Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

Also, this entire thread is cynicism correct.  Harrington is a blundering maroon who is right twice a day because he's a broken clock.  

i'm not sure he's a broken clock -- unless he's broken along these lines:

clock_hands_spinning_import_md_wm.gif

Edited by That Aud Smell

image.jpg

Thanks John.

(Yes, I'm stoked that I indirectly asked a question at the Sabres press conference lol)

So if the Sharks miss the playoffs, we don’t get the first next season, assuming we are getting the first at all. “In the lottery” or “Lottery protected” just makes it more confusing.

And isn’t it still the Sharks choice? If they are “in the lottery” next season and get 14th, couldn’t they choose to still send the pick?

So if the Sharks miss the playoffs, we don’t get the first next season, assuming we are getting the first at all. “In the lottery” or “Lottery protected” just makes it more confusing.

And isn’t it still the Sharks choice? If they are “in the lottery” next season and get 14th, couldn’t they choose to still send the pick?

Lottery protection usually refers to said team moving into the Top 3 Picks.

"Usually" probably isn't the right choice of words.  This is a practice that has existed for all of two years at this point, isn't it?  I don't remember ever hearing it in the NHL up until they started drafting the first 3 slots.

Wawrow says pretty clearly “if the Sharks are in the lottery next year”

If they miss the playoffs, they are in the lottery.

So we need the Sharks to win the cup this year, miss the playoffs next year and finish last the year after.

Right. Which makes the “lottery protected” clause in this case even more confusing, as it’s apparently referring to something different.

Wawrow says pretty clearly “if the Sharks are in the lottery next year”

If they miss the playoffs, they are in the lottery.

So we need the Sharks to win the cup this year, miss the playoffs next year and finish last the year after.

I still think the Sharks would have the option of sending the pick anyways, say they miss the playoffs and are scheduled to draft 11-15, and want to plan for a rebuild the following year and want THAT pick.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.