Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

32 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If he couldn't handle the ego clash with Rodgers, he's in for it with Mayfield.

Rodgers’ ego is every bit as big as Baker’s from the sounds of it. Rodgers has earned it to this point in his career. As has Mayfield. I don’t think McCarthy is the right choice for Cleveland, though. Nor does Arians going to Tampa Bay mean at all that McCarthy to Cleveland is likely or even likelier than it was before.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Good reference but still, Lamar looked awful yesterday. I'll take Allen > Lamar any day

Probably. But Lamar’s performance doesn’t have any impact on Josh Allen. Only Josh Allen’s play will do that.

Edited by Hoss

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Rodgers’ ego is every bit as big as Baker’s from the sounds of it. Rodgers has earned it to this point in his career. As has Mayfield. I don’t think McCarthy is the right choice for Cleveland, though. Nor does Arians going to Tampa Bay mean at all that McCarthy to Cleveland is likely or even likelier than it was before.

Probably. But Lamar’s performance doesn’t have any impact on Josh Allen. Only Josh Allen’s play will do that.

Dorsey in Cleveland is what makes McCarthy likely in Cleveland; they've already interviewed him. I think it does make it more likely as well: Arians was a very attractive candidate, if he's out of the running McCarthy becomes more attractive. Of course that's provided the Browns wanted Arians, which they may not have. 

Granted and yeah I get that. There was a lot of Lamar or Allen conversation however

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Good reference but still, Lamar looked awful yesterday. I'll take Allen > Lamar any day

There certainly isn't a statistical argument to prefer Allen to Jackson so strongly. Bills-colored goggles, methinks. 

Separately, I feel bad for Baker if he gets saddled with McCarthy. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I realize it would take a ton of crazy for it to happen, but I’m pulling for the conspiracy theory ending with both championship game to be played in LA... 

bit then they both lose

Considering both the Cheatriots & the Pokes have to lose this weekend for that to happen, sure, why not.

Besides, it could be kind of cool seeing the Iggles vs Reich a year after he was the OC they won the SB.

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

There certainly isn't a statistical argument to prefer Allen to Jackson so strongly. Bills-colored goggles, methinks. 

Separately, I feel bad for Baker if he gets saddled with McCarthy. 

At this point, my feelings are:

Mayfield >> Darnold >= Allen > Jackson

Right now, I'd take Darnold over Allen because he doesn't depend on his legs as much. Hopefully Allen will get better about that as both his own abilities as a passer improve as well as the line protecting him.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

At this point, my feelings are:

Mayfield >> Darnold >= Allen > Jackson

Right now, I'd take Darnold over Allen because he doesn't depend on his legs as much. Hopefully Allen will get better about that as both his own abilities as a passer improve as well as the line protecting him.

As of right now, in my view, the only one who has clearly separated himself from the pack is Mayfield. He's going to be a stud even if they hamstring him with McCarthy. The rest have either shown similarly or have enough negative tape to be a "pick your flavor" type of argument.

Considering how much I hated Allen as a prospect, it's pretty impressive his play in the second half of the year got me to this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

As of right now, in my view, the only one who has clearly separated himself from the pack is Mayfield. He's going to be a stud even if they hamstring him with McCarthy. The rest have either shown similarly or have enough negative tape to be a "pick your flavor" type of argument.

Considering how much I hated Allen as a prospect, it's pretty impressive his play in the second half of the year got me to this point. 

I agree with this - right down to being impressed with how much Allen was able to show. I mean, I'm far from sold on the guy. I am certain that he won't be able to get as much on the ground next season. But he showed things that create a credible hope for growth and quality.

I am also relieved not to have to add Rosen to the Mahomes regret syndrome. Not yet anyway.

21 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sorry, thought you meant defensive line

Linemen in general I guess would have been better. There's a ton of d-linemen coming out. Lots of lineman in this draft on both sides. .... ON many sides, on many sides. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-strengths-of-all-prospects-currently-in-top-32-a/ 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Trevor Lawrence comes out in two years. That's pretty much the consensus for the max Brady will last in NE. Imagine if they just walked right into Lawrence from Brady

My coworker mentioned this earlier today. Screw the Patriots - there's no way they are bad enough to get the high pick needed to take him.

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Trevor Lawrence comes out in two years. That's pretty much the consensus for the max Brady will last in NE. Imagine if they just walked right into Lawrence from Brady

plenty of time for that bro to go from can't miss prospect to jp losman with better hair.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.