Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

First Weekend in October 2013, they did live local coverage for 72 hours as the Bills played on Thursday Night and the Sabres had a back to back versus Ottawa and Pittsburgh. The Bills game was a 37-24 Loss to Cleveland during which EJ Manuel suffered a knee injury and the Sabres lost 1-0 and 4-1. Sports Thunder became synonymous with failure of Buffalo Sports Teams. Tempting fate again could lead to disastrous results.

Screw the sports gods and their ill will. I'm about to start a GDT for next year with Dahlin and Tavares in the lineup at this point 

That's valid.  

Sorry I am just really salty about the because Buffalo woe is me attitude that gets tossed out. If the guys at 1 bills drive can't figure out which QB will make it and go get him then they probably shouldn't be at 1 bills drive. 

There was a pretty extensive study done (last year I think) that showed pretty conclusively that NFL teams that trade down in the draft are much more successful than the teams that trade up.

I’m not going looking for it while I’m at work though.

After reading that report I’m not convinced that we should be trading up to get our QB.

There was a pretty extensive study done (last year I think) that showed pretty conclusively that NFL teams that trade down in the draft are much more successful than the teams that trade up.

After reading that report I’m not convinced that we should be trading up to get our QB.

I don't think that report accurately reflects trading up for a QB

Oh cool, how are we getting our QB then? 

The chances of picking a good quarterback are pretty random. I think getting one of these marquis QB's this year would just prolong getting to SB for three more years. Get the best athlete available with Sean's desired character. If one is a QB, great, but if they pull another Sammy Watkins, I'll be in the fetal position as I was in 2015. We are still paying that mortgage. 

God DAMMIT, Beane.

Appearing on the team-produced "One Bills Live," the Buffalo Bills' general manager was asked by co-host Steve Tasker who will have a seat at the team's draft table later this week.

"It'll be me, Sean, Kim and Terry, Joe Schoen, Terrence Gray, who's our college director, and then Russ Brandon," Beane said. "So that'll be us."

God DAMMIT, Beane.

Appearing on the team-produced "One Bills Live," the Buffalo Bills' general manager was asked by co-host Steve Tasker who will have a seat at the team's draft table later this week.

"It'll be me, Sean, Kim and Terry, Joe Schoen, Terrence Gray, who's our college director, and then Russ Brandon," Beane said. "So that'll be us."

I'm not sure what you're pissed at.  Brandon's presence?  If that's it, I'm with you.  The guy doesn't need to be there to perform administrative and marketing functions.

I'm not sure what you're pissed at.  Brandon's presence?  If that's it, I'm with you.  The guy doesn't need to be there to perform administrative and marketing functions.

For sure.

To be sure, he doesn't have to be there for administrative and marketing functions.

I firmly believe that that he's NOT there for those kinds of reasons. That he's there for other reasons. Like, oh, I don't know, being there for the purpose of WEIGHING IN ON FOOTBALL PERSONNEL ISSUES.

For sure.

To be sure, he doesn't have to be there for administrative and marketing functions.

I firmly believe that that he's NOT there for those kinds of reasons. That he's there for other reasons. Like, oh, I don't know, being there for the purpose of WEIGHING IN ON FOOTBALL PERSONNEL ISSUES.

I wish everyone, for better or worse, would be resigned to that fact and move on with their lives but it will be an issue as long as he's with the team.

For sure.

I firmly believe that that he's NOT there for those kinds of reasons. That he's there for other reasons. Like, oh, I don't know, being there for the purpose of WEIGHING IN ON FOOTBALL PERSONNEL ISSUES.

Devil's advocate: there are worse things that could happen than a marketing guy to be whispering "quarterback" into Beane's ear :)

That's all I've got.

I saw on CBSsports a couple of interesting trade ideas for the Bills that I really liked.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-21-trades-256-picks-and-draft-class-analysis-for-all-32-teams/

1)  Bills trade 12, 96 and next year's No.1 to Cleve for the 4th pick

2)  Bills trade picks 56 and 65 to the NYG for 34.

By doing this we'd upgrade our 1st 1st and our second 2nd significantly and still walk away with 4 high quality players at 4, 22, 34 and 53 for the cost of our 2 3rd rd pick and our 1st next year. 

I also like 3 of the 4 selections from CBS Mayfield, Wynn (G, UGA :) and the LB Leonard at 53.   The pick I don't like is DJ Moore for Maryland at 34.  I think we could do better with that pick but an extra wideout isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Provided he sits in the corner and gives absolutely no input into the picks, have no issue w/ him being in the room.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.