think the thought is that if it happens you'd keep posting here and give us all the inside info

Imagine dark sitting on the end of the bench, donning full gear and a ballcap as he backs up Ullmark, posting regularly in the GDT. Hopefully they'd let him on the private wifi :D

PS @Thwomp, I don't think I ever noticed that you're in Columbus! Is that new, or am I unobservant?

I like the idea but I think it's premature.  Some goalies are going to be cut.  Notably, as wildcard mentioned, Washington isn't going to keep both.

Teams like Washington will put goalies on the market and that's what the trade options are for.

The going rates for goalies are pretty well established.

I now it's the greener grass idea, but if a guy like Mrazek or Allen gets kicked to the curb, it's because they are reasonable facsimiles of Lehner. And LOL at the idea of getting Holtby or Grubauer for a 2nd.

Edited by dudacek

I think the thought is that if it happens you'd keep posting here and give us all the inside info ????

Some of us are just curious if he could do any worse. I mean, we can't possibly come in 32nd place. At least not until Seattle plays their first season.

I mostly don't want Lehner because I don't want to hear people complain about Lehner anymore. I think he'd be fine in tandem with Ullmark. He might also not want to play that role.

I think he's a loser with a loser attitude and his teammates hate him

The going rates for goalies are pretty well established.

And LOL at the idea of getting Holtby or Grubauer for a 2nd.

Check that, I forget our second is pick 32, so maybe we could swing something with that as the primary piece as long as the secondary piece has some real value.

I chose the top three in my "do not want" but it also includes Ward and Halak.

Ward is a decaying corpse, but Halak is probably the best value for what you'd assume he'll command on the market of the guys listed there not named Raanta, who won't be for sale, IMO.

He'll be a free agent, I believe. Caps may decide to pay him and shop Holtby, who has really been having problems lately.

Grubauer is a restricted free agent and will definitely be qualified.

The playoffs will probably determine which way the Caps will go, but they don’t have to trade either and the Sabres won’t be the only team interested. Either keeper will cost.

Raantta is the only UFA who deserves a real contract and will probably get one from Phoenix.

Halak is worse than Lehner and helped ensure one of the best offences in league won’t be in the playoffs.

He and Johnson are duking it out at the top of my do not want list.

Edited by dudacek

Grubauer is a restricted free agent and will definitely be qualified.

The playoffs will probably determine which way the Caps will go, but they don’t have to trade either and the Sabres won’t be the only team interested. Either keeper will cost.

Raantta is the only UFA who deserves a real contract and will probably get one from Phoenix.

Halak is worse than Lehner and helped ensure one of the best offences in league won’t be in the playoffs.

He and Johnson are duking it out at the top of my do not want list.

I also have Carter Hutton on my do not want list. He's bad, but no one here is familiar enough with him to know that I guess.

Ward is a decaying corpse, but Halak is probably the best value for what you'd assume he'll command on the market of the guys listed there not named Raanta, who won't be for sale, IMO.

Can't come up w/ any scenario that results in Halak playing for the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.