Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Well there's your first mistake.

Seriously. There's part of me that can't stand how condescending Schopp is to many callers. There's another part of me that's like, "I get it, man. I get it."

Same. I think part of the reason he's so condesending, besides his personality, is that there are like 5 guys left who call in, so he's tired of their BS.

When they do call in segments, for any of their shows, I change the channel.

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

After listening to WGR for a bit, I'm pretty sure Allen has shown enough that the fanbase is mostly in the "if you don't think he walks on water then you're not giving him enough credit" stage of the QB cycle. Saying "He had a good but imperfect game" is getting interpreted as "Oh, so you think he sucks?" It's pretty incredible.

Happens all the time in the hockey threads on this site too.  Criticism, even justified criticism,  of popular players is always met with weird hyperbolic reaction.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It really is hard to figure. 

I should hope that it wasn't something as simple as not wanting to admit that they squandered what they paid to acquire him.

It's not at all hard to figure out. The Miami game was their 8th loss and the nail in the coffin for their playoff hopes. Before then, it was worth more to keep Benjamin around and hope he'd get his interest in being a #1 WR back. Or at least be a useful decoy and injury insurance.

But now that they're (all but mathematically) eliminated at 4-8, it's more important to get the younger WR's their reps and figure out what they have at this position. We all knew KB wasn't returning next year.

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

On the other hand, if the Bills thread here is all you read for Josh Allen takes, his career was over last October and we're just wasting time right now until we figure that out. 

It's also fairly incredible, in that none of the Allen optimists described are in here, while the balance of all Allen posts (including early ones by me) indicate that, without substantial changes he's toast 

I'm mostly exaggerating, but I also turned on WGR after the game and heard a lengthy discussion about how Allen needs to throw the last ball better, and fans in agreement. 

This is my take as well on this particular message board. McDermott and Beane are also equally hated here. It will take a playoff spot next year to change the consensus.

8 hours ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

It's not at all hard to figure out. The Miami game was their 8th loss and the nail in the coffin for their playoff hopes. Before then, it was worth more to keep Benjamin around and hope he'd get his interest in being a #1 WR back. Or at least be a useful decoy and injury insurance.

But now that they're (all but mathematically) eliminated at 4-8, it's more important to get the younger WR's their reps and figure out what they have at this position. We all knew KB wasn't returning next year.

That explanation doesn’t hold much water, though. So, from where I stand, the process remains difficult to understand.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That explanation doesn’t hold much water, though. So, from where I stand, the process remains difficult to understand.

On the radio this morning Jay Skurski mentioned that McD was very upset with the poor route running from Benjamin, especially on the interception where the DB undercut his route. That may have had something to do with the release.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

On the radio this morning Jay Skurski mentioned that McD was very upset with the poor route running from Benjamin, especially on the interception where the DB undercut his route. That may have had something to do with the release.

So is McClappy dense? Because Kelvin "sugar hams" Benjamin has been doing it since day one. Even in Carolina. There is no way they didn't know what KB was all about before the trade. I guess they were just resigned to the fact they we're getting a lazy player who occasionally made a play. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll say this: Allen has offered me considerably more hope than I expected him to. I still don't have belief, but I do have hope. 

One thing that I did not anticipate, but have been pleasantly surprised by (with the caveat that it's an intangible) is his confidence/competitiveness/swagger. The dude is a BALLER.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:02 PM, That Aud Smell said:

His long-ball to Foster a couple weeks ago was the picture of composure in a crowded pocket.

This past week:

And:

WRT the KB "attempt at a catch"

I read somewhere that Josh Allen is a ~60% completion QB when passing to any receiver not named Kelvin Benjamin, which was interesting

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

WRT the KB "attempt at a catch"

I read somewhere that Josh Allen is a ~60% completion QB when passing to any receiver not named Kelvin Benjamin, which was interesting

I’d love to see those figgers. Intriguing.

I’ve seen enough to wonder whether he can be good, maybe very good.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’d love to see those figgers. Intriguing.

I’ve seen enough to wonder whether he can be good, maybe very good.

By "read somewhere" I meant that my friend who is generally reliable about bills facts sent it to me today. I've since went and looked, and it is actually a stat about both KB and Holmes, the other guy they cut. 

No INT stats, and it surely isn't as simple as some conclusions that could be drawn from a surface look at these stats, but it's at least interesting. KB really was a dreadful target

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

By "read somewhere" I meant that my friend who is generally reliable about bills facts sent it to me today. I've since went and looked, and it is actually a stat about both KB and Holmes, the other guy they cut. 

No INT stats, and it surely isn't as simple as some conclusions that could be drawn from a surface look at these stats, but it's at least interesting. KB really was a dreadful target

Fortunately you should be able to see some immediate results if there is some truth to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.