Star Wars -The Last Jedi

Brawndo

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So how many worlds can I conquer and/or destroy before it's too many? Is it like a 1:1 ratio? For every Alderaan I need to create an Endor? Do Ewoks count the same as more humanoid creatures or can I kill more of them. I'm hoping more.

The Universe will balance itself.  It doesn't need you to do it. ?

36 minutes ago, LTS said:

Or maybe it's that living an absolute life is not the path to balance.

Being all Light or Dark, Jedi or Sith does not create balance within oneself.

So, you need a little bit of both to get you through.  ?

It's almost like this is a really interesting path Rian Johnson set the course for that JJ Abrams will almost certainly reverse. Bleh. 

9 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Never thought I would say it. But I was unimpressed with the latest trailer. I fear JJ is going to lean heavily into the same trappings that people complained about with force awakens

I liked the new trailer.  People seemed to like the force awakens much more than the last Jedi.  I know I did.  Force Awakens still felt like a Star Wars movie.  The Last Jedi did not.  So I’d be fine w/ Abrams using the same strategy w/ the rise of Skywalker.  Episode 9 is bringing the Skywalker story to an end.  Stay w/ what has worked.  

Edited by GoPre

12 hours ago, GoPre said:

I liked the new trailer.  People seemed to like the force awakens much more than the last Jedi.  I know I did.  Force Awakens still felt like a Star Wars movie.  The Last Jedi did not.  So I’d be fine w/ Abrams using the same strategy w/ the rise of Skywalker.  Episode 9 is bringing the Skywalker story to an end.  Stay w/ what has worked.  

If they're actually pushing this as the end of the Skywalker story, that makes it pretty clear that a very specific person has to die in the movie.  Unless there's some kids we haven't been introduced to, there's only one left from that bloodline.

5 hours ago, shrader said:

If they're actually pushing this as the end of the Skywalker story, that makes it pretty clear that a very specific person has to die in the movie.  Unless there's some kids we haven't been introduced to, there's only one left from that bloodline.

I don't understand.  This is called "Rise of Skywalker", overtly implying an ascension.  I think what happens here is the Skywalkers finally bring "balance to the Force".

Anakin finally fulfills the prophecy though his bloodline.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:54 PM, GoPre said:

This is undoubtedly what JJ is going to do. Which is why I don't care whether I see it opening weekend, or on blu-ray. Smart money says it's Return of the Jedi 2.0. Plenty of fans will eat that up, but it's just not compelling to me in any way. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This is undoubtedly what JJ is going to do. Which is why I don't care whether I see it opening weekend, or on blu-ray. Smart money says it's Return of the Jedi 2.0. Plenty of fans will eat that up, but it's just not compelling to me in any way. 

Yep!  I also think it’s a definite Return of the Jedi.  Last movie for the Skywalkers.  Abrams is playing it safe to ensure it ends on a high note.  One most fans will be content with.  And I’ll be one of the fans that sees it 3 times.... ??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.