Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

A little side Gretzky story - I was in grad school at UB in '82 and my buddy's dad gave us his tickets for 2/24/82 for the Oilers. Just happened to be the night Gretzky broke Espo's record. After the game, we went to Mulligan's on Hertel to hook up with some other classmates. Gretzky, Semenko, and few other Oilers showed up and my buddy was brave enough to ask Gretzky to do a shot for my b-day. Wayne and Semenko said yes with no hesitation and proceeded to set up about 12 B-52 shots on the bar. We toasted happy b-day and we then left them alone. True story but alas no pics to prove it. 

A little side Gretzky story - I was in grad school at UB in '82 and my buddy's dad gave us his tickets for 2/24/82 for the Oilers. Just happened to be the night Gretzky broke Espo's record. After the game, we went to Mulligan's on Hertel to hook up with some other classmates. Gretzky, Semenko, and few other Oilers showed up and my buddy was brave enough to ask Gretzky to do a shot for my b-day. Wayne and Semenko said yes with no hesitation and proceeded to set up about 12 B-52 shots on the bar. We toasted happy b-day and we then left them alone. True story but alas no pics to prove it. 

That's pretty awesome. What a hell of a cool birthday. 

Also I feel like this is the most Buffalo thing. You do the shot and then you let them be. IME (in my experience) I have seen multiple Sabres outside of the arena and no one seems to bother them. Some hello's and head nods, the occasional small kid getting a high five but all in all, people are pretty chill when they see them out. 

You guys forgot to add your proposed solution for the Bills at QB until the new pick is ready. 

I think either 1 of the Vikings guys (whoever is released) or Maybe take a shot at AJ McCarron. I think Nick Foles will cost too much and if I am drafting a QB, I am not trading picks for another one. 

I've said it a few times, McCaron

McCarron isn't going to wow anyone but he could be a solid placeholder for a year. Idk, after seeing so much of him in college he doesn't really excite me but he is an option. 

I think either 1 of the Vikings guys (whoever is released) or Maybe take a shot at AJ McCarron. I think Nick Foles will cost too much and if I am drafting a QB, I am not trading picks for another one. 

McCarron isn't going to wow anyone but he could be a solid placeholder for a year. Idk, after seeing so much of him in college he doesn't really excite me but he is an option. 

So you think the Bills will contend with McCarron or one of the Vikings' castoffs ? I'm not willing to wait a couple more years if other experienced QBs are available that give us a better chance. 

What other experienced QB's? 

My comment was meant as an alternative to McCarron - I'm leery of Bradford and Bridgewater due to injuries. 

So alternatives to McCarron - Foles / Cousins / Keenum / Fitz / McCown / Moore / even Kaepernick if the blacklist is lifted.

My comment was meant as an alternative to McCarron - I'm leery of Bradford and Bridgewater due to injuries. 

So alternatives to McCarron - Foles / Cousins / Keenum / Fitz / McCown / Moore / even Kaepernick if the blacklist is lifted.

I wouldn't mine any of the ones you listed as long as I can get them for money only. 

Has anyone seen this before?

I found this article that does a really good job of predicting successful NFL QBs before they are drafted. It isn't perfect (it projected Jared Goff to be a bust) but it does a good job of telling you which QBs to avoid. I think it actually projected Dak to be a success. For this upcoming crop of QBs, if I did the numbers correctly, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph all project to be successful. Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield are projected as busts. Check it out, they list their results and you can use the decision tree like I did to see which prospects fall under which category.

http://duelingdata.blogspot.com/2017/04/predicting-qb-success-in-nfl.html

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/964603324761890816

From Rapoport: On the #Panthers GM opening: Now that he was fully cleared, interim Marty Hurney is once again considered the favorite for the full-time job, I'm told. Not a surprise, that's where he was pre-leave. Should wrap up, too.

Lake Dawson had 2 interviews with Carolina for the GM job, but it looks like they'll stick with their own guy. Him and Leslie Frazier both stick with our team for at least another season which is good for us

Watched a lot of breakdown of Jackson and Rudolph and 1 of Allen.

Rudolph is the best pocket guy but his passes have less velocity then the other 2. He's accurate but I also think he had way better receivers.

Jackson makes reads where Rudolph doesn't. He throws harder and his foot work isn't great. Rudolph throws from a better base. Jackson's accuracy isn't a concern for me.

Both Jackson and Rudolph make good throws and at all levels. I think Jackson has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor. Rudolph not making a lot of reads worries me.

Rudolph has slightly better touch. But Jackson is good. I noticed a lot of drops from his receivers. I noticed Jackson over threw receivers too. Usually he was throwing off base but still.

Allen is a mess. Canon arm. Never seems to throw set. A lot of play action passes. Does do progressions but sometimes makes the wrong read. Very athletic. When he does sit in the pocket, he will make good throws. He's started a ton less games then the other 2 and honestly that's not a good thing. He's got major bust potential. His accuracy is meh. He has no touch sometimes just guns it.

If I'm buffalo I'm thinking about Rudolph. If I'm giving my honest opinion, Jackson still gives me the best feeling. He looks right when he steps up in the pocket. He steps up a lot and he works hard. I'm taking Jackson at 21.

Edited by SkuggaLiger

Watched a lot of breakdown of Jackson and Rudolph and 1 of Allen.

Rudolph is the best pocket guy but his passes have less velocity then the other 2. He's accurate but I also think he had way better receivers.

Jackson makes reads where Rudolph doesn't. He throws harder and his foot work isn't great. Rudolph throws from a better base. Jackson's accuracy isn't a concern for me.

Both Jackson and Rudolph make good throws and at all levels. I think Jackson has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor. Rudolph not making a lot of reads worries me.

Rudolph has slightly better touch. But Jackson is good. I noticed a lot of drops from his receivers. I noticed Jackson over threw receivers too. Usually he was throwing off base but still.

Allen is a mess. Canon arm. Never seems to throw set. A lot of play action passes. Does do progressions but sometimes makes the wrong read. Very athletic. When he does sit in the pocket, he will make good throws. He's started a ton less games then the other 2 and honestly that's not a good thing. He's got major bust potential. His accuracy is meh. He has no touch sometimes just guns it.

If I'm buffalo I'm thinking about Rudolph. If I'm giving my honest opinion, Jackson still gives me the best feeling. He looks right when he steps up in the pocket. He steps up a lot and he works hard. I'm taking Jackson at 21.

There's always the chance Jackson might not be there @ 21/22, especially after the combine. Lots of teams need QBs if the draft order stays as is.

Who would you say was completing the most heavily contested throws? I want the guy who hits his receivers with a defender draped all over them.

Jackson threw guys open and hit tight windows.

Rudolph less so but that's because of the timing routes that he tossed at

There's always the chance Jackson might not be there @ 21/22, especially after the combine. Lots of teams need QBs if the draft order stays as is.

Very true

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.