GDT: Preseason Game 1: Carolina at Buffalo, 9/18/2017, 7:00PM

Randall Flagg

I can't understand how Dunleavy has a job. The guy is brutal. Worst hockey play by play announcing I've ever heard!!!!

You should listen to more local broadcasts around the league. He's a star compared to some of these places. You don't call games on HNIC because you suck. Calling a game on the radio is much different than TV. RJ is possibly the best at it ever. Anyone and everyone else will pale in comparison.

Edited by korab rules

You should listen to more local broadcasts around the league. He's a star compared to some of these places. You don't call games on HNIC because you suck. Calling a game on the radio is much different than TV. RJ is possibly the best at it ever. Anyone and everyone else will pale in comparison.

On HNIC he has a crutch in the video. He is incompetent on the radio.

Said it late last year: I hate Rodrigues as the third line centre.

But I love him as a swing man 13th forward. He can't withstand the grind of being an NHL regular, but he has got the brains, speed, work ethic and enough skill to spot in a lot of places and give the team some jump 30-65 games a year.

Edited by dudacek

Sabres are 0 for 7 on the PP. 

They're definitely using preseason to emphasize what is and isn't being called this year. Yesterday Vancouver took 6 or 7 slashing penalties alone.

Housley said after the game that they have yet to work on the PP and been focusing on EV. Which makes sense why the PP looked so flat.

As for all the slashing penalties, the Vegas game had 17 PP in the game. It's expected there to be a increase of PPs at the start of the season until players figure it out and the referees start to put the whistle away, but that could benefit strong PP teams getting off to a hot start.

Said it late last year: I hate Rodrigues as the third line centre.

But I love him as a swing man 13th forward. He can't withstand the grind of being an NHL regular, but he has got the brains, speed, work ethic and enough skill to spot in a lot of places and give the team some jump 30-65 games a year.

Interesting.

Housley said after the game that they have yet to work on the PP and been focusing on EV. Which makes sense why the PP looked so flat.

As for all the slashing penalties, the Vegas game had 17 PP in the game. It's expected there to be a increase of PPs at the start of the season until players figure it out and the referees start to put the whistle away, but that could benefit strong PP teams getting off to a hot start.

Which is what everyone wants

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.