Streaming the Sabres Legally

BMWR100RT

Queen is not terrible,... but, um, that Radio Ga Ga song certainly is.

That was the point. I have to hear that piece of hellspawn trash every single day at work! Every day!!! Worst song ever! And ya know what? Bicycle can off too! That song blows as well.

At this point I only have high speed internet and and firestick. I am outta market, so I can watch NFL and Sabres games, but pay for NHL online every year because I often watch while at work. It is interesting discussion but I could care less about the big providers and their outrageous money raping schemes. Would rather watch local college hockey and football or affordable AHL games. There is a limit to my interest and these knuckleheads are reaching it fast. Football advertising already has... cant stand going to games anymore with all the advertisment timeout delays unless I go to a bar with friends and there are multiple games on so I can switch my attention.

PS I fall into the nether world... tail end of baby boomers, beginning of gen Xers. Hate babyboomers too so guess Im more a genxer. They cant die soon enough.

PS I fall into the nether world... tail end of baby boomers, beginning of gen Xers. Hate babyboomers too so guess Im more a genxer. They cant die soon enough.

Same age and feelings here. Greedy bastages managed to screw things up for at least the next 2 generations.

As for watching hockey. I wont pay cables prices. Granted, the Sabres have been uninteresting for about 5 years now so I take comfort in knowing I wasnt missing much.

Netflix was paying a large sum for Disney content, and passing that cost on to their customers.    Without that cost, Netflix should drop their fees, but likely won't because they don't have to.

They won't begin removing content until 2020.

"U.S. Netflix members will have access to Disney films on the service through the end of 2019, including all new films that are shown theatrically through the end of 2018.'

I like what Disney is doing, they want control over the distribution of their own content.    It's what they should've done to begin with (like HBO), they just needed to catch up technically.  

Personally, my kids are getting older and don't care to watch Disney stuff on Netflix anyway, so why should I have to pay Netflix for that content (indirectly) if I don't watch it? 

Netflix was paying a large sum for Disney content, and passing that cost on to their customers.    Without that cost, Netflix should drop their fees, but likely won't because they don't have to.

They won't begin removing content until 2020.

"U.S. Netflix members will have access to Disney films on the service through the end of 2019, including all new films that are shown theatrically through the end of 2018.'

I like what Disney is doing, they want control over the distribution of their own content.    It's what they should've done to begin with (like HBO), they just needed to catch up technically.  

Personally, my kids are getting older and don't care to watch Disney stuff on Netflix anyway, so why should I have to pay Netflix for that content (indirectly) if I don't watch it? 

No one is forcing you to pay. Netflix has lists of their available content as well as the price they charge for it, plus they offer a free trial. If you don't feel like it's worth it, then cancel your service. I'd venture it's nearly impossible to watch everything in their streaming library so everyone is paying some for some stuff they are watching and some for stuff they don't watch.

No one is forcing you to pay. Netflix has lists of their available content as well as the price they charge for it, plus they offer a free trial. If you don't feel like it's worth it, then cancel your service. I'd venture it's nearly impossible to watch everything in their streaming library so everyone is paying some for some stuff they are watching and some for stuff they don't watch.

So what's the difference between what Netflix is doing and a Cable company who charges you for channels you never watch?   

Netflix is charging me for Disney content and I have no choice to opt-out of Disney programming and reduce my monthly fee.  

So what's the difference between what Netflix is doing and a Cable company who charges you for channels you never watch?   

Netflix is charging me for Disney content and I have no choice to opt-out of Disney programming and reduce my monthly fee.  

Nothing except the fact that the price I pay to Netflix doesn't go up every year the way cable and satellite seems to. The only time the price of Netflix has changed (for me at least) is when I adjusted my plan to stream up to 4 devices simultaneously. The only difference is they offer a far better value.

Even under an a la carte system, you're still paying for content you don't watch. HBO is a good example. Some people pay for HBO to watch Game of Thrones or re-runs of the Sopranos and they may never watch other programs available like Six Feet Under, various Stand Up Comedy specials, or shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you think it's worth the price you'll continue to pay and if you don't think it's worth it, you'll cancel service.

Just because Netflix won't be paying for Disney content soon doesn't mean they'll drop their prices. They'll likely use those funds to purchase other content or (even more likely) use it to fund more original content (some that you may watch, some that will be targeted to a different demographic).

Nothing except the fact that the price I pay to Netflix doesn't go up every year the way cable and satellite seems to. The only time the price of Netflix has changed (for me at least) is when I adjusted my plan to stream up to 4 devices simultaneously. The only difference is they offer a far better value.

Even under an a la carte system, you're still paying for content you don't watch. HBO is a good example. Some people pay for HBO to watch Game of Thrones or re-runs of the Sopranos and they may never watch other programs available like Six Feet Under, various Stand Up Comedy specials, or shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you think it's worth the price you'll continue to pay and if you don't think it's worth it, you'll cancel service.

Just because Netflix won't be paying for Disney content soon doesn't mean they'll drop their prices. They'll likely use those funds to purchase other content or (even more likely) use it to fund more original content (some that you may watch, some that will be targeted to a different demographic).

In this case, there appear to be a lot of folks upset with Disney...  I just don't see it that way.    Having more choices (choosing what to pay for) is generally a good thing for consumers.  

Netflix is evolving into a content company vs a distribution company.     Content owners are becoming technically savvy enough to distribute their own content, they won't need a Netflix.

Netflix saw this coming years ago and were smart to start producing their own content, otherwise they would quickly become irrelevant.  

In this case, there appear to be a lot of folks upset with Disney...  I just don't see it that way.    Having more choices (choosing what to pay for) is generally a good thing for consumers.  

Netflix is evolving into a content company vs a distribution company.     Content owners are becoming technically savvy enough to distribute their own content, they won't need a Netflix.

Netflix saw this coming years ago and were smart to start producing their own content, otherwise they would quickly become irrelevant.  

Just like they saw the death of DVD rental stores, and ultimately even DVD rental by mail, years before those happened.

Blockbuster's former board of directors and CEO must really live in agony every day.

This is backwords thinking (not unlike the healthcare debate). The only reson you pay so little to watch only the shows you care about, is because others are pooling their money with you to watch shows that only they care about. If you don't like it now, you could always get out of the pool and pay for you content individually (buying the DVDs or pay per view) and see how expensive it is.

Edited by SwampD

Just like they saw the death of DVD rental stores, and ultimately even DVD rental by mail, years before those happened.

Blockbuster's former board of directors and CEO must really live in agony every day.

They still offer their dvd's through the mail. I know because I still subscribe to it. Their DVD library is massive and far surpasses everything available for streaming. Although I mostly only use it to rip copies of shows that I was previously burning to DVD before streaming became the new thing.

Edited by Drunkard

They still offer their dvd's through the mail. I know because I still subscribe to it. Their DVD library is massive and far surpasses everything available for streaming. Although I mostly only use it to rip copies of shows that I was previously burning to DVD before streaming became the new thing.

Yes, they definitely still do mail.  But I'll bet that streaming is the overwhelming majority of revenue now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.