Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

The NFL draft mouths have no credibility in my book. Even if they are connected and do get actual info, which I'm highly suspicious of, there has been so much waffling, flip flopping, and double talk I don't think anyone can make heads or tails of anything at this point.

That Schefter Tweet has misdirection written all over it.

The Browns want someone -- the Jets, you'd think -- to think they're taking Mayfield. The idea being, the Browns are okay with taking Allen and would invite moving back to 3 so they can add picks.

I mean they have picks: 1, 4, 33, 35, 64, 114, 150, 175, 188.  I would be a little surprised if they really need more. 

I mean they have picks: 1, 4, 33, 35, 64, 114, 150, 175, 188.  I would be a little surprised if they really need more. 

Fair point. But my thought is that they might want to move back from 1 to 3 in exchange for, say, another pick in the top 50, another in the top 100, and then give back one or more of 150, 175, and 188. Keep the same number of picks, but move up.

That Schefter Tweet has misdirection written all over it.

The Browns want someone -- the Jets, you'd think -- to think they're taking Mayfield. The idea being, the Browns are okay with taking Allen and would invite moving back to 3 so they can add picks.

Why would Schefter tweet something about other HC / GMs opinions as a misdirection for the Browns ? 

They were 0-16. And they're the Browns. They could use every pick in every round and still might need all of next year's draft before they stumble onto the right players.

They were 0-16. And they're the Browns. They could use every pick in every round and still might need all of next year's draft before they stumble onto the right players.

I mean this is really the issue here

I gotta hand it to the TSW, they have some pretty funny threads about draft day feelings. Think I might steal some of them and use them for the lottery Saturday 

I gotta hand it to the TSW, they have some pretty funny threads about draft day feelings. Think I might steal some of them and use them for the lottery Saturday 

Just hopped over for some light reading. There is a "Pegula jet tracker" thread. I was not disappointed. 

@AdamSchefter

A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

The NFL draft mouths have no credibility in my book. Even if they are connected and do get actual info, which I'm highly suspicious of, there has been so much waffling, flip flopping, and double talk I don't think anyone can make heads or tails of anything at this point.

You know what they do get though?  Clicks.  The whole act is intentional.

@AdamSchefter
A theory two people in the past hour now have floated: another team plotted to have Josh Allen’s racially insensitive tweets put out just before the draft in order to increase the chances he would fall in the draft to that team.

That theory is backwards. If anything there's a GM out there right now who likes Allen even more. 

I hope they're right. I really like Baker and want to be able to cheer for him. Couldn't do that if he landed with the Jets. The Browns? Sure, I can root for him there.

Think that kinda screws us though. That means the Jets take Rosen, and we're left with Darnold. And that's if we trade up

Edited by Jokertecken

Think that kinda screws us though. That means the Jets take Rosen, and we're left with Darnold. And that's if we trade up

Part of me thinks anyone other than Darnold #1 kinda screws us. I know Barkley is all the talk, but that also all emerged while people were thinking Darnold was going to Cleveland. If Darnold is there at #2, I think the Giants take him. Jets settle on Rosen or Mayfield, whichever is left, leaving us with Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. That scenario plays out for any non-Darnold QB at 1. 

Personally, I'm gearing up for us taking Rudolph at 12 and being incredibly sad about it.

Part of me thinks anyone other than Darnold #1 kinda screws us. I know Barkley is all the talk, but that also all emerged while people were thinking Darnold was going to Cleveland. If Darnold is there at #2, I think the Giants take him. Jets settle on Rosen or Mayfield, whichever is left, leaving us with Allen/Jackson/Rudolph. That scenario plays out for any non-Darnold QB at 1. 

Personally, I'm gearing up for us taking Rudolph at 12 and being incredibly sad about it.

Boy, that'd be dumb. He'll be there at 22.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.