Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

And in case you wanted any more reasons to hate Doug Whaley

At the time, he seethed.

Smith, whose Buffalo Bills jersey number is retired, and some of his Super Bowl teammates wanted to endorse a candidate for the team’s coaching vacancy. Bills president Russ Brandon wouldn’t return Smith’s calls.

“I tried to talk to several people,” Smith said.

Two sources with knowledge of the Bills’ 2015 coaching search said Brandon and GM Doug Whaley — and, by extension owners Terry and Kim Pegula — were concerned Reich would be too submissive to keep former teammates from meddling with football decisions.

“When we would all go out and act like idiots,” left tackle Will Wolford said, “Frank wasn’t with us.

“I can see Bruce being frustrated. They wouldn’t listen to him. It was, like, ‘Hey, I’m not asking you to hire my buddy I partied with. I’m recommending the best guy I know who would be the best coach.’ That was always Frank.”

“I was pitching Frank to the Bills then,” Wolford said, “and I wish they would have hired him the last time, as well.

“But it sure looks like the Bills have a pretty good head coach-quarterback combo in the works right now.”

https://theathletic.com/757350/2019/01/09/we-knew-he-would-excel-frank-reichs-bills-brothers-are-rooting-for-him-even-though-they-couldnt-get-him-to-buffalo/

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't hate Doug Whaley. Reich would not be having the same success he is having now with one of the top 3 QB in the game. Not that I am endorsing McClappy. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't hate Doug Whaley. Reich would not be having the same success he is having now with one of the top 3 QB in the game. Not that I am endorsing McClappy. 

Granted he wouldn't because we don't have Ty Hilton, that offensive line, or Luck. But there's little to no doubt Reich is a better HC, and there is certainly no doubt he'd be better for Allen's development

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I got an email today from the Bills today with a stadium survey.  I'm not wasting my time with it, but the text in the email said it's about both renovation and new locations.

They are looking at a spot downtown in the old first ward. There's some section 8 housing and older industrial area they could put the stadium. Rumor is a convention center would be part of the project. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They are looking at a spot downtown in the old first ward. There's some section 8 housing and older industrial area they could put the stadium. Rumor is a convention center would be part of the project. 

I always thought the stadium would go in the Perry projects (the area you mentioned above), but it's interesting to hear that all of this is presumably moving forward.

There was just too much investor development down there (Riverworks, Labatt, Hofbrauhaus, etc.) not to read between the lines.

33 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You're missing a name from your hate list. 

Anyway, it's also possible Reich learned a lot in Philly working with Doug Pederson, and wouldn't have been the same coach had we hired him. That said, I definitely wish we had a coach with Reich's mentality as opposed to McDermott's.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're missing a name from your hate list. 

Anyway, it's also possible Reich learned a lot in Philly working with Doug Pederson, and wouldn't have been the same coach had we hired him. That said, I definitely wish we had a coach with Reich's mentality as opposed to McDermott's.

There's always room for more on there, unless you're referring to Skinner of course

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

There's always room for more on there, unless you're referring to Skinner of course

The article clearly talks about both Brandon and Whaley. You only mentioned Whaley. Always room for Russ Brandon hate! 

And seriously, everyone should hate Jeff Skinner. Bulldog posted a gif last night of Skinner cup-checking someone. He's a turd! 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The article clearly talks about both Brandon and Whaley. You only mentioned Whaley. Always room for Russ Brandon hate! 

And seriously, everyone should hate Jeff Skinner. Bulldog posted a gif last night of Skinner cup-checking someone. He's a turd! 

Actually disappointed in myself for having forgotten Russ Brandon existed. Hand up that's on me 

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Do you or do you not want the Sabres to sign him?

Oh, I definitely want to re-sign him for his offensive skill. People just seem to be confused about why I hate him so much, and it's because he does stuff like that. I'm not okay with it just because he's on our side now--I hate that kind of rat-like play. He's a low key Marchand. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Oh, I definitely want to re-sign him for his offensive skill. People just seem to be confused about why I hate him so much, and it's because he does stuff like that. I'm not okay with it just because he's on our side now--I hate that kind of rat-like play. He's a low key Marchand. 

He's whiny, a diver, and plays a little dirty. But still, he's not cheap shotting people like Kadri and Marchand do. I get what you're saying tho

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I got an email today from the Bills today with a stadium survey.  I'm not wasting my time with it, but the text in the email said it's about both renovation and new locations.

If anyone is interested in filling out the survey, a link to it is currently the front page story on WKBW.com - very detailed survey with lots of questions about what you are looking for in a renovation/new stadium.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-want-your-input-on-stadium-options-including-potential-for-new-stadium

57 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

If anyone is interested in filling out the survey, a link to it is currently the front page story on WKBW.com - very detailed survey with lots of questions about what you are looking for in a renovation/new stadium.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/buffalo-bills-want-your-input-on-stadium-options-including-potential-for-new-stadium

Did anyone else in here get it by email?  I'm not really sure why I did.  It's one of those ticketmaster like cases where I bought something probably 10 years ago at this point but I still get all their junk mail.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Did anyone else in here get it by email?  I'm not really sure why I did.  It's one of those ticketmaster like cases where I bought something probably 10 years ago at this point but I still get all their junk mail.

I got it by email. The majority of questions seemed to be trying to figure out how much you'll spend on tickets in various contexts (seat location, new/old stadium).

12 minutes ago, bg17 said:

Boom?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.