Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Ignore these "experts" who don't know what the hell they're talking about. He was first team All-ACC this past season for a reason. Wyatt came to Tech as a top DL recruit but was switched to OL as a freshman. He is a weight room freak and blew up from around 265 to 315 over his 5 years at Tech. Is an absolute road grater as a run blocker. If VT needed tough yards they ran left behind Teller. He destroys guys and plays angry (which occasionally leads to some Incognito-type penalties). Good athlete. ...I can't for the life of me imagine he isn't an upgrade over a guy like Vlad Ducasse (although I guess we shall see).

Isn't he going to play LG.  Incognito is gone.

Sal Maioranna (sp?) just wrote a piece claiming the Bills only acquired one starter in the 2018 draft. He might be right but unfortunately I think both the DT and OG they drafted will be starting as well.

Isn't that sort of normal?  If your team has 1 pick in each round, you'd think the R1 guys start in their first year and every other guy seems the field in Y1 and becomes a starter later.

Plus, the last time the Bills came away with "2 starters" it was Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland so.....

Isn't that sort of normal? If your team has 1 pick in each round, you'd think the R1 guys start in their first year and every other guy seems the field in Y1 and becomes a starter later.

Plus, the last time the Bills came away with "2 starters" it was Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland so.....

Well the starters should come from you early picks in theory. We could have a 3dd and a 5th starting. I think they are going to be decent players but it's symtpomatic of a team with a lot of holes and no depth.

I think most teams expect only their 1st round picks to be Day 1 starters... unless the first-rounder is a QB.

Tremaine should start, obviously. I think Wyatt Teller has a good shot to start if Incognito doesn't return. Not sure Incognito is gone though... sometimes older vets retire or hold out to get out of OTAs and/or training camp.

Well the starters should come from you early picks in theory. We could have a 3dd and a 5th starting. I think they are going to be decent players but it's symtpomatic of a team with a lot of holes and no depth.

Well, yeah, but every now and then it's a sign of smart drafting (Matt Milano last year).

If you're going to trade up for guys, it has to be for the critical positions and you have to get it right.  At least they picked the right positions this time around to do it.  

Every other year, I'd rather they traded down and got more picks to help their odds of finding guys and getting some depth.  

Unrelated: We signed Gerhard de Beer as a UFA lineman.  Best name in Buffalo Bills history?  Or at least the perfect name for the current BillsMafia culture?  Also, he's from South Africa so he probably has Diplomatic Immunity. #LethalWeapon2

Ripped form 26CB post on TSW (thanks 26CB) from Beane's interview on WGR today

#Bills general manager Brandon Beane joins Howard and Jeremy right now on WGR!

Beane - Josh is big, strong, and athletic. He had to earn everything, he earned his spot on Wyoming's team. He was that team. I get the stats, but there were games where he barely threw the ball. He's more than just a passer, he's a complete player. #Bills

Beane - I think he is Buffalo. The fans will realize why we picked him. He will have to earn everything and work hard to play for the #Bills.

Beane - we looked at all of these guys, looking at their progressions and where these guys go. Josh has done that in college. We put each of the QBs through mental testing while meeting with them, and Josh did very well. #Bills

Beane - we really liked Josh Allen. We liked the other QBs too, but we knew he was a fit here as a person and a player. He had a lot of things that we liked, but we felt if we got Josh, we'll have a good fit here. #Bills

Beane - The Pegulas were here for support and to meet Josh. If he earns his way to the No. 1 QB spot, he will be the face of the franchise. That's important from the ownership's standpoint. It was my decision in the end on which QB we took, and I understand what goes with that.

Beane - Allen will come in as the No. 3 QB on the roster. McCarron and Peterman will be ahead of them. Allen has some catching up to do. He ends up winning the starting job, but everything is a competition. #Bills

Beane - Allen will come in as the No. 3 QB on the roster. McCarron and Peterman will be ahead of them. Allen has some catching up to do. If he ends up winning the starting job, he wins the job. Everything is a competition. #Bills

Beane - Allen lost sight of what he should have been deleting with the tweets. He was embarrassed about them, but he didn't make excuses. He understands he will have to come in here and set the record straight with his teammates. #Bills

Beane - we talked about the situation before the draft, and we all felt comfortable with the situation. #Bills

Beane - this was not a strong WR class to begin with. It started to drop off after the first few guys. We were looking for some more weapons, but we had to trust our board. #Bills

Beane - We're not done. We're continuing to look and get some weapons on offense before our first game in September. ##Bills

Beane - Tremaine is a great, young man. Very mature for a 19-year-old. We do have a hole at LB. I think he will come in and help very quickly, but he will have to earn it. #Bills

Beane on not selecting a WR earlier: “It wasn’t a strong receiver class. We would’ve liked to have added more weapons. But we wanted to stay true to our board.” Said he didn’t want to miss taking another good player just because they wanted a WR.

Beane on Allen - "He wasn't the only guy that we'd have been happy to take".

That's...revealing.

If happy to take someone further down the board, you probably don't trade up.

Beane - Dez Bryant is a very good player. He may not be the same player he was five years ago, but he's still a very good player. It's something we'll talk about. #Bills

Beane - It is a sense of relief that we were able to make the playoffs, deal with our salary cap, and now we're heading in the right direction. Happy we didn't have to deal any of the picks in the 2019 NFL Draft. #Bills

Beane - we really haven't focued on Kelvin Benjamin's contract situatuion. We'll see how he fits in with Daboll's offense and the quarterbacks over the summer, and then we'll go from there. #Bills

Beane - two of the teams we spoke to wanted multiple first rounders in a trade up in the #NFLDraft. That was off the table, especially the 2019 1st round pick. #Bills

Beane - Tremaine Edmunds was just too good of a value player to not go up and get him where we did. #Bills

Ripped form 26CB post on TSW (thanks 26CB) from Beane's interview on WGR today

Beane on Allen - "He wasn't the only guy that we'd have been happy to take".

That's...revealing.

Meaning Mayfield and Darnold were the other guys. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.