Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

39 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Anyone want to address this?  What's the point of picking up Derek Anderson just to list him as inactive?

I'm not kidding, I think McDermott thought he found a diamond in the rough with Peterson.  He ended up just finding a rock, and he still can't deal with it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Anderson needed more than a week to pick up the offense. But seriously, Peterman better be cut tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If Peterman is still a Bill tomorrow morning, we need new management (again). 

He will be. In fact, I bet McDermott starts him next week. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Anyone want to address this?  What's the point of picking up Derek Anderson just to list him as inactive?

I'm not kidding, I think McDermott thought he found a diamond in the rough with Peterman.  He ended up just finding a rock, and he still can't deal with it.

Because, Buffalo. 

I'm glad Peterman's a white, Christian, man.   That way, it's easy to be condescending without evidence or personal risk.  I mean, it's much easier than the tiresome concepts tolerance, respect, graciousness and critical thinking.  Hell, the stuff practically writes itself!  The low hanging fruit of anonymous internet vitriol.  Speaking thereof, anyone seen Flag?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

I'm glad Peterman's a white, Christian, man.   That way, it's easy to be condescending without evidence or personal risk.  I mean, it's much easier than the tiresome concepts tolerance, respect, graciousness and critical thinking.  Hell, the stuff practically writes itself!  The low hanging fruit of anonymous internet vitriol.  Speaking thereof, anyone seen Flag?

What in the world do his skin color and religious beliefs have to do with the fact that he's a horrible quarterback at the professional level?

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm pretty sure most everyone knows why Peterman said that. He's clever, gotta give him that.

What is this based on?  Was he not religious before joining the Bills?

Maybe he knows he's been embarrassed on TV for the 3rd time in front of everyone he knows and he's at the end of his lifelong dream, and he's taking comfort where he believes he should.

Do you think everyone who professes religious beliefs is some kind of hustler?

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What in the world do his skin color and religious beliefs have to do with the fact that he's a horrible quarterback at the professional level?

Then why did you make the comment about him being white?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

What is this based on?  Was he not religious before joining the Bills?

Maybe he knows he's been embarrassed on TV for the 3rd time in front of everyone he knows and he's at the end of his lifelong dream, and he's taking comfort where he believes he should.

Do you think everyone who professes religious beliefs is some kind of hustler?

I'm guessing it's because him being a white Christian man is probably the only reason he has a job in the NFL right now.

Culture over strategy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

You're kidding, right?  

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm guessing it's because him being a white Christian man is probably the only reason he has a job in the NFL right now.

Culture over strategy.

Yep

• Like (+1) 1

It was kinda cool catching the first quarter and not really caring Much about the game, I mean the bills are my team, I enjoy the fantasy football contest and I want them to win, but this year the NFL has lost me, the overall thuggery, the stupid rules, etc etc. I can watch as almost an independant observer. I think it sucks that Peterman choked, but we all kind of expected him to. Either way, this team is going nowhere fast. Here's to hope the Sabres do well enough to mitigate the negative feelings towards the bills. 

9 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It was kinda cool catching the first quarter and not really caring Much about the game, I mean the bills are my team, I enjoy the fantasy football contest and I want them to win, but this year the NFL has lost me, the overall thuggery, the stupid rules, etc etc. I can watch as almost an independant observer. I think it sucks that Peterman choked, but we all kind of expected him to. Either way, this team is going nowhere fast. Here's to hope the Sabres do well enough to mitigate the negative feelings towards the bills. 

This is the first game since 2003 that I have ignored. I’m on vacation and decided that I had some memories to make, the likes of which the Bills just haven’t provided in the past 15 years. My day was planned around the game and I had the Sunday Ticket set up and everything, but shut her down.

I regret nothing ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Not for nothin', but what a  stupid f'n play to call there.

Oh, and our receivers still suck. Hard.

Listened to McDermott’s presser this morning. He may not have known what the play call was but his reaction when Peterman got to the sideline after the first interception was apparently telling him that checkdowns and short out routes weren’t going to help in that situation with zero timeouts.

There’s a few issues there. The game was tied so they just needed a field goal so those types of throws DO help if you’re not completely incompetent. Also... maybe if you didn’t mismanage the timeouts then you’d be fine.

The fake fourth down where they burned a timeout was brutal. It’s a common move but everyone watching knew they weren’t going for it. Just take the five yard penalty and punt or just punt in the first place.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Culture over strategy.

Let the church say “Amen.”

Unfreakingbelievable that McDermott affirmatively chose for his QB situation to play out this way.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

Culture over strategy.

Because the Bills management and coaching staff are obviously white, Christian folk and prefer white, Christian folk on the team and on their staffs?  And they will, as much as possible, fulfill this vision of a white-as-possible, Christian-as-possible football organization?  I just want to make sure this is what you're saying.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

You're kidding, right?  

Is this a "you're smarter than this..." response, AKA an evasion to actually stating the answer?  Because I want to know the answer.  I'm not "smarter than that."

10 minutes ago, ... said:

Because the Bills management and coaching staff are obviously white, Christian folk and prefer white, Christian folk on the team and on their staffs?  And they will, as much as possible, fulfill this vision of a white-as-possible, Christian-as-possible football organization?  I just want to make sure this is what you're saying. 

It's not what I am saying. It's what they have said.

17 minutes ago, ... said:

Swamp can speak for himself, but I am confident your iteration isn't quite what he's saying.

For my own part, and as I've said before, it's not that I perceive some grand plan on the part of McDermott to stack the roster with good white Christian men. But it does appear, to me, that McDermott's faith-based approach to coaching the game skews his perception and leads him to seeing things that just aren't there. There is no good explanation for why he has continued to place ... faith in Peterman other than perhaps McDermott's belief that Peterman's unshakable faith in his lord and saviour, Jesus Christ, would ultimately see him through the wilderness and into the promised land of competent NFL quarterbacking.

"God is good!" McDermott intoned in a locker room speech after one of the team's wins this year. Was the camo-hat-humping McDermott in that locker room after this loss proclaiming "God is good!"? Is God not now good because Peterman threw a pick six? What a load of crap. And I say that as someone who fervently believes that God is good. But not because a team won (or lost) a fookin' football game.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 5

Yes, we had this discussion before.  I don't necessarily disagree with it.  However, the "white" word has been injected into this, again, here on the board.  It's an ugly charge and the implication goes beyond the implied religious bias.  

What I really don't like about the conversation here is that it is danced around...sort of a "you know..." understanding rather than people directly stating what it is they're referring to.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.