Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Of course the facts aren’t in.  But there are certainly plenty of indications that she could be fabricating, including McCoy’s immediate and firm denial, the attorney’s walk-back and the fact that she’s squatting in his house.  

And there were 2 accusers in the Dareus case.  

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Of course the facts aren’t in.  But there are certainly plenty of indications that she could be fabricating, including McCoy’s immediate and firm denial, the attorney’s walk-back and the fact that she’s squatting in his house.  

And there were 2 accusers in the Dareus case.  

So... none of the things you just said are "indications" that she's "fabricating."

Of f***ing course McCoy is going to deny it. That's hold zero value. And the "denial" has been dissected and questioned enough itself.

The "walk-back" has been clarified as not a walk-back.

She's not squatting. If she was squatting the cops would've allowed McCoy to kick her out from the beginning. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, smarter people).

You're nothing if not consistent about how you view women victims.

Edited by Hoss

Also, it's worth noting McCoy has not denied a single thing that the victim or her attorney are claiming. He has only responded to the situation a total of one time, and the statement released was in response to the instagram post. The victim and her attorney have distanced themselves from the instagram post.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

So... none of the things you just said are "indications" that she's "fabricating."

Of f***ing course McCoy is going to deny it. That's hold zero value. And the "denial" has been dissected and questioned enough itself.

The "walk-back" has been clarified as not a walk-back.

She's not squatting. If she was squatting the cops would've allowed McCoy to kick her out from the beginning. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, smarter people).

You're nothing if not consistent about how you view women victims.

1. Why would one person's denial hold any less value than another's accusation?

2. No, you still need to go through the eviction process to remove a squatter.  Definitely in NYS, and from what we've all read, in Georgia, too. (This isn't smarts, it's just what I do.)

3. I don't think you're being fair to freeman with your last sentence.  We've seen before on this board how quickly people jump to conclusions. He's being cautious. As am I. As I was with the Patrick Kane incident. And I know how that one played out.  Yes, men can be predators.  That doesn't mean McCoy is.  And women can be predators. That doesn't mean Cordon is.  There is no need to prejudge this.

Edited by Eleven

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Also, it's worth noting McCoy has not denied a single thing that the victim or her attorney are claiming. He has only responded to the situation a total of one time, and the statement released was in response to the instagram post. The victim and her attorney have distanced themselves from the instagram post.

He denied every bit of it in that one response.  Did you read it?  Geez.  And his son's mother has denied a part of it, too.

He hired a lawyer to do his talking now, as did Cordon.  

She's not a "victim" if it isn't true.

To be clear:  it's certainly quite possible that she is telling the truth and that McCoy is involved.  If so, he's a dirtbag and should be prosecuted and kicked off the Bills immediately.

But I see no need to pretend that it's not possible that she's fabricating.

It also strains reality to say that McCoy hasn't denied it, or that the attorney hasn't walked back her initial statements.

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

1. Why would one person's denial hold any less value than another's accusation?

2. No, you still need to go through the eviction process to remove a squatter.  Definitely in NYS, and from what we've all read, in Georgia, too. (This isn't smarts, it's just what I do.)

3. I don't think you're being fair to freeman with your last sentence.  We've seen before on this board how quickly people jump to conclusions. He's being cautious. As am I. As I was with the Patrick Kane incident. And I know how that one played out.  Yes, men can be predators.  That doesn't mean McCoy is.  And women can be predators. That doesn't mean Cordon is.  There is no need to prejudge this.

1. Nobody said it doesn't. It holds zero value as "indications she's fabricating," though. At least in an actual discussion on the topic. I don't recall an NFL player or any high profile person immediately confessing to taking part in beating someone brutally.

2. Fair enough. What qualifies a "squatter?" I've seen no indications she is a squatter, for the record.

3. I think everyone here is being cautious. I lean towards defending those who've been attacked because people constantly tear them down when it comes to sports and it's asinine. That hasn't happened much here (in this case), so my animosity towards those who seem focused on the possibility that she's a liar above all else is mostly from interactions with others on this subject.

38 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

She's not a "victim" if it isn't true.

To be clear:  it's certainly quite possible that she is telling the truth and that McCoy is involved.  If so, he's a dirtbag and should be prosecuted and kicked off the Bills immediately.

But I see no need to pretend that it's not possible that she's fabricating.

It also strains reality to say that McCoy hasn't denied it, or that the attorney hasn't walked back her initial statements.

Your first line is almost guaranteed false. If McCoy turns out to not be involved that does not mean she is not a victim. The only two scenarios where she isn't a victim here is if she hired somebody to beat her (almost zero chance this happened) or if she... kidnapped somebody, brought them to her home and that person beat her in self defense? I can't think of any other ways she wouldn't be a victim. Those wounds are from an attack. Police have already stated there was a targeted invasion and attack. She is a victim, regardless of the offender.

The victim has only stated that she was attacked and it wasn't random. She, shortly after being brutally beaten, claimed LeSean McCoy may have been involved in a 911 call. She seemed to believe this because the jewelry that was taken traced back to him. Since that 911 call there have been no direct accusations against McCoy or anyone specific from the victim or lawyer publicly.

EVERYTHING else we know about this case has come from the police report, prior police reports and prior court documents obtained by various media outlets. Those reports indicate a history of McCoy demanding she leave the property, demanding she return specific pieces of jewelry and sending people to her home to remove jewelry and furniture.

So it appears she wouldn't be insane to think a man with a history of sending people to her home to obtain items could do so again.

There is no situation where if someone doesn't move out of their ex's house, I am not going to think they are a money grubbing piece of garbage.

She is not a victim.

EDIT: Say you are an elf, and you gave up immortality for someone, and they broke up with you because the checkout girl at Mighty Taco can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch. You get to stay in that dumbass's house. Otherwise, get the ###### out.

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Your first line is almost guaranteed false. If McCoy turns out to not be involved that does not mean she is not a victim. The only two scenarios where she isn't a victim here is if she hired somebody to beat her (almost zero chance this happened) or if she... kidnapped somebody, brought them to her home and that person beat her in self defense? I can't think of any other ways she wouldn't be a victim. Those wounds are from an attack. Police have already stated there was a targeted invasion and attack. She is a victim, regardless of the offender.

The victim has only stated that she was attacked and it wasn't random. She, shortly after being brutally beaten, claimed LeSean McCoy may have been involved in a 911 call. She seemed to believe this because the jewelry that was taken traced back to him. Since that 911 call there have been no direct accusations against McCoy or anyone specific from the victim or lawyer publicly.

EVERYTHING else we know about this case has come from the police report, prior police reports and prior court documents obtained by various media outlets. Those reports indicate a history of McCoy demanding she leave the property, demanding she return specific pieces of jewelry and sending people to her home to remove jewelry and furniture.

So it appears she wouldn't be insane to think a man with a history of sending people to her home to obtain items could do so again.

Most everything we know came from police reports, except for the initial instagram post that stated McCoy beat up his girl, his kid, & his dog.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Most everything we know came from police reports, except for the initial instagram post that stated McCoy beat up his girl, his kid, & his dog.

That Instagram post has nothing to do with the victim or the lawyer. They asked for it to be deleted and said they will not speak to what’s in the post. They denied making any domestic abuse allegations. You can make the choice to hold what someone did while she was lying bloodied in a hospital against her, but it’s BS in my book.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

That Instagram post has nothing to do with the victim or the lawyer. They asked for it to be deleted and said they will not speak to what’s in the post. They denied making any domestic abuse allegations. You can make the choice to hold what someone did while she was lying bloodied in a hospital against her, but it’s BS in my book.

Without that initial friend's post, do we hear about any of this prior to it showing up on the police blotter?

I've not made ANY judgement towards what happened that day.  I'm waiting to see the evidence before reaching judgement.  

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Without that initial friend's post, do we hear about any of this prior to it showing up on the police blotter?

I've not made ANY judgement towards what happened that day.  I'm waiting to see the evidence before reaching judgement.  

I have no idea when we hear about it but does it matter when we heard about it? Everything we’ve learned that matters came after the Instagram post, not from the Instagram post.

(note: I’m not talking in a legal sense, lord knows what the court says happened and what actually happened aren’t always the same)

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I have no idea when we hear about it but does it matter when we heard about it? Everyt ting we’ve learned that matters came after the Instagram post, not from the Instagram post.

(note: I’m not talking in a legal sense, lord knows what the court says happened and what actually happened aren’t always the same)

Again, I've not made any judgment.  I'm waiting to see what the evidence presents.  Sorry that I spoke prior to it all being in.

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

I'ma lock this in the morning 

Why? It's obvious that people want to talk about it.

Hoss: You are correct, she is a victim. Whether McCoy is responsible is in question. But yes, something happened to her.

My current theory: A member of LeSean’s crew, or a friend of a member of his crew, took it upon himself to engage in some “self help” in service to LeSean and/or possibly in service to his own pecuniary interests.

The individual responsible may also claim to police that McCoy “authorized” the action because he exclaimed words to the effect of  “will NO ONE rid me of this meddlesome priest?!”

This doesn't inspire much confidence

The visit to see Allen was just the final box for the Bills to check. Beane had started to buy into Allen as early as last August. Allen was among the many quarterbacks Beane and Schoen dissected on film before the season started. Beane knew then that he wanted to watch Allen play live.

https://theathletic.com/436874/2018/07/19/what-we-learned-from-pre-camp-media-session-with-bills-brandon-beane-and-sean-mcdermott/

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

In what way does that make you think it doesn’t inspire much confidence? That’s how the evaluation process for QBs works...

They picked him in August. That's there guy and then they preceded to watch him to make sure. That's not how you do things. That's finding facts to suit theories. Started to buy into him in August, the kid had played 1 season of college at that point. He also goes on to rave about arm strength while dismissing accuracy concerns. Sounds like tunnel vision not "the evaluation process for Qb's".  

I've expressed my fair share of skepticism and fatigue over the #KellyStrong stuff and the local fan base's idolizing of Jim.

After watching his speech from last night, where he accepted the Jimmy V award, I can kindly shut the fu*k up for a long while about that.

Wonderful sentiments. Pure class. From a guy who's living right there -- on the precipice of the great unknown.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I have for a while now thought of Jimbo as an entitled jerk in his youth who has, with age and great personal loss, learned humility and become a pretty good guy.

I've been there as well, for a while.

Reflexively, I had developed an aversion for the media-cultivated "brand," if you will, of the man and the family. I think that still lurks.

But his talk last night was powerful.

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I have for a while now thought of Jimbo as an entitled jerk in his youth who has, with age and great personal loss, learned humility and become a pretty good guy.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've been there as well, for a while.

Reflexively, I had developed an aversion for the media-cultivated "brand," if you will, of the man and the family. I think that still lurks.

But his talk last night was powerful.

I'm in the same spot as you guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.