OSP at it again

inkman

Not sure which one you're looking at -- the first one on my list is a 2642 sf house for $1.325MM but I don't see the prop taxes listed.

And I have the same opinion about $70K in taxes on a $1.3MM house!

http://www.realtyusa.com/property/5709-Applewood-Drive-South-Bristol-NY-14512/rusaRochesterNY/R1019461/

Dude needs to pony up a few bucks and hire a Falconer.

My buddy is a Falconer (falcon trainer) for a local landfill. The falcons fly around and scare away/kill a few nuisance birds to keep them from the area. Coupled with some pyro and you no longer have a bird problem.

The tri-county area I live in has been pushing crows around for awhile, but if you are the one with pyro and falcons, you don't have much to worry about.

They are not expensive to hire, and there are more than a few around.

And his taxes will be going down next year while mine will be going up to pay for it.

:ph34r:

After taxes I live off of about 14K per year and am legally not allowed to get another job. My taxes are about to increase $2,000 per year without an increase in income because of the removal of section 26 something or other 117(D) of the old tax code. I know of someone in the same boat at a better grad school, who earned his way in there, who will lose almost $7,000 of what he takes home now, which isn't far off of my number. He may have to leave school because taking on loans when you already have a STEM degree, until you're almost 30, is not a smart idea.  

(The emoji ninja hides the "political" talk from the mods, right?) :P

Edited by Randall Flagg

There is a simple inexpensive solution for Golisano's problem. When I first heard of it I tried to contact the head of his foundation but didn't get a return call. I used to have a property on Chautauqua Lake and was invaded by geese. I researched solutions and found a product from Liquid Fence specifically designed to make the grass taste awful without harming it. It worked wonderfully. I used about 1/2 gallon of concentrate ($125 a gallon) so I think maybe he should pony up and not expect the government to do it for him.

• 1 month later...

Announcing what?  (For those of us may have trouble accessing links)

It's a new website/initiative attempting to educate property owners on assessments, etc.  Looks like he's considering pulling together a class action as well.  Love the spirit, but not so sure this applies to anyone but the 1% owning super high value property.  For the rest of us, if my whole street complains and gets an adjustment it's just going to raise the rate town-wide.  Maybe he's already thought of that, and he's counting on the 2% cap to squeeze things, but we love our public schools here NY. Cities excluded (sadly), they are world class in my opinion.

• 4 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.