Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

I'm lovin' me some Zay Jones. 

I don't understand that the flags flew all day long but the corner's play on the Jones drop on 3rd and 11 is fine suddenly. But I also don't want to sound like I'm blaming the game on the refs. 

Shame that Clay didn't catch that. But did anyone else think that a lot of Allen's throws had the duck spiral? I wonder what gives with that? 

He's fun to watch at least, I don't mind losing games like that at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Am I losing my mind? How are people saying Allen had a great game today? I’m seeing some on twitter saying he even looked like a franchise quarterback. That’s... insane.

He didn't look like a typical pocket assassin like Brady or Manning, but he was the only reason why the offense did anything today. Yes he missed some throws, but it was a do everything, carry the offense in your back type of game

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Jerry Hughes chased an official off the field. Says the ref called him a “bitch” (b-word if the filter catches it) and threatens him.

He did get held all game, including a blatant one on the last Miami TD. I was really surprised that one wasn't called to take away the stills catch.

Could be things escalated from asking about the not calls

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Josh Allen is the very least of the Bills' concerns at the moment. 

Yep.  Playing behind that "line" and with Robert Foster as his best receiver?  He's ok.  The team is a mess.  And I fear that It won''t get better for him.

They went from Eric Wood to hey, who can snap a ball?  2 other OL are gone.  The receivers are either garbage (KB) or learning (ZJ, RF).

The defense is going to lose a major contributor in January, because Williams, who can block three men at once (!) will retire.

I didn't want Taylor to leave, and I wanted the Bills to draft Rosen, not Allen, but this bad season is hardly on Allen's shoulders.

• Like (+1) 1

I kinda liked Allen's game. I don't think it was "wow that is some good NFL quarterbacking." But I had fun. He made plenty of throws I was really happy to see him make. Impressive throws. He missed plenty of throws he can't miss. But he's better than he was against San Diego by a fair margin and I'm at least excited to try and get some weapons around him. If the unforgivable stuff isn't gone by the end of next season, then we'll try again. 

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Am I losing my mind? How are people saying Allen had a great game today? I’m seeing some on twitter saying he even looked like a franchise quarterback. That’s... insane.

Yeah he was fun to watch and easy to root for but he doesn't make you feel like the mission is accomplished in finding a Superbowl caliber QB.  

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Yeah he was fun to watch and easy to root for but he doesn't make you feel like the mission is accomplished in finding a Superbowl caliber QB.  

Was anyone really expecting to feel this way about Josh Allen after playing in 8 NFL games with one of the worst supporting casts of OL, WR, TE, and RB we've ever seen? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

Was anyone really expecting to feel this way about Josh Allen after playing in 8 NFL games with one of the worst supporting casts of OL, WR, TE, and RB we've ever seen? 

No but many people are still doubting his abilities when those things are in place 

Does anyone here spend any time at Two Bills Drive?

The Kool Aid drinkers that predominate that forum make it pretty tough to take for me.  The conventional wisdom today seems to be that Josh Allen had some type of statement game.

IMO he showed very little of the skills he will need if he is going to remain in the league long term.

He simply doesn't read defenses and tends to throw when he sees someone who is wide open.  Tyrod did the same thing.

He has major accuracy issues and is very quick to forget about passing entirely and start running. 

Defenses will take that away from him eventually, and it's not game winning QB play even if they don't.

I think he a natural competitor and has a lot of intangibles in his favor, but he needs to do a lot of things he is not currently doing if he is going to survive.  

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

To be quite honest, I can't believe it's taken Jerry this long to snap. The guy has been egregiously held every single snap he's played for the last ~3 years

He might just be too black for the NFL.

USA! USA! USA!

Just now, Hoss said:

As it stands the Bills have the eighth pick. Had they lost one of the last two games they would be 5th. Had they lost both they’d first overall.

Who ***** cares about draft position?! When has it ever mattered?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.