DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Well, it matters in the sense that if Kane had another year left at 5 million, I bet the return on a trade would be higher.

Relative to himself yeah, but I don't think Kane gets less than Henrique even though Henrique has another year left on his deal

Relative to himself yeah, but I don't think Kane gets less than Henrique even though Henrique has another year left on his deal

It's hard to say. I'm quite interested in what the return is going to be, now that I've accepted the fact he's getting traded. My main worry now is that he gets hurt sometime around the deadline.

It's hard to say. I'm quite interested in what the return is going to be, now that I've accepted the fact he's getting traded. My main worry now is that he gets hurt sometime around the deadline.

That's okay.  He'll be traded by then!  :)

Who knows but I don't agree. Henrique may not be as good as Kane in some respects but Centers have more value than Wingers in the league. Add another year of reasonable salary (vs. pending FA for Kane) and I don't see it. 

That is unless they can get some dumbass like Bergevin or Chiarelli to agree to something excessive, which would be ideal. 

Reasons for your thinking? All the reports I've heard from the Dregers of the world is that Botterill is likely waiting until February to pull the trigger.

The Pierre LeBrun commentary posted the other day said expect something to develop in 6-8 weeks.  My guess is that it's a stock market situation right now.  There are offers and Botterill is hoping that a few more teams jump in or that someone suffers an injury setback that ups the value for Kane just that much more.  It's a risk without a doubt.

I don't think he'll be a deadline deal.  

How's MODO doing? Any chance of getting back to the big leagues after relagation

Good question, half the season is here and they park at 9th out of 14 teams. They are doing ok i guess but it doesnt look like they will reach SHL in a long time unfortunatly. It is very hard these days to reach SHL.

Hey let's load up on draft picks again because that worked out so well for us the last time we tried it...

That would be horrendous.   This team would be unwatchable  (borderline already)  if Kane goes and no one comes in to replace him. 

And what Pegula Sports Enterprises (or whatever it's called) done with years of tanking/losing records and an armored car full of draft picks?  We're on a 50 point season pace right now.  Yup, that's all they've done.  

But our rookie GM Botterill is 'evaluating' - I feel so much better.  

The Pierre LeBrun commentary posted the other day said expect something to develop in 6-8 weeks.  My guess is that it's a stock market situation right now.  There are offers and Botterill is hoping that a few more teams jump in or that someone suffers an injury setback that ups the value for Kane just that much more.  It's a risk without a doubt.

I don't think he'll be a deadline deal.

On the subject of "someone suffers an injury" what if it's Kane? I fear it's going to happen at some point.