3. 3. The Kinks

• Lola
    • Waterloo Sunset
    • You Really Got Me
    • All Day and All of the Night
    • Come Dancing ;)
    • Tired of Waiting for You
    • Other

Outlaws - Green Grass and High Tides.............. Played it for my early 20 daughters 2 weeks ago..... they had never heard it.

Yes, was stuck berween that and Riders.

Just remembered Stevie Miller Fly Like and Eagle or Abracadabra

I've added a couple of polls for the Who, Zeppelin and Bowie.  Lets see how they go and see if we can start finalizing this list.  

How about some one hit wonders like

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Dexy - Come on Eileen

If you are going there, Devo: Whip It

Love this thread may have to print the entire thing and then start downloading.

PS Pat Benetar’s Hell’s for Children...in High School used to get stoned and watch her nasty expressions on MTV and marvel. PS Is MTV still around?

Fly like an eagle already on the list. What about wild cherry - play that funky music?

Missed it sorry.

Rock Lobster is the best B-52's song and I will fight about it.

Love Shack all day

Ever lose your....music mood? It sucks, a lot. So props to GA for this thread, cause it's been about two years since I listened to the Clash and all this, and man did I miss it

Love this thread may have to print the entire thing and then start downloading.

PS Pat Benetar’s Hell’s for Children...in High School used to get stoned and watch her nasty expressions on MTV and marvel. PS Is MTV still around?

Missed it sorry.

If there's Devo, why not B52s?  Love Shack?

Own Private Idaho?

Planet Claire?

B-52 is already on the list - Love Shack - I don't know if it is their best, but it's my favorite.

Pat Benetar is also on the list with Love is a Battlefield.  This one is not locked in stone, so suggestions are welcome.

Love Shack all day

Ever lose your....music mood? It sucks, a lot. So props to GA for this thread, cause it's been about two years since I listened to the Clash and all this, and man did I miss it

This is why I make the play lists.  My digital library is on a RAID attached to my home computer network and consists of thousands of music files, from rock to blue grass to Broadway to jazz to country to classical.  The only way to enjoy it is build these lists to discover what is on the RAID.

If anyone is interested I'll post other playlists I've created, my favorites are the new wave, ladies name songs, one word titles, fun country and Funk It Up.  The fun country playlist started as a list of country songs that made me laugh, such as Big & Rich's Save A Horse (Ride a Cowboy), Backwards by Rascal Flatts or Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith.  However, my favorite fun country song is Those Jeans by Ray Scott. (Video Below)

Edited by Georgia Flakt

B-52 is already on the list - Love Shack - I don't know if it is their best, but it's my favorite.

I'll allow it.

If anyone is interested I'll post other playlists I've created, my favorites are the new wave, ladies name songs, one word titles, fun country and Funk It Up.  The fun country playlist started as a list of country songs that made me laugh, such as Big & Rich's Save A Horse (Ride a Cowboy), Backwards by Rascal Flatts or Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith.  However, my favorite fun country song is Those Jeans by Ray Scott. (Video Below)

How about Friends in Low Places? Call Me By My Name? Don't Give Me No Lies and Keep Your Hands to Yourself?

Fodder for another thread perhaps.

I'd go with Wild Women of Wongo, but it probably has to be She's a Beauty.

She's a Beauty was tripe, IMHO. YMMV. ;)

Talk to Ya Later was their best song. Don't Want to Wait Anymore their best ballad. And What Do You Want From Life their definitive song.

For pure fun, hard to choose between White Punks on Dope or Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. (Some awesome lines in that latter one: She grew & grew, I freaked & stared; to my distress, got a 50 ft woman in a 5 ft dress; she left me there, though I tried & tried, a 50' woman's never satisfied. :lol:)

Me too.

It seemed like back in the 1970s, 97 Rock would play that song at about 1 or 2 in the morning when I was cleaning up at Roma Italian Restaurant on Genesee in Cheektowaga.  It always made the cook scrub his counter faster and made me mop faster.  :D

I hate to bring him up as an artist due to his current forays into political... ummm.... thought, but do you have any Ted Nugent on your list?  Great White Buffalo has obvious hometown appeal, but Stranglehold is an awesome guitar jam.

I'd go with Wild Women of Wongo, but it probably has to be She's a Beauty.

White punks on dope.

Edit- beaten to the punch.

The Tubes was my second concert ever. First season of outdoor concerts at Darien Lake, back when they were in the park.

Edited by We've

Voted "OTHER" For Hendrix b/c the thought of limiting his work to a few selections on a play list is stupid.

I would have voted for "all of the above and more" if that had been an option.

Same for Zeppelin; the play list would need to include, at a minimum, all tracks from Zeppelin 1 through IV.

Houses of the Holy honorable mention with a few from that, and a few from later albums too.

Fleetwood Mac?  Meh...I went with "Go your own way."  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.