(OT) The College Football Thread

Eleven

Quiet as rats pissing on cotton in Athens

You were so friendly and then I called the tech uga rivalry by it's name and since then you've been a complete ass. "Clean old fashioned hate"

I don't post anti tech things every time you lose. I don't call out your fandom and yet you constantly go at me. The weird thing is I remember how nice you used to be. I'll give it one more attempt to be cordial.

You were so friendly and then I called the tech uga rivalry by it's name and since then you've been a complete ass. "Clean old fashioned hate"

I don't post anti tech things every time you lose. I don't call out your fandom and yet you constantly go at me. The weird thing is I remember how nice you used to be. I'll give it one more attempt to be cordial.

Idk, man. Was that directed at you? Doesn't he do that every time Georgia loses a big game. Like, same quote and everything.

It's trash talk. Pretty benign, extremely general, trash talk. That's college football Inna nutshell.

You can post all day long against my alma mater...hope you've lots of time because your fixin to become a full time author.

My fandom.... It is goin to games at Bobby Dodd to be with my Papaw who is a GA Tech alum and is also 98 years old. Seeing him get all wound up and enjoying some corn squeezing is why I go. I really don't care about the scoreboard. I care about being with my Papaw my Daddy and brothers all of us alumni of Tech. Even when they play UGA I couldn't give a rats ass about the score..

See what I did there ubkev....

I know you are of the age to be in a particular generation characterized by winter precipitation but don't make to out to be a "meanie" and have you run to a safe space over some ball busting over a meaningless college football game

You can post all day long against my alma mater...hope you've lots of time because your fixin to become a full time author.

My fandom.... It is goin to games at Bobby Dodd to be with my Papaw who is a GA Tech alum and is also 98 years old. Seeing him get all wound up and enjoying some corn squeezing is why I go. I really don't care about the scoreboard. I care about being with my Papaw my Daddy and brothers all of us alumni of Tech. Even when they play UGA I couldn't give a rats ass about the score..

See what I did there ubkev....

I know you are of the age to be in a particular generation characterized by winter precipitation but don't make to out to be a "meanie" and have you run to a safe space over some ball busting over a meaningless college football game

Who doesn't enjoy a little corn squeezing now and then?

I am pleased that a Buffalo kid was instrumental in (probably) driving Miami out of the top 4.

Also, if you watched that game, what do you think of Miami pulling a McDermott and benching Rosier for a series to "send a message" with the game well within reach?

Edited by Eleven

As a Ga fan, we spent the game going this was a perfectly coached Mark Richt game. It’s because of games like this one that GA moved on from Coach Richt. We like Richt the man, but like Lehner letting in a softie, Richt’s GA teams also lost a game or two we shouldn’t.

In fact we were commenting that GA also played to the level of their competition under Richt.

Without Richt, Ga is winning by 24 pts, defeated the entire SEC East for the first time ever, and went undeated at home for the first time since 2012.

Michigan fan. Home for Thanksgiving. Toledo is the border battle city and the home of both coaches. I'm already beyond sick of the horrible OSU culture you get up here, and Michigan laid another turdburger. Can't wait to go out for a bite with my family and have insults thrown at me for wearing a Michigan sweatshirt. 'Course, the real losers in this game are all the dudes who got injured... geez. Every play was a player carted off the field. 

Why do I do this to myself? Sorry, I haven't had a team I rooted for win anything in a pretty damn long time now. 

Michigan fan. Home for Thanksgiving. Toledo is the border battle city and the home of both coaches. I'm already beyond sick of the horrible OSU culture you get up here, and Michigan laid another turdburger. Can't wait to go out for a bite with my family and have insults thrown at me for wearing a Michigan sweatshirt. 'Course, the real losers in this game are all the dudes who got injured... geez. Every play was a player carted off the field. 

Why do I do this to myself? Sorry, I haven't had a team I rooted for win anything in a pretty damn long time now. 

Because any school that refers to itself as THE ______ state university is insecure and impotent.

You're doing God's work, Jo.

Good win by my Georgia Bulldawgs today.  Tech really never had a chance in this game but you gotta win the games you play and in the past this was a classic let down game under Richt. Kirby brought them out ready to play and they were well coached to deal with the triple option. Will be a much tougher match up in the SEC championship game next week. Not sure they can beat Auburn or Alabama but should be fun and you never know.  Hell of a season by Georgia. 11-1 with the only loss coming to Auburn in Auburn.

Hmmm..... Have something coming together. If Alabama loses, does Aubrn deserve to be in the playoff? What if Alabama loses and then goes on to beat Georgia? What team would get in? Auburn beat Georgia, so each team could make an argument as to why they deserve to be in the playoff.

Hmmm..... Have something coming together. If Alabama loses, does Aubrn deserve to be in the playoff? What if Alabama loses and then goes on to beat Georgia? What team would get in? Auburn beat Georgia, so each team could make an argument as to why they deserve to be in the playoff.

This post doesn't make sense. If Alabama loses then they don't go to the SEC championship. If Auburn wins they play Georgia. If they beat Georiga then Auburn is in. The question is does Alabama also get in? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.