Jbot Do Something Already Part 2

GASabresIUFAN

REMEMBER:  JBot builds from the farm up.  The winning team isn't the one in the NHL.  The winning team is being built in the AHL and will then be moved up to the big club.  Look at all the journeymen on the Sabres on 1 year deals.  1 year for a reason.  I'm not saying next year it all gets better, but when the Sabres get there, it will come from Rochester.

I’ve seen enough. Jbot do something already! Find us a D or two.

Shake up this roster. Let them know this effort isn’t acceptabe.

Step 1: Waive Moulson and Gorges.

Step 2: demoted Fedun and Tennyson

Step 3: ????

Down 3-0 after 10 minutes into the game against a team with just 4 more points than the Sabres???  It's about toughness and grit.  So much stick checking.  Housley may go soon - - that's his style of play.

REMEMBER:  JBot builds from the farm up.  The winning team isn't the one in the NHL.  The winning team is being built in the AHL and will then be moved up to the big club.  Look at all the journeymen on the Sabres on 1 year deals.  1 year for a reason.  I'm not saying next year it all gets better, but when the Sabres get there, it will come from Rochester.

Have you noticed that Rochester is a tire fire rather devoid of up and coming talent, save for 1 or 2 names?

This team doesn't compete and Eichel is more Turgeon than LaFontaine or Perreault as far as big name superstars go.

Our only bright light on the blue line is RISTO, and he is nowhere near where expectations would have place him by now.  

He is regressing.

Rheinhart is a borderline "bust" relative to expectations for the #1 forward taken in an entire draft...

For all of the pain and losing we have gone through for what? 5 years now?  This team is nowhere close to emerging as something special.

We'll finish this year in the bottom 3.

Have you noticed that Rochester is a tire fire rather devoid of up and coming talent, save for 1 or 2 names?

This team doesn't compete and Eichel is more Turgeon than LaFontaine or Perreault as far as big name superstars go.

Our only bright light on the blue line is RISTO, and he is nowhere near where expectations would have place him by now.

He is regressing.

Rheinhart is a borderline "bust" relative to expectations for the #1 forward taken in an entire draft...

For all of the pain and losing we have gone through for what? 5 years now? This team is nowhere close to emerging as something special.

He is regressing.

For all of the pain and losing we have gone through for what? 5 years now? This team is nowhere close to emerging as something special.

I said I'd give it to Thanksgiving to see what we've got. Must admit I'm about to say we're no where near what I expected a month in. Didn't expect playoff team but expected much more out of what would be considered our better players. Defensively we knew we needed help and goaltending was a question but this so far is discouraging up and down the lineup. Most on here were excited about the Housley hire and I liked it myself but he's a first time head coach and maybe there is going to be a longer learning curve than many would expect but at the end of the day it's about the players.

Maybe Housley can do this maybe not but as already mentioned botterill is going to build a succesful team in Rochester and a winning mentality which we so need and then start to move players to the sabres who are ready. This will be no short term fix and i am as frustrated as anybody but Botterill has to be given a chance to fix this. I have to admit i liked Tim Murray when he was here but his shortcomings and bad decisions are now starting to show. I am still hoping we can get this right.

A trade out of desperation would most likely backfire.  The only move that he might make sense is moving Kane before you lose him for nothing.  Imagine the backlash for Jbot if he didn't get anything for Kane and the Sabres finish poorly!  All moves should be for the long term success of the team. 

A trade out of desperation would most likely backfire.  The only move that he might make sense is moving Kane before you lose him for nothing.  Imagine the backlash for Jbot if he didn't get anything for Kane and the Sabres finish poorly!  All moves should be for the long term success of the team. 

Yeah Kane the likely trade i reckon.

So, another 5 years?  Cuz Rochester isn't built to win yet either.

Totally agree with your post. Eventually it will have to come from Rochester. I also believe this because there is no way any decent free agent will want to sign with this current mess of an organization. Honest, why would you sign here over another club? To play with Jack? Jack hasn't shown me near enough for his pick status or salary.........yet. Leadership is currently not his forte.We will have to draft wisely and build the farm club correctly. Right now, neither has flourished.

So, another 5 years?  Cuz Rochester isn't built to win yet either.

Yes, another five.

I'm going to need to increase my bourbon intake on game nights because of this conversation :P

He is regressing.

For all of the pain and losing we have gone through for what? 5 years now?  This team is nowhere close to emerging as something special.

very dismal outlook.so sad

Maybe Housley can do this maybe not but as already mentioned botterill is going to build a succesful team in Rochester and a winning mentality which we so need and then start to move players to the sabres who are ready. This will be no short term fix and i am as frustrated as anybody but Botterill has to be given a chance to fix this. I have to admit i liked Tim Murray when he was here but his shortcomings and bad decisions are now starting to show. I am still hoping we can get this right.

So, another 5 years? Cuz Rochester isn't built to win yet either.

So what I'm gathering is that we should send Eichel to Rochester. Sound about right? :lol: :(

Edited by Thorny

I guess the real question is what can Jbot really do at this point?  Does he wait and hope that the injuries on D get healthy soon and make a difference once they get back?

What assets do we have to trade?

On defense; Scandella won't be traded because he just got here, but does that change at the deadline if we are still in last?

Risto is signed to a reasonable contract given his age and point production, but is he going down the same road as Myers.  I don't think so but.....

McCabe is signed to a cheap contract and is a perfect 4/5.  I wouldn't move him, unless it was part of a package to get a 1-3 D back.

Guhle - I doubt we are moving are only legit D prospect

Forwards

It comes down to Reinhart, Kane and maybe Pommers.  Jack is never going to be traded.  ROR is likely to big a contract to move and why would you want to move him anyway.  KO is off to such a slow start, that I doubt their is much interest.  Sam has value as a former top 2 overall pick, only 22 and someone who has started his career with 2 40+ point seasons.  Kane has value because of his speed and scoring.  Pommers has found his game here and I doubt Jbot wants to move his one true winning forward, however dumping his salary for next season might help retain Sam and Kane if that is his plan.  A team at the deadline looking for depth scoring might just give us something decent for Pommers.

Mittelstud, Nylander, Asplund and Pu are probably are prospects with the most value.  The only one I'd trade at this point is Nylander.  We should have drafted a D in his slot, maybe if he comes back and plays well, maybe we can move him for a Shea Theodore or one of Philly's or Ana's abundance of near ready NHL D prospects.

Not really a long list of valuable pieces is it? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.