James Patrick

Hawerchuk

Bummer.

Even though the Sabres D is crowded with 3rd - 7th quality guys (9 guys by my count; 8 if you say Kalinen is a top 2), I would like to have seen him stay on for 1 more year. I guess the team feels Numinnen (and McKee (?)) can provide the veteran leadership that Patrick brought.

Hopefully, he can transfer some of his knowledge of the game to the younger guys. The fact that he started in the league as an offensive defenseman and made the transition to more of a stay at home defenseman shows that he has a firm understanding of the game.

Oh, well.

Dave.

It's a good move to keep Patrick in the fold. He's a solid guy on and off the ice. I would rather he be dressing every night. He was easily the Sabres second best defensemen. It just widens the whole created by Zhitnik leaving. With McKee unsigned it will leave the Sabres without three of their top four blueliners.

It's a good move to keep Patrick in the fold. He's a solid guy on and off the ice. I would rather he be dressing every night. He was easily the Sabres second best defensemen. It just widens the whole created by Zhitnik leaving. With McKee unsigned it will leave the Sabres without three of their top four blueliners.

Amen, brother.

You hit it right on the head.

Dave.

OMG! Why is everyone opinning Patrick? He was old when he got here, barely played half a season and most of the time and was weak in front of his net.

The Sabres have a Press Conference for him? Are you kidding me? Sign McKee and make a trade for a good forward!

OMG! Why is everyone opinning Patrick? He was old when he got here, barely played half a season and most of the time and was weak in front of his net.

The Sabres have a Press Conference for him? Are you kidding me? Sign McKee and make a trade for a good forward!

yea maybe... but at least he wanted to be here and still does... people like satan and zhitnik want nothing do to with this team anymore... so why do we want them?

yea maybe... but at least he wanted to be here and still does... people like satan and zhitnik want nothing do to with this team anymore... so why do we want them?

Personally, I think we should blame Darcy for the players not wanting to be here. It is job to fight not only players concerning salary, but also ownership!!! He should be in there saying to Tom, "Hey, look we really can't put together a decent team with the financial handcuffs we are operating under! I need $xxx to get Zhitnik and $xxx to get a goal scorer in Free Agency. Without that money I cannot do my job effectively!" Nuff' Said!

Personally, I think we should blame Darcy for the players not wanting to be here. It is job to fight not only players concerning salary, but also ownership!!! He should be in there saying to Tom, "Hey, look we really can't put together a decent team with the financial handcuffs we are operating under! I need $xxx to get Zhitnik and $xxx to get a goal scorer in Free Agency. Without that money I cannot do my job effectively!" Nuff' Said!

oh i hear ya... i totally agree... darcy needs to step up and stops cowaring in the shadows.

Regier is, and has always been, nothing but a 'Yes Man'. He has no heart or drive. It was "yes Mr. Rigas" and "yes Mr. Golisano". He doesn't have the stones to step up and confront.

Archived