Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

^

How does Lamar Jackson project, then, in terms of upside? 

At the risk of being ray-cess: Cam Newton? Cam Newton Lite?

I say that because Jackson looks like he'll be a big fella who can chuck it from the pocket, isn't terribly accurate maybe, and can run like a mofo.

^

How does Lamar Jackson project, then, in terms of upside? 

At the risk of being ray-cess: Cam Newton? Cam Newton Lite?

I say that because Jackson looks like he'll be a big fella who can chuck it from the pocket, isn't terribly accurate maybe, and can run like a mofo.

I think he's pretty similar to Newton (who also isn't the most accurate passer in the world, yet we'd all love to have) except his running is more elusive, whereas Cam's is more power. 

Ray-cess. lol. Being just a little racist-y? I couldn't believe John Vogl used the phrase "megawatt smile" to describe Evander Kane today. Felser did the same thing with Bruce Smith. I seem to remember a bit of blowback for Larry on that one.

Missed th​at one.

I definitely take the view that the only people truly deceiving themselves with regard to racism are those who deny that they are. It's like a 12-step program, man. 

I think he's pretty similar to Newton (who also isn't the most accurate passer in the world, yet we'd all love to have) except his running is more elusive, whereas Cam's is more power. 

Cam Newton has taken bigger hits than most WRs/RBs I've ever seen play, I can't believe that guy can still walk in a straight line. 

And yes, I'd love to have him. 

And I'm assuming you mean stylistically, because Cam was a no-brainer 1st overall, probably the most aside from Luck since Manning, no?

Cam Newton has taken bigger hits than most WRs/RBs I've ever seen play, I can't believe that guy can still walk in a straight line. 

And yes, I'd love to have him. 

And I'm assuming you mean stylistically, because Cam was a no-brainer 1st overall, probably the most aside from Luck since Manning, no?

He was considered high risk, high reward with boom or bust potential, mostly because he hardly played with the Gators so he really only had one year of tape when he played his National Championship season with Auburn. Of course it worked out well for Carolina, but at the time it wasn't quite the no brainer that it appears to be now (with the benefit of hindsight).

Missed th​at one.

I definitely take the view that the only people truly deceiving themselves with regard to racism are those who deny that they are. It's like a 12-step program, man. 

Doesn't "megawatt smile" just mean someone who has a big smile that lights up the room? Why is that considered racist? 

Regarding Lamar Jackson: Michael Vick has stated that Jackson is the closest player he has ever seen to himself, more so than Newton or any other mobile QB. I realize that Michael Vick isn't an NFL scout, but it does give pause as to why such a talent like Jackson isn't considered with the big 4 of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen.

He was considered high risk, high reward with boom or bust potential, mostly because he hardly played with the Gators so he really only had one year of tape when he played his National Championship season with Auburn. Of course it worked out well for Carolina, but at the time it wasn't quite the no brainer that it appears to be now (with the benefit of hindsight).

I believe it, I didn't pay attention to the draft back then. 

#StillwantnothingtodowithLamar

Doesn't "megawatt smile" just mean someone who has a big smile that lights up the room? Why is that considered racist? 

Regarding Lamar Jackson: Michael Vick has stated that Jackson is the closest player he has ever seen to himself, more so than Newton or any other mobile QB. I realize that Michael Vick isn't an NFL scout, but it does give pause as to why such a talent like Jackson isn't considered with the big 4 of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and Allen.

Because no qb has ever had such pronounced issues with accuracy and gone on to fix them at a level with exponentially higher difficulty, faster linebackers, more complicated defenses, less time etc.

Because no qb has ever had such pronounced issues with accuracy and gone on to fix them at a level with exponentially higher difficulty, faster linebackers, more complicated defenses, less time etc.

Fair enough. I didn't know Jackson's accuracy was considered so poor.

At the moment, Mayfield is my #1 choice for QB. But I wouldn't trade into the top 5-10 for him.

Edited by FuhrUrsinne

Agreed - Newton completed 66% of his passes, 30 TDs, and only 7 INTs his lone year at Auburn playing in the much tougher conference than Jackson. Cam was a no-brainer at #1 whereas no one sees Jackson as a #1.

Pretty sure it came about because of the contrast between bright white teeth and dark skin; it was only used to describe a black person with a great smile.

Regarding Jackson, one of us is going to look like a buffoon a year from now :lol:

Agreed - Newton completed 66% of his passes, 30 TDs, and only 7 INTs his lone year at Auburn playing in the much tougher conference than Jackson. Cam was a no-brainer at #1 whereas no one sees Jackson as a #1.

Cam was a no-brainer #1, but a lot of that is because that QB class was not well-regarded as a whole. He just didn't have much competition for the spot. There was definitely a ton of chatter about him having high bust potential and not being an NFL passer.

Pretty sure it came about because of the contrast between bright white teeth and dark skin; it was only used to describe a black person with a great smile.

Regarding Jackson, one of us is going to look like a buffoon a year from now :lol:

Cam was a no-brainer #1, but a lot of that is because that QB class was not well-regarded as a whole. He just didn't have much competition for the spot. There was definitely a ton of chatter about him having high bust potential and not being an NFL passer.

Gonna take more than a year to get Jackson ready. 

Cam would be #1 in this year's class as well - size, mobility, arm, college stats, and national championship. 

Gonna take more than a year to get Jackson ready. 

Cam would be #1 in this year's class as well - size, mobility, arm, college stats, and national championship. 

Don't think you can include his national championship if we're talking him hypothetically being in this draft class

Really? Always though they said that about Farrah Fawcett as well (among other things).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.