OSP at it again

inkman

#richpeopleproblems

I don't know.  I've seen plenty of people from all walks of life complain about goose crap.  The only difference here is that Golisano is someone who has the means to fight the town over this.  I think most would wind up trying if they had his kind of money.

Spendiest or snobiest? Those atributes often get confused. ;)

You mean those lovely people who dress up like Dickens characters all December long and go carolling about their frozen wind swept hellscape?

I don't know.  I've seen plenty of people from all walks of life complain about goose crap.  The only difference here is that Golisano is someone who has the means to fight the town over this.  I think most would wind up trying if they had his kind of money.

He also has the means to employ methods to deter the geese.  Just like the OSP we knew and loved, he won't spend a dime on the problem and wants the town (read everyone else) to fix it.

He also has the means to employ methods to deter the geese. Just like the OSP we knew and loved, he won't spend a dime on the problem and wants the town (read everyone else) to fix it.

This is exactly why I think the guy is being a big turd. Tom’s property on the lake is pretty nice. Always well kept. If he doesn’t want goose on his lawn then he has more than enough money to make that happen. Don’t bitch about how the town has let you down. Spend some of that money and take care of it yourself. JFC.

This is exactly why I think the guy is being a big turd. Tom’s property on the lake is pretty nice. Always well kept. If he doesn’t want goose ###### on his lawn then he has more than enough money to make that happen. Don’t bitch about how the town has let you down. Spend some of that money and take care of it yourself. JFC.

I liken this to the suburban home owner that turns their lawn into a parkland and then demands something be done about the deer and the damage they are doing. Newsflash!  If you build a salad bar the deer and bunnies are gonna belly up and feast.

TG has created ideal an brooding habitat for certain wild critters and wants the town to drive off the wild critters he's attracted.  Talk about entitlement.

I liken this to the suburban home owner that turns their lawn into a parkland and then demands something be done about the deer and the damage they are doing. Newsflash! If you build a salad bar the deer and bunnies are gonna belly up and feast.

TG has created ideal an brooding habitat for certain wild critters and wants the town to drive off the wild critters he's attracted. Talk about entitlement.

You are describing my property. You either plant so much the deer can’t eat it all or build a six foot high fence. I chose the later. I spent the $. Dug the holes. Drove the nails....... I solved the problem. I didn’t ask the taxpayers to do it for me...and I’m not even a billionaire.

He also has the means to employ methods to deter the geese. Just like the OSP we knew and loved, he won't spend a dime on the problem and wants the town (read everyone else) to fix it.

I haven’t really read much of it, it I assumed there were some rules in place blocking him from doing certain things. But anyway, I join him in his pure hatred of those birds. I’ve freaked out many people who think I’m randomly yelling out “go back to Canada”.

I haven’t really read much of it, it I assumed there were some rules in place blocking him from doing certain things. But anyway, I join him in his pure hatred of those birds. I’ve freaked out many people who think I’m randomly yelling out “go back to Canada”.

It is fairly common for parks and airports to employ trained dogs to discourage geese from congregating, so the ability to discourage the birds is there, legally.  And he could always change his landscaping to to discourage it as well.

It is fairly common for parks and airports to employ trained dogs to discourage geese from congregating, so the ability to discourage the birds is there, legally.  And he could always change his landscaping to to discourage it as well.

I was thinking this as well. The irony is that there would probably be less wildlife if the property had been left in its natural state.

Note to self: don't build a home on a migratory bird route and then put out a huge dinner feast for them.

Someone should let Big G know that maybe his taxes are so high because the local government has to spend time and resources dealing with all the half-witted well-to-dos coming to them to fix basic home ownership problems.   

You couldn't pay me enough to deal with this crap. 

I was thinking the same thing. A few dogs with some electric collars that would allow them to patrol the property while not being able to run off should be a relatively cheap fix.

Serious question:  has anyone (including any of the media coverage) looked into TG's side of this?  e.g. is he legally prohibited from shooting the geese or taking other steps, with the result that he has to live with mountains of goose poop?

Although it's certainly an appealing narrative, it doesn't seem likely that he would just demand that the town fix a problem on his property with no justification.

Why do I get the feeling that this whole geese thing is just a red herring to try and get his taxes lowered and he doesn't really care about using the poop covered property?

His website is taxmypropertyfairly.com, not goosepoopfree.com.

Serious question:  has anyone (including any of the media coverage) looked into TG's side of this?  e.g. is he legally prohibited from shooting the geese or taking other steps, with the result that he has to live with mountains of goose poop?

Although it's certainly an appealing narrative, it doesn't seem likely that he would just demand that the town fix a problem on his property with no justification.

Well...

Why do I get the feeling that this whole geese thing is just a red herring to try and get his taxes lowered and he doesn't really care about using the poop covered property?

Ding!

This is exactly what it is.

I'm still leaning towards a goose-based conspiracy.  I'm with anyone who is on the opposing side to those evil birds.  And speaking of conspiracies, this practice of adding "gate" onto the end of anything when naming a conspiracy/scandal needs to end.  Wouldn't that make the original Watergategate?

With all the fetish stuff out there, I'm sure the second page was already taken.

I'm still leaning towards a goose-based conspiracy.  I'm with anyone who is on the opposing side to those evil birds.  And speaking of conspiracies, this practice of adding "gate" onto the end of anything when naming a conspiracy/scandal needs to end.  Wouldn't that make the original Watergategate?

With all the fetish stuff out there, I'm sure the second page was already taken.

Yep. That's where I get all my free goose poop from. Nothing but the best!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.