John's Team  

46 members have voted

1. 1. His team will be...

• New York Islanders
    • NYI
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto

He really does have the power to completely change not only the NHL landscape, but how FA and franchise players are handled and how teams are created going forward; a-la Garnette and Ray Allen

I think the only unique thing about it would be if Tavares does the alleged 1-year max deal with Toronto.

Oh, and KG and Ray Allen were traded, not free agents :p

I think the only unique thing about it would be if Tavares does the alleged 1-year max deal with Toronto.

Oh, and KG and Ray Allen were traded, not free agents :P

God dammit. Fine, LeBron and Bosh then! :D

He'd be the first franchise guy to leave for a new team in FA

i am going to be honest. if the sabres got JT, they could trade ROR for a solid Defenseman, and they would be a serious contender for the playoffs. I think the sabres are really only 1 or 2 good scorers and 1 defenseman away from being good and 2 years away from being really good (giving eich, mittlestadt, and dahlin some time to develop further). i think ROR is probably a problem in the clubhouse or at least there is some contention between him and eichel.

i truly believe that ullmark is the goalie the future in buffalo. 

that being said, i think he will be in an islanders jersey next year

We're way further than 2-3 good players away from playoff contention - especially if you're swapping a good player (ROR) for another.  Our differential was -80.  We're 30% higher in negative differential then the best teams differential (+56).  Obviously differential isn't everything but IMO we're years away from a playoff team.  There's much to fix that must and will come from the many prospects we have coming.   

For me, the good news is, when we are a playoff team we should be in the cup conversation soon after.  All the young talent should be ready relatively together in terms of time line - so I believe we'll catapult quickly in 2-3 years. 

@PierreVLeBrun

One thing to keep in mind, by the way, is that if Tavares decides he wants to stay put, he needs to sign with the Isles by Saturday at midnight to get an 8-year deal otherwise can only sign for 7 years with the Isles, like any other team, as of Sunday, July 1

@BDGallof

Lots of uncertainty right now on the #TavaresWatch front with this very sobering quote to me this morning:  “...he (JT) doesn’t feel he owes allegiance to ‘new’ organization as he did to those he made promise to.” #isles

The difference is, he's correct and you aren't.

I have to respect the NBA because they know how to run a league. The polar opposite of the NHL. The last few years, the style of play, especially in the playoffs has drawn me in. Seeing the amazing things the guys can do is entertaining. With the NHL, the scoring and play making is so muted, the best players blend in with JAG on a nightly basis.

@BDGallof
Lots of uncertainty right now on the #TavaresWatch front with this very sobering quote to me this morning:  “...he (JT) doesn’t feel he owes allegiance to ‘new’ organization as he did to those he made promise to.” #isles

But our only options to choose from in the poll were Islanders or Islanders....

I'm going down with this ship

Fwiw I've seen some reports that it's between the Island and SJ

I've read San Jose, Isles or Toronto.  FML if the leafs get him.  I guess he met with management again in Toronto.  But also heard SJ is real possibility too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.