Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Marvin Lewis, Adam Gase, Vance Joseph, Dirk Coetter, Todd Bowles, Hue Jackson, Mike McCarthy, and Steve Wilks are the list of coaches fired this year.

So 3/5 of the rookie QBs already have new head coaches, and only 1 of those QBs made the playoffs; ironic considering he's likely the worst one

Edited by WildCard

40 minutes ago, inkman said:

I want a player deserving of our crappy record 

There has been a lot of interesting analysis on this.  The consensus is that the NFL draft is almost always rich enough that trading down is nearly always the better play. 

1 minute ago, Weave said:

There has been a lot of interesting analysis on this.  The consensus is that the NFL draft is almost always rich enough that trading down is nearly always the better play. 

Not even sure that's it's rich enough. I think it's just such a crap shoot that you're pretty likely to miss anywhere, so might as well have as many darts to throw as possible

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Marvin Lewis, Adam Gase, Vance Joseph, Dirk Coetter, Todd Bowles, Hue Jackson, Mike McCarthy, and Steve Wilks are the list of coaches fired this year.

So 3/5 of the rookie QBs already have new head coaches, and only 1 of those QBs made the playoffs; ironic considering he's likely the worst one

Man, still no respect for Lamar. 

Just now, WildCard said:

Not even sure that's it's rich enough. I think it's just such a crap shoot that you're pretty likely to miss anywhere, so might as well have as many darts to throw as possible

Last time I read an article on this was at least a year ago, so I may not be remembering properly, but my recolection is the exact opposite.  Starters everywhere in the 1st round and into the 2nd, so there is terrific value in collecting those extra picks to move down.

Quite the opposite of the NHL draft.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No one will trade up I think, no QB frenzie this year.

Make no mistake, somebody will. There's always a QB frenzie. Teams have and will again be desperate and convince themselves that whatever top QBs available are the next Went/Goff and will mortgage it all for them

Just now, WildCard said:

Make no mistake, somebody will. There's always a QB frenzie. Teams have and will again be desperate and convince themselves that whatever top QBs available are the next Went/Goff and will mortgage it all for them

Or they'll be a corner or an edge rusher they must have

Just now, WildCard said:

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You can always find a partner 

And a team with two firsts in the back half of the first round just hired a guy who insisted that Blaine Gabbert was going to be a better QB then Cam Newton 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I think they'll be a team taking a corner in the first and then a wr in the 2nd. They aren't good at assessing offensive talent or at least haven't shown they are

If we do anything other than lineman in the 1st round we're officially as inept as Oakland

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If we do anything other than lineman in the 1st round we're officially as inept as Oakland

Good fat guys can be acquired in almost any round. If a stud is available at their pick, so be it but I don't want to pass up a skill guy for a fat guy based on need.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

Good fat guys can be acquired in almost any round. If a stud is available at their pick, so be it but I don't want to pass up a skill guy for a fat guy based on need.

Disagree. I think the best linemen are at the top, and wr's/rb's can be found anywhere

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.