Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

59 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The real question to be asked is why Clay was  still so deep in the endzone with his QB scrambling back at the 50. That throw probably traveled 50-60 yards. We needed 11 from the LOS. 

Aren't you supposed to come back to the QB if he's running backwards like that?

Or why every receiver not named McCoy was 20 yards past the first down marker, unless the play was 1000% designed for McCoy, which would make sense so I doubt that was the plan. 

The lengths people will go to in order to absolve Allen of any and all blame is pretty amazing. It was a bad throw that would have been a great play had it been a better throw. It was a catchable ball in the sense it would have been a great catch had Clay made it. Nothing about the play was routine, and this either/or argument about it will drive me totally insane. 

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Or why every receiver not named McCoy was 20 yards past the first down marker, unless the play was 1000% designed for McCoy, which would make sense so I doubt that was the plan. 

Right. It wasn't a great play design/call when we needed 11 yards. It wasn't a TD or bust play. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The lengths people will go to in order to absolve Allen of any and all blame is pretty amazing. It was a bad throw that would have been a great play had it been a better throw. It was a catchable ball in the sense it would have been a great catch had Clay made it. Nothing about the play was routine, and this either/or argument about it will drive me totally insane. 

Fwiw: What I’ve been harping on is the suggestion that Allen’s and Clay’s errors in that play were essentially equivalent. Allen’s error came in failing to flawlessly pull off a spectacular play. Clay’s errors were more fundamental, imo. (If Clay comes back to his QB more and moves his feet better, he makes that catch look easy.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fwiw: What I’ve been harping on is the suggestion that Allen’s and Clay’s errors in that play were essentially equivalent. Allen’s error came in failing to flawlessly pull off a spectacular play. Clay’s errors were more fundamental, imo. (If Clay comes back to his QB more and moves his feet better, he makes that catch look easy.)

Because planting your feet for a throw isn't about as fundamental as it gets?

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How hard and accurately can you throw the football 50 yards after running away from angry 250 pound men for 30 seconds?

He was running for about five seconds, to be clear. And it’s a throw he’s got to make. He got close. He’ll learn (hopefully) for next time.

37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He was running for about five seconds, to be clear. And it’s a throw he’s got to make. He got close. He’ll learn (hopefully) for next time.

Pretty soon it's going to be "Josh Allen ended poverty on the play. What else do you want him to do?"

And not for nothin', but part of the reason he had to run so much was because he unnecessarily flushed himself out of the pocket. And I still don't know why we were obsessed with the TD there when there was enough time to get the first down and continue the drive. I have no problem with a deep option, but no way should that have been a jailbreak play.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

13 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Because planting your feet for a throw isn't about as fundamental as it gets?

13 hours ago, inkman said:

Did he have time ?

Lord have mercy.

10 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And not for nothin', but part of the reason he had to run so much was because he unnecessarily flushed himself out of the pocket. And I still don't know why we were obsessed with the TD there when there was enough time to get the first down and continue the drive. I have no problem with a deep option, but no way should that have been a jailbreak play.

I had not really  focused on the fact that he bailed early. Hopefully, he'll get that sorted out.

Also agreed on the deep vertical nature of all those routes.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lord have mercy.

I had not really  focused on the fact that he bailed early. Hopefully, he'll get that sorted out.

Not that I advocate for it but scoring slowly would it have been more ideal as there was nearly a minute left giving the fish ample time to kick a field goal. The coaching staff's in ability to handle these types is infuriating and can be the difference between winning and losing. I just don't see the mental agility required to run a NFL offense in 2018 and beyond. 

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lord have mercy.

Go watch his Wyoming tape. He feels pressure and sometimes just books it out of there. If I were the Bills I would be adding 3 new offensive lineman to the team to give him the best offensive line you can. That's only way you are going to get him to stand in the pocket longer. Here's something to watch and then think about as we watch Allen progress. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Go watch his Wyoming tape. He feels pressure and sometimes just books it out of there. If I were the Bills I would be adding 3 new offensive lineman to the team to give him the best offensive line you can. That's only way you are going to get him to stand in the pocket longer. Here's something to watch and then think about as we watch Allen progress. 

His O-line in wyoming supposed to have sucked to ?

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

His long-ball to Foster a couple weeks ago was the picture of composure in a crowded pocket.

This past week:

And:

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am not saying he never stands in the pocket. The video I link too shows times where he does. I am saying that there are times where he prefers to roll out of the pocket instead. We saw that at times this past weekend. Just something to watch. 

After listening to WGR for a bit, I'm pretty sure Allen has shown enough that the fanbase is mostly in the "if you don't think he walks on water then you're not giving him enough credit" stage of the QB cycle. Saying "He had a good but imperfect game" is getting interpreted as "Oh, so you think he sucks?" It's pretty incredible.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

After listening to WGR for a bit, I'm pretty sure Allen has shown enough that the fanbase is mostly in the "if you don't think he walks on water then you're not giving him enough credit" stage of the QB cycle. Saying "He had a good but imperfect game" is getting interpreted as "Oh, so you think he sucks?" It's pretty incredible.

On the other hand, if the Bills thread here is all you read for Josh Allen takes, his career was over last October and we're just wasting time right now until we figure that out. 

It's also fairly incredible, in that none of the Allen optimists described are in here, while the balance of all Allen posts (including early ones by me) indicate that, without substantial changes he's toast 

I'm mostly exaggerating, but I also turned on WGR after the game and heard a lengthy discussion about how Allen needs to throw the last ball better, and fans in agreement. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Well there's your first mistake.

Seriously. There's part of me that can't stand how condescending Schopp is to many callers. There's another part of me that's like, "I get it, man. I get it."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.