OSP at it again

inkman

Scouring a Denny's near you for more sugar packets.

From Democrat & Chronicle

Golisano in suit against decorator: 'I trusted her'

http://on.rocne.ws/2ibjUYC

Billionaire Thomas Golisano says an interior decorator bilked him out of more than $300,000 when she over-billed him for work on his luxury yacht.Testimony got underway Monday morning in a civil suit against the decorator, Norma Goldman, and the design company she worked with, Rochester-based Vitoch Interiors.The Paychex Inc. chairman and founder says he agreed to pay Goldman an hourly rate, plus the cost of furnishings she provided. But the central dispute in the case is over the prices billed for those items and whether the decorator had agreed to provide them at wholesale cost without markup. There was never any written agreement between the parties.

and...

From Democrat & Chronicle

Golisano withholds $90K in taxes due to geese

http://on.rocne.ws/2yD3xOj

Billionaire businessman Tom Golisano is challenging his tax assessment again, this time at his Ontario County home on Canandaigua Lake.The Paychex founder is withholding his September school tax of $90,000, pending help from the town of South Bristol with what he says is a significant geese problem.At a news conference at the Golisano Foundation office in Perinton, Golisano talked about up to 200 geese at his property on the shoreline of the lakefront home."It's a battle that needs to be fought," Golisano said.His 2,900 square-foot home in South Bristol has 850 feet of lake frontage. Golisano has owned the property since 1999 and his annual taxes are $132,000. At its current state, Golisano said his property is unusable with the amount of waste produced by the birds. He has tried to work with the town to no avail, he said.

I just think if I'm a billionaire, some of these fights aren't worth having...

The Golisano thing is pretty breath-taking.

From what I had read (not much), part of the problem is that he's only at the property intermittently throughout the year. And when things are quiet on the grounds, the geese congregate and defecate.

But, as Chz suggested, ... DUDE. Buy a couple of high energy herding dogs and loose them on the grounds. And hire someone to handle and care for the dogs; that person can generally oversee the dispersal efforts. 

My sense is that if a landowner disrupted the geese's visits for a long enough time, the geese would just stay away.

Golisano is a grade A arsehole.

OSP,

Let me in for a weekend and I'll see to it that two dogs take care of your geese and I'll personally pick up after the dogs. Please make sure the bar is fully stocked and the door to the wine cellar is unlocked. I can start Friday.

Woods

You'll want a more buttoned up contact than the one the interior decorator had.

I'm fine with it.  The lady he's suing also not struggling.  Her address is a giant house on Lake Rd in Webster anyways worth >1MM.  Not cool to steal / do business that way.  Good job TG standing up for yourself.

Pretty sure this is the boat btw:

Though, could be his attorney is on retainer and he's getting all sugar-packet-y with him.  Wtf am I paying you for?  Here, let's do this....

Oh, and this was announced the same week.  Dude is quirky no doubt, but he's doing a lot right:

http://wxxinews.org/post/golisano-gives-5-million-new-pediatric-behavioral-health-and-wellness-center

I'm fine with it.  The lady he's suing also not struggling.  Her address is a giant house on Lake Rd in Webster anyways worth >1MM.  Not cool to steal / do business that way.  Good job TG standing up for yourself.

Pretty sure this is the boat btw:

Though, could be his attorney is on retainer and he's getting all sugar-packet-y with him.  Wtf am I paying you for?  Here, let's do this....

Oh, and this was announced the same week.  Dude is quirky no doubt, but he's doing a lot right:

http://wxxinews.org/post/golisano-gives-5-million-new-pediatric-behavioral-health-and-wellness-center

Yes, his record of philanthropy puts other multi-billionaires to shame.

Edited by PASabreFan

The Golisano thing is pretty breath-taking.

From what I had read (not much), part of the problem is that he's only at the property intermittently throughout the year. And when things are quiet on the grounds, the geese congregate and defecate.

But, as Chz suggested, ... DUDE. Buy a couple of high energy herding dogs and loose them on the grounds. And hire someone to handle and care for the dogs; that person can generally oversee the dispersal efforts. 

My sense is that if a landowner disrupted the geese's visits for a long enough time, the geese would just stay away.

Golisano is a grade A arsehole.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.