Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

On 1/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, WildCard said:

Trevor Lawrence comes out in two years. That's pretty much the consensus for the max Brady will last in NE. Imagine if they just walked right into Lawrence from Brady

Right. Lawrence will be coming out potentially in the same offseason Brady retires, so the Patriots won’t be anywhere near the number one pick.

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I feel like this is a poor decision 

Take into consideration:

He won't ever get paid playing for the A's so that's 6 MLB service years plus whatever minor league time he needs on a small contract before he had a chance at big money.

Also....eh, I got nothing. No idea where he projects to be drafted into the NFL. But if he's good, he'll make money and if he busts out early he may(although unlikely) get another shot at baseball.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Take into consideration:

He won't ever get paid playing for the A's so that's 6 MLB service years plus whatever minor league time he needs on a small contract before he had a chance at big money.

Also....eh, I got nothing. No idea where he projects to be drafted into the NFL. But if he's good, he'll make money and if he busts out early he may(although unlikely) get another shot at baseball.

If Murray chooses the NFL over MLB, he will have to return the $4.66 million signing bonus he received from the A's. 

Also the kids is the best QB in the draft if he declares no ? 

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Jets hire Adam Gase as HC 

Dumbfounding.

I can see wanting the guy to come in and work with Darnold -- Gase has a lot of good QB work in his portfolio (and P. Manning is a big booster). But his track record as a HC makes this hire a truly strange one.

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Dumbfounding.

I can see wanting the guy to come in and work with Darnold -- Gase has a lot of good QB work in his portfolio (and P. Manning is a big booster). But his track record as a HC makes this hire a truly strange one.

His work in year one with that team was impressive. His work with that team this year was impressive up until the last few games. This should’ve been an appealing job, so I expected more than Gase but I’m not convinced it won’t work.

40 minutes ago, Hoss said:

His work in year one with that team was impressive. His work with that team this year was impressive up until the last few games. This should’ve been an appealing job, so I expected more than Gase but I’m not convinced it won’t work.

He's a good mind, he's also hated by his entire locker room

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If Murray chooses the NFL over MLB, he will have to return the $4.66 million signing bonus he received from the A's. 

Also the kids is the best QB in the draft if he declares no ? 

The NFL v. MLB discussion is an interesting one. You can make a lot more money in the MLB as they have guaranteed contracts and a much higher pay scale, however it can take many years of toiling in the minors for basically minimum wage before making it to the show, if you make it at all. It's very possible that the $4.66M signing bonus is all Murray would make in baseball. But the risk of his body breaking down/quality of life after sports is greatly reduced.

The NFL ensures he will get a better contract earlier if he is indeed a high pick in the draft, and if he proves to be even a decent NFL QB then his second contract could be good as well, but there is just as much chance of busting and not getting anything more than the first contract, and the non-guaranteed contracts mean a lot more uncertainty year to year. Not to mention the concussion/quality of life discussion, which may be mitigated a little by being a QB - who are protected by the rules more than say a O-linemen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Does a player actually have to declare for the draft if they no longer have any remaining NCAA eligibility?  I don't know if that's the case for Murray or not, but either way, I'm still curious about the answer.

I think Murray does because he has already signed a deal with the Oakland A's in MLB. If he declares or is drafted (not sure which) he has to give back his signing bonus of ~$4M from the A's

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Does a player actually have to declare for the draft if they no longer have any remaining NCAA eligibility?  I don't know if that's the case for Murray or not, but either way, I'm still curious about the answer.

Murray has another year. But regardless you have to pay to be in the NFL Draft.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Patriots are absolutely dominating without Tom Brady needing to make a single throw of note.

Edelman is obviously back on the juice.

The refs gave the Pats their first touchdown--it was Gronk committing PI, not the Charger.

The refs have ignored every late hit on Rivers.

The NFL does NOT want an LA-LA Super Bowl and it is glaringly obvious.

The NFL is WWE right now.

58 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Edelman is obviously back on the juice.

The refs gave the Pats their first touchdown--it was Gronk committing PI, not the Charger.

The refs have ignored every late hit on Rivers.

The NFL does NOT want an LA-LA Super Bowl and it is glaringly obvious.

The NFL is WWE right now.

Also, it appeared from the only angle we were shown that one of the Cheatriots on the fumbled punt was touching the sideline & the mass of humanity lunging for the ball.  So, that Cheatriot is on/ a part of the sideline & everyone else he's touching is part of the sideline (at least that's how it works when a Cheatriot doesn't end up with the ball) so the ball should've been dead before the recovery.

Hate the way these really ridiculous rule interpretations always seem to fall their way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.