Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

^

Hear, hear.

Also: 2 of the last 3 mocks I've read have mocked Josh Allen to the Bills. 

In other news: I need to stop reading mock drafts.

It would be the most Bills-iest thing we can do to trade up in order to draft the 7th best QB statistically in the Mountain West Conference. I would be happy with basically every other option besides Allen.

I'm sure he can. Passing a physical just isn't the same as playing NFL football though. I'm not sure anything is honestly 

He scares me a bit for sure, but he was Minnesota's backup late last season, I feel pretty ok on him.

Part of why I want him though is that unknown; I'm betting he won't be super expensive. If you bring him in on a 2 year prove it to me deal and he works out great; sign him long term or at least franchise him. If not, you've got another guy that you drafted waiting and learning. To me that's two lottery tickets at a pretty decent price.

I'm sure he can. Passing a physical just isn't the same as playing NFL football though. I'm not sure anything is honestly 

Maybe, I'd like to see what an NFL physical entails ... must be some kind of mobility and strength testing meaning stressing a repaired knee somewhat. 

^

Hear, hear.

Also: 2 of the last 3 mocks I've read have mocked Josh Allen to the Bills. 

In other news: I need to stop reading mock drafts.

Don't think the Allen haters will have anything to worry about - I'd bet he'll be gone in the 1st 3 QBs taken. TT could very well end up in Denver with Allen as the backup. 

I think he already played in a game this season, no? Wouldn't the Vikings have already done this?

You're right - he played a few snaps against Cinci on 12/17. Would assume the physical would be a little more detailed considering he was already under contract to the Vikes and we would be paying him somewhere between 8-12 mil (guessing). Same with Bradford although he would cost more.

Edited by Gramps

Don't think the Allen haters will have anything to worry about - I'd bet he'll be gone in the 1st 3 QBs taken. TT could very well end up in Denver with Allen as the backup.

Allen 'haters'?  That implies people are irrationally rating him low.  He easily has the worst accuracy of the group, and has the worst yards per completion, according to numbers posted up-thread. 

Here are the QB ratings when under pressure:

Mayfield: 111.6

Rudolph 97.2

Jackson 90.6

Darnold: 74.8

Rosen  69.1

Allen 58.5

Again, easily last place.

Allen 'haters'?  That implies people are irrationally rating him low.  He easily has the worst accuracy of the group, and has the worst yards per completion, according to numbers posted up-thread. 

Rudolph 97.2

Jackson 90.6

Rosen  69.1

Allen 58.5

Actually it doesn't imply anything but a lot of folks think he'll be a bust in the pros. But a lot of scouts and folks that watch a lot of film think he'll go really high. None of us have any idea if he will be good in the pros. College performance is not necessarily a prerequisite for pro success at QB. 

Edited by Gramps

Actually it doesn't imply anything but a lot of folks think he'll be a bust in the pros. But a lot of scouts and folks that watch a lot of film think he'll go really high. None of us have any idea if he will be good in the pros. College performance is not necessarily a prerequisite for pro success at QB.

FWIW, thinking a player will be drafted high and thinking a player will be a good pro are not the same thing. I think he'll be a bust, but I also think he's likely to go in the top half of the first round.

How does it not?  Do you know what hater means?

Spare me ... lots of haters of successful people as well.

FWIW, thinking a player will be drafted high and thinking a player will be a good pro are not the same thing. I think he'll be a bust, but I also think he's likely to go in the top half of the first round.

Agreed, but I never said he would be a good pro. I think he's got tons of potential, but what he does with it is yet to be seen. And IMO, he'll be gone before the Bills pick even if they move up. 

Edited by Gramps

Anything is better than Tolbert

Drafting a RB in the 5th round is better than Ivory or Tolbert.  #Truth

Rudolph 97.2

Jackson 90.6

Rosen  69.1

Allen 58.5

Allen is perfect for the Bungaloo Browns then.  They're going to botch the 1st pick up again.  

Jim Kelly's oral cancer has come back with treatment to begin soon.

Just a reminder that cancer amazingly difficult to beat. I'm always impressed when someone receives a clean diagnosis after any treatment, but with a recurrence like this, his life expectancy is significantly shorter. The Buffalo community will be behind Jim in wishing him good luck and thoughts - if there's anyone tough enough to deal with it, it's him.

F### cancer.

Jim Kelly's oral cancer has come back with treatment to begin soon.

Just a reminder that cancer amazingly difficult to beat. I'm always impressed when someone receives a clean diagnosis after any treatment, but with a recurrence like this, his life expectancy is significantly shorter. The Buffalo community will be behind Jim in wishing him good luck and thoughts - if there's anyone tough enough to deal with it, it's him.

F### cancer.

GO JIM!!

And, I agree F cancer!!

I’d like to see the Bills keep both 1sts and both 2nds and replenish this team. I’m hoping Rudolph slips to us an 21 and we also sign someone for a year or two to let Mason develop properly. Maybe take a risk on Bridgewater/Bradford and someone like Fitzpatrick as his backup.

I also want Sony Michael in the 2nd rd. Why keeping doing a retread like Ivory or Tolbert. Lets get us a future starter who plays a similar game to McCoy.

I’d like to see the Bills keep both 1sts and both 2nds and replenish this team. I’m hoping Rudolph slips to us an 21 and we also sign someone for a year or two to let Mason develop properly. Maybe take a risk on Bridgewater/Bradford and someone like Fitzpatrick as his backup.

I also want Sony Michael in the 2nd rd. Why keeping doing a retread like Ivory or Tolbert. Lets get us a future starter who plays a similar game to McCoy.

I heard Rudolph be compared to Chad Henne and that just obliterated my opinion of thim.

See i'm of the exact opposite opinion. I am really hoping that the Bills just go for it and trade up to get Rosen, so that I can finally say my team went for a franchise QB instead of -footing around with retreads, second choices or the fourth choice rookie.

Go for it, try for greatness instead of just okay-ness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.