KeyBank Center improvement chatter

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, Kr632 said:

Went to game in vegas. It was 90 outside and i couldnt figure out why so many people were bundled up like it was winter. When i got in the arena with my shorts and tank top i understood 

Meh I dressed the same for the prospects scrimmages back at Niagara. God they must be faint of heart. 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, PASabreFan said:

Story by Harrington in the News today about possible upgrades and updates to come for Crossroads.

http://buffalonews.c...treme-makeover/

I can't say I've been bothered by the cold. Maybe it's worse down where Chet and Muffy sit. Her inner ear infections must be acting up. I like to have a cap on at a hockey game anyway.

Same with the seats. Meh, it's a hockey arena. It wouldn't the same experience unless my butt was sticky at night's end. Wait...

Anywho... what's the problem down there that's going to necessitate the taxpayers of Erie County likely coughing up millions?

There are much, much bigger fish to fry. Hopefully any improvements are only small ones and Terry will pay out of pocket. He's thrown millions at "problems" in the past and gotten burned.

Let's play in a dump. Maybe it'll toughen everyone, including the players, up.

I assume you're joking but I think about this all the time.  The team has been hot garbage with very questionable competitive fire ever since Pegula came along and built them a luxury lounge for a locker room.

Does anyone here remember the locker room in the Aud?  The little room with the spiral staircase leading up to the little "film room" ???

That thing was about as nice as what I'm used to dressing in for youth hockey at Lincoln Park!  

There might be something to this.

Make these guys feel like fat cats and then be surprised when the behave like fat cats?  Seems stupid.

8 hours ago, shrader said:

Looking back on the thread, this post is pretty funny today.?

Ikr? 

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Seats are wider there than in the 300s.

But some of those corner 100’s have about 6” of leg room.

they seems to be inquiring about some “loge” seats. It’s like a suite you only pay an up charge for the seat, bigger with a table in front of you. But they’re still asking a commitment of 20-80k for ‘renting’ the space. 

On 3/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, pi2000 said:

I frequent Staples Center and the Honda Center.     Last time I was at KBC was 2 years ago.

1 - KBC is dark.   Dark hallways, dark arena, dark concourses.  

2 - The angle of the seats is too shallow.... not steep enough.  It seems you're very far away from the ice even when sitting in the lower bowl (compared to SC/HC).   

3 - Temperature is on par with SC/HC... Staples is the coldest arena I've been in.   Dress accordingly. 

4 - KBC hallways/concourses are too narrow.    That said I still miss the days of running up and down the hallway ramps at The Aud to get up to the blues.  

My experience as well. 

my complaints are Dark, Shallow, Dead inside.  

dark - get better lights

Shallow. - your far away from the ice in every level.  Makes it not intimate and not loud 

Dead -  The crowd is just not very loud for their size.  Could be the shallow deep design of the arena seating, could be the music and PA stuff during play stoppages,  could be the large contingent of fans rooting for the visitors, could be the losing and the impending feeling of doom by the home crowned.  

No characters in the crowd anymore.  Very few cheers and chants, no signs, no Earl, not like the Aud. 

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Ikr? 

But some of those corner 100’s have about 6” of leg room.

they seems to be inquiring about some “loge” seats. It’s like a suite you only pay an up charge for the seat, bigger with a table in front of you. But they’re still asking a commitment of 20-80k for ‘renting’ the space. 

Heck, they "only" want $12k for a seat on the glass (but it includes a parking pass (1 per 2 seats) so it'd be totally worth that).

Based on what they seem to want to do to prices, pretty sure I'd rather they just leave the place as it is.  Far more interested in them improving the team they put on the ice rather than improving the amenities around it.

6 hours ago, Jacque Richard said:

6’3 275 lbs. can fit in any of them then. I had seasons in the Aud in the golds. Those were fine.

Jeez, Jacque.  I remember watching you play in the 75-76 season and you weighed only 170 lbs. at 5' 11'.   Seems like you put on a few pounds since then.  The good news is that you grew 4 inches since then.

6 hours ago, Tondas said:

Jeez, Jacque.  I remember watching you play in the 75-76 season and you weighed only 170 lbs. at 5' 11'.   Seems like you put on a few pounds since then.  The good news is that you grew 4 inches since then.

Paging @inkman. You have a call on the white courtesy phone.  Inkman, call on the white courtesy phone.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, darksabre said:

Agreed. If they're going to drink wine and not cheer then they might as well get their money's worth.

Maybe that’s why they weren’t cheering. They felt they should have been more drunk.

Edited by SwampD
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Checking that poured pints in England are actually 16oz is a thing.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

If the bartender at Pour Man's knows you tip well, the wine goes into a beer cup and it's definitely more than 6 oz.

If you're a crappy tipper, well, maybe you get the smaller cup.

I have experience in this field.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If the bartender at Pour Man's knows you tip well, the wine goes into a beer cup and it's definitely more than 6 oz.

If you're a crappy tipper, well, maybe you get the smaller cup.

I have experience in this field.

Tell that to the judge.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

So does the guy actually have one of the glasses on him? Hard to prove anything without that

The guy has pictures of the clear plastic sleeves that the cups come in. And presumably he’ll get documents in discovery reflecting what Sportservice ordered for its wine cups. And I suspect there’s a whistleblower or two who may sing for the plaintiffs. 

After visiting KBC, lower bowl was cold, cool its hockey... better food and wider concourses yup.  I guess it could be not be so dark. Not sure about height of seat levels...seems about same everywhere. Definitely need bigger full LED scoreboard and large screens at either end showing replays.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The defendants should countersue and hire me, not Eleven. Put these bastards on trial. Yes, The Trial of Chet and Muffy. After getting a conviction* of Terry, I am just the man for the job.

*nolo comprendre

Judge Swamp or Smell, you have a new case for your docket.  Any I idea when it will be scheduled?

Edited by North Buffalo

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

The guy has pictures of the clear plastic sleeves that the cups come in. And presumably he’ll get documents in discovery reflecting what Sportservice ordered for its wine cups. And I suspect there’s a whistleblower or two who may sing for the plaintiffs. 

Would they be required to hand over any of those documents?  That seems unnecessary, especially for a civil case, but I have no idea how those things work.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.