Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

You are very slowly reaching PA levels of misery with the Bills :lol:

At least you still believe in Dahlin though

I'm not even miserable! The playoff run was awesome! I just think it was more good fortune smiling on us than a sign the regime really is a cut above. I honestly can't believe a season like this didn't happen in the previous 17 years. Bad teams fall into the NFL playoffs all the time! This just happened to be our turn.

Woof :lol: That was Mitch Trubisky and Glennon, right?

Ahem. That's Mitch "Better than every QB in this draft according to Eleven" Trubisky.

I'm not sure what your point is here? 

Is the Allen pick making you completely throw out all faith in the Bills FO?

I haven't had faith in them since they were hired. They say things that make me want to vomit. They use cliches and tropes not about football but about Buffalo and then claim to base personnel decision off of them. The Allen pick isn't the reason. I am willing to give Allen a chance. I willing to give the FO a chance but I don't trust them. They didn't earn trust because they lucked into a playoff spot with one of the worst passing offenses in the league. It took a literally miracle for them to make the playoffs. Andy Dalton threw not only a 4th down conversion but also a 43 yrd or something like that TD. 

So again, I don't owe them trust. I owe them nothing until they prove it wasn't a fluke and that they can develop a QB who makes the team competitive every year. Their QB coach has spent most of his career coaching WR and their OC isn't known for being innovative with his schemes.  They did nothing to fix the WR mess. They still have time but that doesn't give me much hope. Their RB is a year older playing behind a worse offensive line and they don't have anyone to replace him if he gets injured. There are a lot of issues with this team that were not addressed. I like some moves and hate others. I don't trust them because it takes more than 1 fluky playoff appearance to get that. 

I haven't had faith in them since they were hired. They say things that make me want to vomit. They use cliches and tropes not about football but about Buffalo and then claim to base personnel decision off of them. The Allen pick isn't the reason. I am willing to give Allen a chance. I willing to give the FO a chance but I don't trust them. They didn't earn trust because they lucked into a playoff spot with one of the worst passing offenses in the league. It took a literally miracle for them to make the playoffs. Andy Dalton threw not only a 4th down conversion but also a 43 yrd or something like that TD. 

So again, I don't owe them trust. I owe them nothing until they prove it wasn't a fluke and that they can develop a QB who makes the team competitive every year. Their QB coach has spent most of his career coaching WR and their OC isn't known for being innovative with his schemes.  They did nothing to fix the WR mess. They still have time but that doesn't give me much hope. Their RB is a year older playing behind a worse offensive line and they don't have anyone to replace him if he gets injured. There are a lot of issues with this team that were not addressed. I like some moves and hate others. I don't trust them because it takes more than 1 fluky playoff appearance to get that. 

I mean I didn't say you owe them anything, or that the playoff run wasn't a fluke. Pretty sure this all started because the question was asked why people are pumping up Allen and doubting Dahlin

And got obliterated by several others. Anywho, it was merely a rebuttal to Freeman's obviously false claim of more quality wins than in the last 17 years combined. 

In that 17-year drought, there was 1 good win vs the Pats and 1 vs the Packers, both at home.

Last year, they beat Denver at home, Atlanta (SB team the previous year) on the road, Miami (playoff team the previous year) twice, the Raiders (playoff team the previous year) at home and KC (playoffs last year and the previous year) on the road.

The Atlanta and KC road wins alone were better than the total number of good wins during the drought.

I mean I didn't say you owe them anything, or that the playoff run wasn't a fluke. Pretty sure this all started because the question was asked why people are pumping up Allen and doubting Dahlin

People are pumping Allen for unknown reasons. The Dahlin doubt is just silly. 

In that 17-year drought, there was 1 good win vs the Pats and 1 vs the Packers, both at home.

Last year, they beat Denver at home, Atlanta (SB team the previous year) on the road, Miami (playoff team the previous year) twice, the Raiders (playoff team the previous year) at home and KC (playoffs last year and the previous year) on the road.

The Atlanta and KC road wins alone were better than the total number of good wins during the drought.

There's no way in 17 years there was only 2 good wins. We beat Miami and NYJ teams in that time frame that were good, at the very least

Denver, Miami, and Oakland were all bad last year. This is the NFL, the previous season's record is pretty meaningless. None of those were quality wins.

Denver, Miami, and Oakland were all bad last year. This is the NFL, the previous season's record is pretty meaningless. None of those were quality wins.

Yup. 

I am optimistic for the Bills because you always are going into a season but man, they have a lot of question marks to overcome. 

Why does it even matter whether wins are quality or not.  By the most basic standard out there, they had 9 quality wins last year.  With any given season, that is all that matters.

Why does it even matter whether wins are quality or not. By the most basic standard out there, they had 9 quality wins last year. With any given season, that is all that matters.

*I* certainly don't care in the sense that it ended the drought and all of the commentary that comes with it. But when Freeman planted a flag in the ground declaring how impressive their win total was, inferring a level of capability of the regime, I took issue with that.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

So I should be less skeptical of Allen because of the Bills front office and more skeptical of Dahlin because of the Sabres front office?

I think it's more...

The Sabres have sucked, have over promised and under delivered, and will continue to suck until I see otherwise. I can be excited about the individual Dahlin, but until the prove it, I won't believe in that FO or the team

I doubted everything the Bills did, and they proved me wrong; even if they were lucky to get in. They have a clear vision and direction, said they wouldn't tank and kept by that, said they would get a QB and got one...the Bills FO has done exactly what they said they would do, even though I doubted it. I may not be excited about Allen, but this FO has given me no reason to doubt them, so maybe I should believe in them and the team

Edited by WildCard

*I* certainly don't care in the sense that it ended the drought and all of the commentary that comes with it. But when Freeman planted a flag in the ground declaring how impressive their win total was, inferring a level of capability of the regime, I took issue with that.

Not the win total.  The fact that they put up quality wins -- including road wins -- after a generation of failing to do so -- IMHO reflects well on McD.

My concerns about the Bills have to do with what they will do with Josh Allen now that they have him.

Josh Allen was described in the draft process as the QB who needs the most development, “He needs to sit a year” “He needs to learn behind a Veteran QB” “He needs a strong offensive coaching staff to aid in his development” are all phrases used to describe him.

Neither Brian Daboll or David Culley have experience in developing a young QB. Culley hasn’t been a full time QB Coach since Ronald Reagan was The President. Compare this to Carson Wentz who has coached by Doug Pedersen, Frank Reich and John Deflippo. Patrick Mahomes has Andy Reid. Deshaun Watson has Bill O’Brien, Jared Goff has Sean Mc Vay both have strong offensive backgrounds.

When the Bills decided to sign AJ McCarron to go with Peterman they have Two QBs with a total of five starts between them. Not exactly the veteran leadership Allen needs.

And Brandon Beane is on record saying that the QB Job is an open competition and it’s not fair to the other 52 guys on the roster if Josh is the best of the QBs and he is on the bench.

I do like the moves the Front Office has done to revamp the defense and the team appears to enjoy playing for McDermott.

That being said if Von Miller doesn’t pull the fake hand shake move or if the Ravens do not lose in the most Billsy Way possible on a 53 yard TD Pass on a 4th and 12, the drought lives.

Don’t get me wrong I’m ecstatic they made the playoffs but Beane walked into a much better situation in the Bills as it’s easier to get rid of bad contracts and turn over a roster in the NFL, then the NHL.

In comparison Jason Botterill walked into an organization that has a Top Center, but many glaring deficiencies including minimal depth and a roster of players too slow to play today’s game. Botterill deserves a lot of the credit for the depth of the Pittsburgh Roster and was thought highly enough by ownership to survive the GM Change. I have just as much faith in Botterill as Beane, maybe a little more as he ignored hand size, Buffalo Weather Conditions and lack of pull-ups when choosing his first ever draft pick as a GM

Neither Brian Daboll or David Culley have experience in developing a young QB. Culley hasn’t been a full time QB Coach since Ronald Reagan was The President. Compare this to Carson Wentz who has coached by Doug Pedersen, Frank Reich and John Deflippo. Patrick Mahomes has Andy Reid. Deshaun Watson has Bill O’Brien, Jared Goff has Sean Mc Vay both have strong offensive backgrounds.

For what it's worth, Andy Reid and David Culley have been together since 99, Reid's first year as a head coach.  Granted, that wasn't as a QB coach, but Reid must have some amount of respect for the guy to keep him for nearly 2 decades.

For what it's worth, Andy Reid and David Culley have been together since 99, Reid's first year as a head coach. Granted, that wasn't as a QB coach, but Reid must have some amount of respect for the guy to keep him for nearly 2 decades.

As a WR coach. Nothing like getting a project qb and a guy who's been a WR coach since 1999 to develop him. Fanfreakingtastic Edited by Skurk Liger

And as senior offensive assistant and then assistant head coach.

Doesn't inspire confidence in his qb ability.

My concerns about the Bills have to do with what they will do with Josh Allen now that they have him.

Josh Allen was described in the draft process as the QB who needs the most development, “He needs to sit a year” “He needs to learn behind a Veteran QB” “He needs a strong offensive coaching staff to aid in his development” are all phrases used to describe him.

When the Bills decided to sign AJ McCarron to go with Peterman they have Two QBs with a total of five starts between them. Not exactly the veteran leadership Allen needs.

And Brandon Beane is on record saying that the QB Job is an open competition and it’s not fair to the other 52 guys on the roster if Josh is the best of the QBs and he is on the bench.

I do like the moves the Front Office has done to revamp the defense and the team appears to enjoy playing for McDermott.

That being said if Von Miller doesn’t pull the fake hand shake move or if the Ravens do not lose in the most Billsy Way possible on a 53 yard TD Pass on a 4th and 12, the drought lives.

Don’t get me wrong I’m ecstatic they made the playoffs but Beane walked into a much better situation in the Bills as it’s easier to get rid of bad contracts and turn over a roster in the NFL, then the NHL.

In comparison Jason Botterill walked into an organization that has a Top Center, but many glaring deficiencies including minimal depth and a roster of players too slow to play today’s game. Botterill deserves a lot of the credit for the depth of the Pittsburgh Roster and was thought highly enough by ownership to survive the GM Change. I have just as much faith in Botterill as Beane, maybe a little more as he ignored hand size, Buffalo Weather Conditions and lack of pull-ups when choosing his first ever draft pick as a GM

Yes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.