Star Wars -The Last Jedi

Brawndo

So is this thread still going to contain spoilers or are we going spoiler free for a bit?

I was just going to say that we should change the title, so that nobody posts spoilers of TLJ before the rest of us have time to see it.  I'll be lucky if I get to see it before we reach the new year.

I probably won't get to see it until Christmas day or sometime that week when I'm at my dad's place... they're waiting on me to go and I'm so busy with work that it won't be too hard to wait until then.  At least the theater shouldn't be so crowded after it's been out for over a week, but avoiding spoilers until then may prove difficult.

I probably won't get to see it until Christmas day or sometime that week when I'm at my dad's place... they're waiting on me to go and I'm so busy with work that it won't be too hard to wait until then. At least the theater shouldn't be so crowded after it's been out for over a week, but avoiding spoilers until then may prove difficult.

The theater I go to has big ass recliners. I can’t and won’t go back to open seating. Got my ticket from fandango tonight. I’m lucky enough to have some time off and snatched a prime spot for Monday’s matinee before class. I pledge to reveal no spoilers!

I was a little disappointed in the movie.

They did not really leave any plot lines for Episode 9.

Ren telling Rey that her parents are nobody’s, that they drunks who sold her off to pay debts. And they both died on Jakku. This after she heard Obi Wan’s Voice went she picked up Luke’s Lightsaber. There has to be more to her backstory story. How is she so powerful with the Force. Also nothing about her flashbacks was explained. Her character should have been more developed in this episode.

Maz only had a brief part that had nothing to do with how she got Luke’s Lightsaber.

Luke never leaves the island, and what does he die of at the end, exhaustion?

It will be interesting to see where JJ Abrams goes with 9 now.

https://twitter.com/wildgoo53/status/941676800438079489

The Super Leia scene

Edited by det har elektrolyter

I've seen it twice already... glad I did, some little things I kind of missed the first time.

No spoilers...

I didn't get 100% what I wanted out of it, but that was impossible... for anyone.  SW and the characters mean so much and also different things to the fans, no one will ever be 100% happy.  there were a TON of surprises for me.  I tried to stay "in the dark" and not know much other than the couple trailers i saw.  I'm glad I did, i was really surprised at times and loved several moments. I could have done without the blatant political agenda that was being thrown in our face but even with that, I enjoyed the hell out of it!

For older fans like me that grew up loving SW and having Luke be a HUGE influence on them, it had some "HECK YEAH! moments and also some "it's dusty in here" moments as well.  I think i'm going a third time this weekend... I'm easy to please and can over look some things to experience that feeling that I never thought I'd have again after 1983... this made it twice in as many years, can't wait for episode 9 and time #3!

After watching The Last Jedi for the 3rd time, I will say this... watching it with a "first time" audience is special. So many moments that are great to share with people seeing it for the first time, it really enhances the experience. I enjoyed hearing the reactions and whispered comments. I love that so many people love SW like I do. I encourage all of you that normally don't like crowds and/or don't go to the theater that often to go soon and see it with others for the first time. See it twice... at least!

I think it was more entertaining and original than any since the original trilogy. With that said, it felt kind of like a slog - basically 2.5 hours of watching space ships chase each other? Like Mad Max Fury Road except they didn't turn around halfway through, and with a lot less crazy action. And if you can cut a ship in half by going through it in hyperspace why didn't they do that all the time?

I've stayed out of this thread largely because I really don't love Star Wars as much as child me did. Return of the Jedi is the first movie I can remember seeing in a theater. I was in college when the Phantom Menace came out. Saw that when it opened. Haven't seen the other two prequels to this day. Have never seen The Force Awakens. Did see Rogue One on Netflix because I was bored and liked it.

Anyway, had a friend drag me to see Last Jedi today. To quote John Hodgman, had they recreated this film scene for scene as animation and slapped Miyazaki's name on it, film schools all over the world would explode. It's that good, and such a departure from the formula... I enjoyed every second.

Still not watching the stuff I missed though...

Saw it on Friday night at the North Park Theater. I really enjoyed the movie and was glad that they managed to make this one feel more original in terms of plot. But mostly I came here to say that the North Park theater is effing gorgeous and and a pretty cool throwback movie experience. Certainly doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the new Regal/AMC theaters, but it was a genuinely fun experience. I'm really glad they put in the effort to remodel and bring back that gem on Hertel.  :thumbsup:

Will discuss more Star Wars after the spoilers ban.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.